• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Rush crashing on iphone with iOS 17.1

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a critical error exporting videos on iphone 15 running ios 17.1. Apple has confirmed not a device problem. I have deleted and reinstalled the adobe rush app. While editting a project the "scrub" lags a lot. On export, I get some progress and then the whole app crashes. What is the problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Nov 30, 2023 Nov 30, 2023

Hello Community,

I can report that the update for Rush is now available for download. I appreciate all your posts and upvotes. Your messages have helped the team priortize this fix, so thank you! On behalf of Adobe, I apologize for this situation.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Seems to be a file format incompatibility. I changed Camera Settings, Formats to Most Compatible. This may limit Cinematic, 4K at 60FPS and HDR video, so really needs Adobe to allow these formats. I have adjusted and use other apps for some projects

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 346 Replies 346
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2023 Dec 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply! According to the app, I have version 2.8(1). I am not seeing a further update in the App Store. Is there one and I am just missing it? Is there another way I'm supposed to update on my iPhone? Thanks again! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a dummy. I see the update from 3 days ago and it's updating now. 🤞. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem! Let us know how it is working for you, OK, @Lu33978121ojh4?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I already said many times now

Unusable, fix fix nothing, latest update is just as useless!

Mod note: Edited for content. Do not discuss legal issues here. Please abide by Adobe Community Guidelines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see where to update Rush. In settings it says 2.8 (1). Where/how do I update to 2.9? my ipad is already updated to 17.1.2 so I hope the Rush update will fix the crashing issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update does nothing to fix anything

Best Regards

Patrick Marsh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear that, @patrick340410818fg1. Is everything OK with a brand new project? Can you do a quick check? Another user said that the fix did not affect updated projects but new projects were fine. Is that the case with you? EDIT: Developers said that this should not be the case.

Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all... not sure if my premier updated or not, but all of the issues remain... any news on a real fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Tom33920818dj2h,

Have a look at Settings and see which version you are running. Let us know!

The team does not usually announce dates for new releases. Sorry about that.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2023 Dec 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

If you're still experiencing the same or similar exporting/crashing issues, I started a new thread and conversation you can contribute to here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-rush-discussions/rush-2-9-update-did-not-fix-export-issue/m-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, @adams82855197

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2023 Dec 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some problem here. I can't use anymore rush, still be charged for software that doesn't work anymore 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2023 Dec 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try updating @carl24029842e41p? Do let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) I updated
2) re-installed
3) relogging in
4) got new phone

Now it works but super slow, playback is not workable 😞
Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is very frustrating! Adobe needs to up its game and not only fix the bugs but work on something a bit more effective. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 23, 2023 Dec 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, @sabrina34091914acma,

Thanks for the feedback.

Adobe needs to up its game and not only fix the bugs but work on something a bit more effective. 

By @sabrina34091914acma

I will let them know. Sorry for the frustration.

Thanks,
Kevin

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 23, 2023 Dec 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @carl24029842e41p,

I read your note.

Now it works but super slow, playback is not workable 😞Sent from my iPhone
By @carl24029842e41p

Sorry about that. Can you up vote this bug then? I will do the same. As a fellow Rush user, I want this app to work as expected at all times. I apologize for the frustration.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2024 Jan 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im on iphone 15 max pro - edited an hour long video with 300ish pictures... no chance exporting it...

I have painstakingly broke the video up into tiny pieces and tried to export them.  I have found out, nearly all of the crashes and/or export failures are due to the motion effects...  small start (or) end squares wigs it out and you have to make them larger... this is unfortunate, because the tiny squares were the funniest/best parts of my slideshow!

Anyways, adobe team, check out the motion effect, see if its related to the bug or helps lead you to it... I have resolved nearly 20 individual crash/export issues by MAKING THE SQUARES BIGGER...  

Needless to say, I spent nearly a dozen hours tinkering the most perfect wedding slideshow, just to have to mutilate it and patch it up.... which I am still in the process of... have about 85% of it exported, going to try piecing them back together, wish me luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Kyle34586364qnvw,

I read your note. Sorry for the stuggles in getting this done.

It's absolutely possble that there is a bug here, perhaps with the iPhone 15 Pro MAX. I'm investigating that now. Before making such an assumption, though, I would inspect your media if you are having trouble with a system or device that meets system requirements (which you have with that iPhone).

Can we get more info on those photos? 300 is quite a lot of photos for a lightweight editing system like Rush and editing on a moblle device. Personally, I have had projects with at least 100 photos, and do not experience too much trouble; but that's on desktop. My photos are optimized (resized, mostly), however.

Are they large photos? The size of very large photos can disrupt performance, playback, and export. Before editing with still images I intend to animate, I like to resize overly large photos in a photo editing app (I use Photoshop) to no more than 2x the frame size. So, for HD, resize still images to be no more than a UHD/4K frame size. You may want to see if overly large still images is at the heart of your problem. Scaling can really tax the GPU or graphics processing unit on your computer or mobile device.

Working with optimized media, in general, can really smooth out the editing experience. For projects like you are describing, I think that Premiere Pro might be a better tool for you. Feel free to check out the trial.

Let us know more info, so we can help.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

G’day @Kyle

Can you expand on "Making the Squares bigger"? I'm not sure I understand what the squares are!

and @Kevin-Monahan, with respect, as far and as long as I can remember, Premiere Rush was designed with "mobile devices" and "fast edits" in mind, given Premiere Pro is not available on mobile devices, was it not?

The popularity of Rush had grown such that Adobe has seen the PC users rise quite considerably for those who don't require the full features that Pro offers.

Cheers

Keith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Keithy W,

Thanks for the message. Happy New Year, my friend!

Premiere Rush was designed with "mobile devices" and "fast edits" in mind, given Premiere Pro is not available on mobile devices, was it not?

Right. Rush was designed for making quick and short video, ideally for social media.

Doing a complete wedding video with more than 300 photos of various sizes is possible, just not desirable. I've done photo montages with around 1/3 that amount of stills. I didn't enjoy it very much, to honest. Premiere Pro is the preferred tool for projects like that.

That said, you can't escape problems if you are using source footage that is not optimal or if you overload your hardware (be it a phone or computer) with other aspects of the project (scaling, FX, oversized clips, variable frame rates, Long GOP footage, etc.). Every editing system has its limitations given the hardware, media, and software.

The popularity of Rush had grown such that Adobe has seen the PC users rise quite considerably for those who don't require the full features that Pro offers.

I'm glad to see that Rush can offer content creators a simple solution for editing their own videos. It's been a boon for those editors. I do think that once you become proficient in Rush or you need more from the app, it might be in your best interest to make the jump to Premiere Pro where you can spread your wings.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2024 Jan 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have issues with this app with my new phone iPhone 15. If the footage are more then 10 till 30 ( not 4K) always crashing and can make the video done. Disappointing (( saying Adobe is discontinuing support synced project soon) please help. Thank you. A

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2024 Jan 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been an avid Rush user for over 4 years now, and it's sad to say that the app (while advertised on the "App Store" as a "phone compatible app") is not.

This video sums it up pretty well...

Is This THE END for Adobe Rush? - TOO MANY UNANSWERED ISSUES plaguing PHONES and PC's
https://youtu.be/_wsOINOh6fA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2024 Jan 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Keithy W,

I read your message and watched your video. Thanks for putting that together. I forwarded the video to the team so that they can see and hear your perspective on not only the bug, but how you feel about Rush; about how disappointed you are, and so on. The video showed how awful that performance bug really is, and how it's impossible to edit on your iPhone if that issue remained.

I'm doing my best for the community to get this issue fixed. I am so sorry for not being able to do more for you at this time. I'll let you know any news as soon as I hear it.

BTW, your content looks quite cool. I wish you luck with everything.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines