• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can Mini TOC float to the top in "mobile" view (rather than disappear) ?

Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to have the Mini TOC float to the top in "mobile" view (rather than disappear) ?

similar to this...

https://learn.getgrav.org/17/basics/installation

I'm using RH 2020.7.46

Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think there's any way in the interface, although I don't have access to RH2020 right now to check. Assuming you're using frameless, you could have a look by opening the skin, clicking the Mobile icon and checking what options are available under Topic Page > mini-toc. If there're any options, you'd want to try to set the container to display: block.)

If there aren't any options, you might be able to get it to display using javascript, but you'll need a friendly developer to help with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Amebr - 

Editing the Studio "mobile view", selecting "display: block" makes the right panel appear in mobile view.  However, it is off to the right. I'd like to make it fill the width of the mobile screen, at the very top (above the Topic Heading) - similar to how the getgrav site (linked above) looks on mobile.

I've experiemented with other options on this screen, but have not found a way to do this.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

studio-mobile-rightpanel.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The next step would be using the browser developer tools to look at the html and css and figure out what styles and properties you need to adjust to get closer to the look you want. Once you find the styles, and figure out the properties, you add those to a custom css file which you add in the User Assets section of the skin.

It can get complicated pretty fast (it's not hard, just brain-bending and overwhelming at first) so if you're not familiar with it, I'd recommend asking a web developer for help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FYI: The solution (or workaround) to this problem (at least for me) is discussed further at this topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp