• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is my timeline video cropped and the imported video isn't?

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to Adobe Premiere Pro and am not technologically inclined. When I drag my imported videos into my timeline, it's like the clip gets zoomed in. I've completed one project in this program and didn't have this problem, but then I started a new project and for some reason this is happening. 

TOPICS
Formats , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what are your source properties, in particular the pixel dimensions and your sequence settings?  If your source pixel dimensions don't match your sequence settings you need to adjust the scale of the clip in the sequence...   If I remember correctly, you can also control click on the clip in the sequence and "scale to frame size."  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's probably that your sequence settings (dimensions) are different than the source clip. Create a new timeline using the clip.

Right click on the imported video > New sequence from clip.

This will create a sequence that matches your source.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines