Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Working with Multi-Channel Audio in a Multicam Sequence

Explorer ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Audio.png

Premiere Wizards, I humbly need your assistance.

I have a multi-cam sequence (opened in the timeline on the left in the image above) with the camera audio removed and replaced with the on-set recorded audio. The audio is 5 channels, each channel being a different mic, but all together in one file. However, the sequence settings for this multicam sequence show that it's a Stereo sequence with just two channels. The option to change this is grayed out. When I insert clips from the multicam sequence into my main edit sequence, it's reduced down to just two channels (L & R), but it sounds like some of the channels aren't coming through.

So far, I've tried to re-create the multicam sequence in a way that allows for the 5 channels, but there doesn't seem to be a way to do this, all the options I've tried all result in a standard 'stereo' 2 channel sequence, that I can't alter afterwards. I've tried placing all the clips from the multi-cam sequence into a regular sequence with 5 channels created, but then there doesn't seem to be a way of converting this sequence into a multicam sequence. I've looked at the 'modify > audio channels' menu for all of the sequences, and the source audio files. The files correctly show 5 mono channels, but none of the sequences give me the option of adding more than just the standard 2 L&R channels.

Ultimately, I just want to be able to drop clips from the multicam sequence into my edit and have all the channels appear. The closest I've been able to do so far is after the clips are added, as in the image on the right, I can flatten the multicam, match source on the audio and swap it out, but this is a pain and takes ages.

Any assistance here woud be greatly appreciated. Audio channels are my big weak spot when it comes to Premiere! 

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Replying, because for some reason I can't edit the original post, but I'm running CC2020 v14.4.0 on Windows 10Screenshot 2020-10-09 183334.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a quick way to build a multicam sequence template that will always pass all your audio channels through:

https://youtu.be/aiVYRuWohZI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is an ongoing issue for me. It's an absolute joke that Premiere can't reliably sync video & audio by timecode, and just work without all this BS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines