• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Has Linking Stopped Working for Others?

LEGEND ,
Aug 01, 2012 Aug 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of this AM, August 01, 2012, the ability to Link a URL seems to have ceased to work. The dialog box never goes beyond a black field, so no URL input box.

As of yesterday, it was working fine.

Have tried with Chrome and IE 7 & 8, with the same results.

Hunt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Testing to see if I can link the URL http://helpx.adobe.com/community/swapp/swapp-ipad-app.html

It seems to work for me. Bill, is the link above active on your display?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Terri,

Thank you. The URL Linking that I am referring to is from the Insert Link icon in the edit screen, the A with the chain:

Adobe_Forum_Attachment.jpg

Note: from older Adobe Forum, but still Jive.

Yesterday, it worked, as per usual, but today has failed to initialize the URL Insert dialog box.

As a test, highlight a word, and click that Insert URL icon. Do you get the normal dialog screen with the input box for the URL?

Thanks for the response,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's what I used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, this is all that I am getting:

URL_Insert.png

I'll try clearing caches, but would find it odd, if the same function failed in three browsers.

Back soon, and thanks,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cache clearing in both versions of IE and Chrome made no difference - I just get that black screen, with no input box. H-m-m?

Thanks for testing,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying it out with a link to Adobe.

Seems to be working for me, too. Using Chrome and Windows here. I'll try from a Mac in a minute.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firefox on a Mac now. Link to Adobe Forums.

Still working. Anyone else seeing this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not seeing it in Firefox/MAC, IE/Win7 or Safari/Win7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have observed similar behaviour in the past (but not today).  The best way to cure it: wait until tomorrow...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 02, 2012 Aug 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to everyone for testing and reporting.

I have had issues with that Link URL box in the past, and usually trying it a second time, or a moment later, always "fixed" things, but not now.

In my cases, all of the links were to Adobe Forum articles, but without the input box, I could not link those. Instead, I just pasted the URL into the Reply.

Guess that I will wait until tomorrow, as for the second day, I still cannot get that input box.

Appreciated,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 03, 2012 Aug 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is starting to look like a browser issue, as Inserting a Table yields the same black insertion screen. However, I am seeing this behavior in a couple of different browsers, so that is a puzzle.

Updated nVidia driver, just in case, but same behavior.

Will explore some other browsers.

Cannot imagine what happened a few days back, as both Insert URL Link and Insert Table were working perfectly in Chrome.

I'll look at System Restore Points, to see if there was perhaps a Win update, that killed things for me.

More, if I find it,

hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 07, 2012 Aug 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill,

Have you resolved it yet?  I've had no problems of the nature you saw putting in links, though it sometimes seems to take a few tries before I can get inline text to be made into a link.

Here's a try:  I'm making the word link into a link in this sentence.  Figures, it works perfectly when I'm looking closely at it.

The links need underscores, though.  That's a CSS issue.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2012 Aug 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i still seeing it working in firefox

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 08, 2012 Aug 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Noel,

Thank you, but no, it is still not working for me on either Chrome or two older versions of IE.

I get the JavaScript text in the progress bar, but then nothing. I am now assuming that I have something fritzed with JavaScript, but get no errors, that I can find - just that black screen.

Just got back into town, so have not had time to explore more, other than test, to see if it had started working, as quickly as it quit.

Thanks, and hope to have more soon. Seems to be my computer expressly, so I know to look internally, at least.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines