• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Received an email that I think is a scam.

Participant ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I didn't respond to this, but I thought I might report to you. This may or may not be a scam. By the way, I didn't click on the link. I just directly went to you. mail@mail.adobe.com.

The subject line is; Important information about your Adobe account.

Your Adobe account will expire soon.

Dear Adobe customer,

We've noticed you have not logged in to your Adobe account in more than a year. In keeping with our policies, we are contacting you to let you know your Adobe ID will expire 90 days from now. If you take no action within the next 90 days, your Adobe ID will no longer be valid, you will no longer have access to content you may have stored on our servers and this account will be closed.

Your Adobe ID is: <An email that I hardly use that is not in my account.>

If you would like to maintain your Adobe ID listed above, you can log in now to keep it active.

TOPICS
Community Information

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

I don't think it's a scam.  It think it's cobweb-cleaning of unused accounts.

If it's nothing you use currently, just ignore the email.

Phishing attempts (scammers pretending to be Adobe), can be reported below. phishing@adobe.com

3 Easy Ways to Identify Genuine Adobe Staff
https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think it's a scam.  It think it's cobweb-cleaning of unused accounts.

If it's nothing you use currently, just ignore the email.

Phishing attempts (scammers pretending to be Adobe), can be reported below. phishing@adobe.com

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got one of those today too. The tip off was they they sent it to the wrong email address - not the one I use for my work correspondence and log-ins to work-related sites. But I blurred out my non-work email on the attached image:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also get such mails to “blind” e-mail addresses, not necessary from spoofed Adobe. Easy to spot!

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you read it?  Adobe is  housecleaning unused and forgotten Adobe User ID's from their database.  If you're not currently using that account, you may ignore the email.  The ID will be deactivated. 

If you recive actual phishing attempts or are contacted by scammers on Outlook, Gmail or Yahoo pretending to be Adobe staff, you may report them below to

phishing@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm with Nancy. That's Adobe doing some housekeeping on unused Adobe IDs.

The link is safe. It points to an adobe.com domain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just received this email on one of my personal accounts. I use InDesign daily, so I'm most certainly logged in to my account, and I didn't receive it on the computer I use that's dedicated to my work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a scam. 

Adobe is housecleaning -- removing unused or forgotten Adobe IDs.  If it's not something you currently use, ignore the email.

If you actually receive a phishing attempt (scammers pretending to be Adobe), report it to phishing@adobe.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Nancy! Yes, after thinking about it for a while I realized I did have another account besides this one. Not sure why, but I've decided to keep it anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sounds legit and you should ignore it if you have no account with that id that you'd like to maintain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not a scam.  I signed in via Adobe.com and they requested a change of password.  Sent a verification code to my account email.  All good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines