• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Consolidating Adobe Accounts

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2009 Oct 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over the past 15 years I've bought Adobe software under various accounts, now I need to consolidate all of my registered products into one account. Anyone know how this is done, and if possible?

The reason I need to do this is that I want re-install GoLive CS2 and cannot find my upgrade serial in any of my product boxes, GoLive is installed from the CS2 package but cannot get any further without my PS 5.5 serial...

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try changing to your newest e-mail address on your older accounts. I could never get it to work so I gave up. maybe it might work now as it has been several months since I tried.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dec9, I have done this, but how about old email accounts that are no longer active, how do you get back you ID? I'll contact Adobe to see if I can get anywhere with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct, you will have to contact adobe for your ID issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2009 Nov 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,, everyone i am newbie... Hope i get the desired information in this thread..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer is you need to contact customer service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to do this some years back. Many of my accounts/registrations went back to before FAX'es and well before the Internet.

C/S took about an hour, but got things straightened out. With the forum changeover, things got wonky. With the recent update, they got really screwed up. Time for me to call C/S again, when I have an hour, or two, to sit on hold, and then work through the process.

Good luck, and wish me the same!

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good luck Hunt.

I tried to that last week.  I have a very old account that contains some sw registration from years ago.  I called CS to consolidate that ID with this one, spoke to someone I could barely understand for about 40 minutes and got nowhere.   I finally gave up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 27, 2009 Nov 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

now that's just pathetic. 

What is the world coming to when you have a large company such as Adobe who can't even handle their own C/S?  I mean, for sw registrations, there should be no issue of consolidating the information.  But if you can't get someone on the same continent as you ... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While it's pathetic, it's a developing trend that is pretty well saturating larger businesses--you can't really be surprised at Adobe for following suit.  I can't recall any recent interaction with a large company's C/S that didn't have me talking to an accent and feeling frustrated with the communication.  Just two days ago I had to call Sears C/S regarding an appliance and guess what?... had to hang up on the first attempt due to background noise (at their end) and an agent who kept repeating the same greeting non-stop since she couldn't hear me.

For these forums I attempted early on to get an account modified and was told to contact C/S for that.  They either played dumb or actually didn't have any clue what I was talking about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The woman working in a overseas textile factory who answered her cell phone, with loud machinery working in the background, was just as confused as you were.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dec9,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This photograph is alleged to have been taken outside of the C/S department's building in India.

Indian_Phone_Lines.jpg

Do not know how true this might be.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sweet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
spoke to someone I could barely understand for about 40 minutes and got nowhere

Curt,

Last time that I did this, I got a lovely, articulate and caring young lady. Yes, it did take some time to get it all done, but she was gathering up accounts from well before the Internet. For a period of time, things were fine. With the forum changeover, there were issues, and now... well all registration info is gone and I seem to have several accounts once more. The only recent registration was a copy of PrE about a year ago. For a bit, it actually appeared in at least two of my accounts - my "consolidated" account, and the one that Adobe/Jive created for me recently (not at the time of the forum changeover). Then I blinked, and it disappeared from each of these. Where'd it go? I haven't a clue, but assume that now I might have even more accounts, and this got moved from the two, to a third, or a fourth... ?

Predicated on other threads, and info posted by MOD's and employees, it seems that Adobe is making a change with T/S. I would hope that C/S gets a makeover too. So far? When the dust settles a bit, and I have a day to spare, plus a freshly recharged battery for the phone, I'll try again. Maybe Adobe will have rehired that previous C/S rep., and I'll get her. Man, I miss the "good old days," but also have to admit that I have not needed to call either T/S, or C/S, until now, that is.

Maybe you can call San Jose and request that the only Support from India be for customers in India, and similar. After all, you're a MOD, a New York Times Bestselling author, and an all around good guy. Me, I just own about everything that Adobe has published and some of it goes back to their first efforts on the PC. I think that my old PS S/N was 000-00-002 and my AI was 000-00-003. Of course, back in those dark days, you were sitting in your crib with a Fischer-Price computer...

Here's hoping that things change for the better for all of us. Next year at the Thanksgiving table, I'd love to tell the gathered that I am thankful that Adobe Support is back in US for us US users. The others will look at each other, with odd looks on their faces, but others would certainly understand.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines