• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slow, slow, slow (III) !

LEGEND ,
Mar 15, 2008 Mar 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thread with this name that was closed with no explanation did serve a useful purpose, so I am opening a new one to replace it.

Speed is back to normal now, and if there was a shutdown, I wasn't here to witness it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 574 Replies 574
Oct 20, 2008 Oct 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

every other link is slow as molasses in winter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

every other link is slow as molasses in winter.

This one failed to load on the first try. so I added this line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the WebX folks taking a look at it. Looks to me like one of the server boxes is running slower than the others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

interesting I see it did post but my browser failed to load the page. MAybe they need a new hamster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just happened to me in another thread in the Photoshop Mac forum. Hit the post button, page failed to load but post was made.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been back to sub-3 second load times, consistently, since about 8pm EST.
Cool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2008 Oct 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no way to know if this "oddity" is at Adobe's servers, the Internet in general, or my DSL connection... but I have noticed that *sometimes* I will click a message link and the progress bar at the bottom (Internet Explorer) will limp along like a snail on a cold day

Sometimes (again, not always) if I click the red "stop" X at the top and then immediately click the message link again, it will "quickly" appear

What I *think* is happening is that the command I sent out at the first click has somehow been lost in the bowels of the Internet, and just stopping that process and starting again results in a properly processed address request

But... that is just a guess

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 25, 2008 Oct 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dogging again today, on and off. some posts don't go through, then a burst of speed for a while, then hanging hanging hanging, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awful here too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here too.

Hey get a new hamster!!!! and oil his wheel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2008 Oct 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just received from SeaMonkey the following screen waiting load your message.

The server adobeforums .com has timed out. There is is network problems
or excessive demand. and has button to try again. I clicked and picked
the message right up.

Looks like your NTTP server forums is about to go toast. where is a
legit address to send to and I will donate $10. toward buying a new
server if that's what's needed. :-(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it means anything, the favicon in the address bar and the red buttons (Post Message, Check Spelling) are the last and slowest to load.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a good support performance, immediately after the release of a major suite update, with so many radical changes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well its still light years ahead of the cold fusion nightmare

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2008 Oct 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Back to sub-3-second load times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 28, 2008 Oct 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yup. been good all day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 12, 2008 Nov 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been slow to not even loading this morning

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zippy, sub-3 seconds here in PA.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uneven as all get-out here. I'll be zipping right along, then WHAM! A page will take 2 or 3 minutes to load, or it will even just time out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 13, 2008 Nov 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The server needs (and deserves) a stiff kick on the side right about now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 13, 2008 Nov 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unusable literally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 14, 2008 Nov 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still just as bad. It's a good job my work is on another computer. I can get on with something while the forum severs rouse themselves from their slumbers and push out a few packets.

Is it really OK to have so many active threads, some of which are pretty long since the limit was lifted?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Long live the threads.

Sometimes, some of us even rescue choice threads at the very brink of the abyss.

Better slow than lost, said one of the lucky ones that never find(s) the forums slow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that's the problem, John. Again, I'm having no speed problems at all. (Sorry 😉 )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That makes troubleshooting pretty tricky I guess. :(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines