• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All threads show up as read.

LEGEND ,
Mar 25, 2011 Mar 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the CSS on the site messed up? I'm not getting bolded text for unread threads plus "updated" isn't listed on threads that have been updated.

sample.jpg

But some of the ones I've already visited are a little lighter blue than the others.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 176 Replies 176
Mar 26, 2011 Mar 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DEFINITELY, read tracking.  Without that it is a time consuming process to see what threads need responding to.

Before Jive we not only had read tracking, but number of unread responses, and better speed. 

Like most NEW and IMPROVED items that are manufactured they really are not.

Today in the Bridge forum all threads show up as read.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also going for Read Tracking.

Search this forum has also gone temporarily?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DEFINITELY, read tracking.  Without that it is a time consuming process to see what threads need responding to.

Do you subscribe to certain forums?  I am subscribed to some forums and so I get a copy of each and every reply in my mail box which I use to decide whether to visit the forum or not.  This way it is also efficient and fast because you don't have to use the browser interface to read the message.  I guess everybody has different ways of working but I prefer to have everything in my mail box just like the good old days (or even bad old days for some) when we had newsgroups which one could read them in an e-mail client.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DWILCOX01 wrote:

Do you subscribe to certain forums?  I am subscribed to some forums and so I get a copy of each and every reply in my mail box which I use to decide whether to visit the forum or not.  This way it is also efficient and fast because you don't have to use the browser interface to read the message.  I guess everybody has different ways of working but I prefer to have everything in my mail box just like the good old days (or even bad old days for some) when we had newsgroups which one could read them in an e-mail client.

I am one of those who try to keep their email boxes relatively clean...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DWILCOX01 wrote:

Do you subscribe to certain forums?  I am subscribed to some forums and so I get a copy of each and every reply in my mail box which I use to decide whether to visit the forum or not.

This would be my worst nighmare.  If you are trying to answer questions posted in several froums, my mailbox would fill up in a heartbeat.

Also, with e-mail one does not get any corrected text from the messages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No one's mentioned it, but each forum also has an RSS feed. It can be handy for keeping track of what is going on...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 27, 2011 Mar 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Hawkinson wrote:

No one's mentioned it, but each forum also has an RSS feed. It can be handy for keeping track of what is going on...

Well, that may surely be useful for those who know what RSS is and how it is used. I don't, and have been too lazy to try to find out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Mar 29, 2011 Mar 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curt Y wrote:

DWILCOX01 wrote:

Do you subscribe to certain forums?  I am subscribed to some forums and so I get a copy of each and every reply in my mail box which I use to decide whether to visit the forum or not.

This would be my worst nighmare.  If you are trying to answer questions posted in several froums, my mailbox would fill up in a heartbeat.

Also, with e-mail one does not get any corrected text from the messages.

I too subscribe to certain Forums (get the email notifications).

Unlike others that prefer to go to website and slog through each and every forum they think they have posted in and read each an every message, to see which they have replied to or asked a question about. I prefer to only read certain groups. And they only reply to message I want to. The email notifications give the topic and the entire content in email format. I then can choose to click link and actually go to topic. And reply then.

This may or may not be a disadvantage if I were having to use a separate Web Browser and email Client. Say FireFox and Thunderbird for example. But I use SeaMonkey which allows this method to work like flipping a switch. Click on link your in browser. Close the browser window you back in email. Its as fast or faster than using two different software And you don't waste memory loading up another application. (With 8 GB of System Ram in my machine that doesn't make much of a difference. On my old machine that had just 2 GB it did).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Mar 31, 2011 Mar 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read track plus install 4-5 new Servers all hooked up to FOIS, or T5 or Faster Connections. If the Servers can not be installed  the Read Tracking and Fast sped, dumping Jive get software than can handle the Track. Of Make Jive change fost ware all the was up to the current 4 or 5 .x version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliantly concise, specific, accurate and to the point instructions Phil!  Adobe head honchos, are you listening?  All you need to do is listen...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not as Concise as it should be Using new computer with different type of keyboard. :

Should read:

Read tracking plus install 4 to 5 new Servers all hooked up to FIOS, or T5 or Faster Connections.

If the Servers can not be installed,  then Read Tracking should be returned and Fast speed, dumping Jive get software than can handle the Read Tracking and, with fast efficient speed. Or  Make Jive change the software all the way up to the current 4 or 5 .x version. And they should do it free of charge.

Added: They (Jive) knew they sold Adobe a turkey of a Software to Adobe. And Adobe was dumb enough to bite. Now Adobe should man up and "Make Jive Fix it , free of charge or Fire them and get something that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This place hasn't changed, Jive still doesn't work and people are still complaining to no avail

Jay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jay Chevako wrote:

This place hasn't changed, Jive still doesn't work and people are still complaining to no avail

Jay

Adobe cannot complain if Clearspace 2.5.16 does not cope with today's needs. It would be as if someone posted a complaint because PageMaker doesn't work under the last OSs, or because Photoshop 5 cannot do the same than the latest version. Of course, Adobe doesn't like clients who insist on using old versions of its programs...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 01, 2011 Apr 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

It would be as if someone posted a complaint because PageMaker doesn't work under the last OSs,

That's about all you see on the Pagemaker forum.
Jay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jay Chevako wrote:

Claudio González wrote:

It would be as if someone posted a complaint because PageMaker doesn't work under the last OSs,

That's about all you see on the Pagemaker forum.
Jay

Jay, I know, and I knew that you know. I was just trying to illustrate as clearly as possible my point that Adobe doesn't use the same standards in its relationships with Jive and in its relationships with its clients.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because they don't care.  I just purchased

Webdesign Premium CS5. But don't expectsupport from Adobe if things go bust. Even though had what seemed like selling my left kidney to pay for it. Because They simply don't care. I had to up date to purchase of a new machine and my old creaky Studio 8  wasn't working.  I had something to maintain my website.

If they don't care about their software customers the sure don't arce about these support groups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read Tracking was working for some time early this morning, and it was really nice to have it back. Unfortunately, it is gone again now, and I really miss it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe-admin wrote:

Read Tracking (identifying threads with new content since you last visit) does have an impact on performance.

Vote time. Which is more important? Read Tracking or Speed? The initial hope with read tracking is that it would do something similar to the old system that kept a high-water-mark for each forum so you could just pick up where you left off. But it never lived up to that.

I see 3 things, in lowering priority order

1- A forum that WORKS... no false logouts... search works

2- A forum that is FAST enough that you won't grow moss waiting

3- Message history is nice, but not if #1 and #2 are false

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I think that Read Tracking is a must when threads, arranged chronologically, are presented like this:

Untitled-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 28, 2011 Mar 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see 3 things, in lowering priority order

1- A forum that WORKS... no false logouts... search works

2- A forum that is FAST enough that you won't grow moss waiting

3- Message history is nice, but not if #1 and #2 are false

I see all three as being MUST HAVES.  It is NOT OK to have any one of them missing.  They are ALL number 1 priority.

C'mon Adobe, it's been four days now.  Just turn the feature back on.  It's nearly impossible to help those I can help if I can't properly follow threads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed.

Please turn it back on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe-admin wrote on 11/03/25 19:30:

Vote time. Which is more important? Read Tracking or Speed?

Speed.

The initial hope with read tracking is that it would do something similar to the old system that kept a high-water-mark for each forum so you could just pick up where you left off. But it never lived up to that.

I have no objection against read tracking as long as it doesn't

influence stability or performance of the forums. There are people who

have customized the skins for ClearSpace so messages show collapsed if

they are read (similar to how Gmail works). If that were implemented I

might actually use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jochem,

There are lots of users that refuse to have their e-mail boxes polluted with forum messages. Personally I only use e-mail notification for PM's, nothing else. If that is the case, speed is irrelevant, because you spend way more time figuring out where new or updated threads are, so you have lost the 'speed' anyway.

If you see the performance now, after read tracking has been disabled, it is slightly better than it was before, but still is like a snail in comparison to other fora. Run Fire Bug/Page Speed and it does not even approach 70, where other fora easily reach 80 WITH read tracking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A forum without read tracking is like ..... a GPS without navigation - stupid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree completely.

If one is doing work, trying to help others, Read Tracking is essential, especially if one cannot stay logged into individual fora all day - every day, and most cannot.

It would be akin to stating that if one were to remove the tires of any auto, and only idle it, while sitting on blocks, the MPG would improve, over actually driving the auto. OK, that might be a bit harsh, but not by much.

If one only posts of their problem, then e-mail notification should work fine for them. For those, who give of their time and experience, in an effort to improve the Adobe "experience" for others, it is totally unworkable. I would get 500 e-mails per busy day, and that is not going to happen.

My vote goes to Read Tracking (previous post to that effect was either deleted, or did not "take" for some reason), even at the cost of a bit of speed.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines