• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A link to sync settings between nodes

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing I would really like is a special link between nodes where they sync their settings with one another. I use a lot of tile samplers, where I do a lot of random rotation and placement and scale for natural details, and I may use a couple of tile samplers with the same settings, only different pattern inputs: one will be the color images of my pattern, and another might be the alpha mask versions of my pattern, with another being roughness or normal images of my pattern.

Creating them is no problem, because you just dupe the first tile sampler and change the pattern inputs. But if you edit values later, you have to be sure to change the same values in each sampler separately by hand, for everything to line up. Or you delete all but one, dupe the one and reconnect everything. Same goes for Splatter Circular, or any node that takes pattern inputs: I'd love a way to sync their settings. A checkbox next to every parameter that indicates that this is a parameter to sync with other nodes.

Idea No status

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Expose the parameters as graph inputs then set the duplicate node(s) to use those same inputs. You can choose to make them visible , or not, in the published sbsar

Votes

Translate

Translate
3 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Expose the parameters as graph inputs then set the duplicate node(s) to use those same inputs. You can choose to make them visible , or not, in the published sbsar

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much for this. Found the page for exposing parameters (which I've never done) and it seems fairly straightforward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate