Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Back Arrow - click twice?

Apr 11, 2012 Apr 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I noticed that when I viewed a thread and then pressed the back arrow it does nothing.  If I click the back arrow the second time it works and takes me back to discussion.

Thinking it might by my computer I shut it down last night.  But same problem occurs today.  Not every time, but say 90% of the time.

I can see the page icon blink on the first click and on the second click it does the "loading" message.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 09, 2012 May 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing this problem in Firefox on MacOS 10.7, but not on 10.6.

And I don't see it in Safari on either OS vesion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2012 Jun 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob Bugge wrote:

As I mentioned in post #7, it worked for me, but only until the New Skin was applied.

Now I have to click the Back Arrow twice, too, sometimes even thrice.

As I reported in post #48 in this thread:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/999431?start=0&tstart=0

But it is still not in that List? Perhaps Adobe Forum's Team is not certain it is a Jive SBS' issue?

I'm not sure now but I think they haven't even commented on Jacob's (and others) report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not just a Jive/Adobe issue a web search shows it is common with many sites.  They can't all be powered by Jive can they? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curt Y    I have Windows7/ Firefox 13   and ran a program and files search.  I don't have Jive on my computer. (shouldn't I have been able to find Jive that way? I just know the basic computer stuff).    #30, Rick CP, may have a point; Adobe Forum's team may not think it's a Jive issue. The only site I have to Back Arrow twice is MSN News (using Firefox).   I've tried Internet Explorer and don't have a problem with MSN News (having to Back Arrow twice) or any other site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curt Y wrote:

... They can't all be powered by Jive can they? 

Of course not! but there's an odd coincidence on some users' reports, in addition - connected (in some cases) to the Mozilla Firefox (11+) browser.

However, would clarify I'm not implying so, but just pointing out that users' reports on that thread above have not yet received much attention from the Forum's Team. Please correct me if I'm wrong...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 16, 2012 Jun 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is annoying the hell out of me!

This is still occurring, now with Firefox version 13.

Getting used to this, when in the Adobe forums I automatically press the Back key twice.  But since this is not always happening, I often end up in the forum editor of my previous post!

With the forum being so slow these days, and thing being displayed in bits and pieces, this is really most annoying.

It's about time this is fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been annoying me so much that I have decided to try finding the cause for this problem.  So I started Firebug and opened a random topic.

First all the JavaScript started displaying in Firebug, then suddenly it disappeared and was replaced by

Reload the page to get source for: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/988260

So this Jive stuff is not even debuggable...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried viewing the source of the page rather than using firebug?  In FF to view the source you need to use:

CTRL+U

or:

tools >> Web Developer >> Page Source

When the source is on the screen, you can copy and paste it in DW and then try debugging that way.

This is just a thought but it may not be ideal for Jive pages because they use lots of scripts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2012 Jun 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good suggestion; I may download the DW trial when I get annoyed again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I got your point now Curt... You mean that because (if) it's not an "specific" Jive thing, or even "if" it's a (mostly Mozillas) browser issue related, it should not be on that thread's list?

If that is the case I must agree (partially) with you, as that thread is tittled: "Known Issues in new (Forums) skins" - which nothing to do with browsers' related issues.

However, whether or not related to one or the other, the problem is certainly affecting the Forums' performance and hence the user's experience; thus, at least a "I heard you" is expected from the Forums' owners - Have you seen any response to any user's report (as this thread) yet?

Trust this clarifies my posts above.

Now coming back to this/your thread... I hope that Pat - who's pissed off enough with this - can show us some light through his investigations!

@scout: Don't worry, Jive isn't in your system - that's the company's name provider of the software platform to the Adobe Forums.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I discovered this problem back in April.  Don't know what changed whether it was Firefox or Jive, but it is annoying.

The only Adobe employee to wade into this issue is, bless his heart, Chris Cox.  His post #25 says he saw it with Firefox on a Mac.

Not willing to let Jive off the hook, but my point was if you google "double click back arrow" you will see a number of posts showing this problem on numerous sites with various browsers.

In additon it does not do it every time.  Depends on which screen you are on.  If you click on Adobe Forums for me back arrow once works.  Also seem like the first time I visit a site it works.  After that is it 2 clicks. 

Jive may have to find out why different browsers do or don't do back arrow.  Good luck on getting them motivated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curt Y wrote:

The only Adobe employee to wade into this issue is, bless his heart, Chris Cox.  His post #25 says he saw it with Firefox on a Mac.

Actually, John has also acknowledged the issue in post #161 at http://forums.adobe.com/message/4434579#4434579

It is also clear that the issue has started before the new skin, and it must be the combination of the Jive JavaScripts with a newer Firefox version.

Unfortunately I do not have as much time as I wish to investigate this further, especially since Jive does not let Firebug debug their JavaScripts.  (Interestingly I can use the debugger on Internet Explorer, where of course the problem does not occur.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2012 Jun 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat Willener wrote:

... it must be the combination of the Jive JavaScripts with a newer Firefox version....

That would be my best bet on this... so far!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2012 Jun 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat Willener wrote:

Actually, John has also acknowledged the issue in post #161 at http://forums.adobe.com/message/4434579#4434579

And you can see that on post #167 that same thread, Jacob directed Noel to this thread... stating:

..."The Back button issue was brought up here"...

So I guess this thread should be definitely linked to that thread's list...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 28, 2012 Jun 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

bizworld12 wrote:

Yes, I noticed the same things since a few days..

How can you have noticed this for "a few days", when you just joined today?

Please remove your spam signature, or you will be removed from the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RickCP 

Thank you for clearing up what Jive is, for me. Change my statement,  "basic computer stuff'' to "VERY basic computer stuff".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines