• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I convert vob to mp4 in "premiere pro", the audio in the video disappears.

New Here ,
May 06, 2019 May 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I convert vob to mp4 in "premiere pro", the audio in the video disappears.

I would like to know about the cause.

"Result of audio confirmation by video playback"

・ VOB file

Adobe Premiere Elements: NG

Windows Media Player: OK

・ MP4 file (converted from vob to mp4 in Adobe Premiere Elements)

Adobe Premiere Elements: NG

Windows Media Player: NG

・ MP4 file

Adobe Premiere Elements: OK

Windows Media Player: OK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We would need more info to troubleshoot the issue properly. Please let us know if you get any audio playback in Premiere Pro when you import the .vob file and try to play it. Also, please provide your export settings used when exporting the timeline as .mp4.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2019 Jun 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. When I preview the VOB file, there is audio but when I import it into Premiere there is no audio. I've tried to convert to mp4 using Media Encoder but that doesn't work, either failing completely or transcoding it to mp4 without audio also. I know this VOB file has audio so what's going on?

(Strangely, one tip I found online said to rename the file to mpg and then sound will appear. This worked for a split second and then went back to the audio no longer being there. Even stranger, the audio waveform is there but no sound plays and when you zoom into it, the waveform disappears.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2019 Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, I was having the exact same issue. Did you find any solution to get the VOB file to import/convert and play with audio intact?

I found that if I used the conversion in VCL to export the VOB file as a m4v, that worked to then import into Premiere Pro with audio intact.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 26, 2019 Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the specs and copyrighted 'standard' to make DVD ( create VOB files, etc. on the DVD ) is complicated. A specific VOB file may not in fact have audio for the video in that specific VOB file, because of the way it is created. If you burn your own DVD and it's very simple, it may have the audio in that VOB file. But then again, it may not.

One reason, when you play a DVD and it 'buffers' ( takes time to gather info from disk and play it ) is because of this complication of the standard to create the DVD.

Bottom line, use what works for you to convert etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sumeet

>>Please let us know if you get any audio playback in Premiere Pro when you import the .vob file and try to play it.

When importing and playing vob files, premiere pro can not play them

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same problem, with no solution. And mpeg streamclip doesn't work on Catalina...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines