• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slow, slow, slow (III) !

LEGEND ,
Mar 15, 2008 Mar 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thread with this name that was closed with no explanation did serve a useful purpose, so I am opening a new one to replace it.

Speed is back to normal now, and if there was a shutdown, I wasn't here to witness it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 574 Replies 574
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2008 Apr 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To Forums Operations:

about 3/4 of the message on the forums (using the html format not nttp I don't use that way) I have to stare at a blank screen with the message in status bar waiting for "wwww.adobeforums.com....".

Yesterday it was about 4 messages (all in the afternoon), ones in the morning were near instantaneous.

the day before and the previous week or so it was nearly instantaneous.

I'm figuring every last one I read tomorrow will have a 5 minute wait.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 25, 2008 Apr 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird, JJ, you're not that far from me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 28, 2008 Apr 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will it ever return to normal for more than a day or two?

Took me about 2 minutes to get in here this morning. Who knows how long this post will take.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My theory is that it's all part of a covert drivel-reduction experiment.

"Hahahahahaha!!!" he laughs maniacally. "It'll never work, AdobeMan!"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would have thought that Adobe would have been concerned about their image.

Half a minute to load a page of text isn't exactly impressive!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They like MS are big enough where image doesn't count. You can get away with acting like the 800 pound gorilla. If you need or want adobe products you put up with anything, and they can get away with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clicked on the link to come in here at 12:57 and got here at 1:03.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, so you took the express route then?

;)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems that way. Took close to that amount of time to get in here just now.

It ain't me...

From Broadbandreports.com:

Speed Test #49958232 by dslreports.com
Run: 2008-04-28 16:44:32 EST
Download: 20217 (Kbps)
Upload: 10227 (Kbps)
In kilobytes per second: 2467.9 down 1248.4 up
Tested by server: 55 java
User: 2 @ dslreports.com
User's DNS:xx.gov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2008 Apr 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are other sites & forums with massive traffic that NEVER show the page load time inconsistencies as the Adobeforums.com pages do.

Fast. Slow. Fast. Slow. Completely unavailable for 5, 10, 15 minutes, or longer.

The company is one of the biggest players on the planet, and this crappy inconsistency is OK with them?

Could somebody please make sense of that for me?

I'm a reasonably smart and perceptive guy. I've thought about it 47 ways inside and out. I've considered technology problems, management problems, infrastructure problems, world-wide networking problems.

I just can't suss it.

It makes NO friggin' sense.

AT ALL!!!

Other companies can figure out how to make it all work like lightning, why can't Adobe?

I place absolutely no blame on individual employees, because I think the world of a lot of them, and what they do, and how they do it. Millions of us couldn't do what we do if you didn't do what you do.

You guys whom I've talked to, and forumed with and exchanged email dialogue with know: I have the best intentions when I write something this intense. I really only get angry when the stuff I love is being harmed or attacked or is crumbling away before my very eyes. I aim the scope at the company.

They're fsckin' sh¡t up, and they don't even know it, or somehow decide it's not gonna kill the profits, so it doesn't matter so much. And I express that in light of, or despite the knowledge of their consistently climbing bottom line. Money is importantof coursebut it's hardly the only thing that matters. Adobe, as a company, has obviously done a lot of things right, for a lot of years. That history is not to be forgotten.

But, FLANG BLAMMIT!!! ya poor dumb bastard bloated corporation...I love ya, but you're making things mighty difficult.

Shift the balance a little.

Lighten up on the marketing, and heavy up on listening to your devoted, long time customers.
==================================================================================

Whoopsy-Daisy!!! 😉 :)

My apologies for sailing off on a wide ranging rant where it doesn't really belong. When I realized what I did I thought maybe that I should've copy/pasted it to some faceless administrative employee at corporate HQ (and then deleted it from this thread), but it would have just fallen into a sucking black hole of corporate indifference. I expect the rest of you here who feel a similar vested concern will have good replies, and I look forward to reading them.

Your ol' Uncle Phos means well, but he gets carried away sometimes. As long as no kittens get stepped on, I'm pretty happy.

;)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They don't care.

a few minutes I tried to get in and I waited 5 minutes on three different post on this list and stared at the screen and the message in the status bar waiting for adobeforums.com....

then I went on to read some email message and boom lightning fast.

The need to Fire WebCrossing and recommend no one ever ever do business with them again.

They would do better with LunarPages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, there was a slowdown today. And the system was restarted at about noon pacific time (about 25 minutes ago). Things will run slow for the first 30 to 45 minutes after a restart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about before noon today? Or yesterday?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

J.C....

(I hope you know that I'm not directing this at you...)

It's not just about an occurrence today, or yesterday, or last week, or last month.

It's about an ongoing consistency problem.

Slashdot gets massive traffic. You agree with that, right?

I visit there every day, and sometimes as many as 20 times a day, at all times of the day and night, and have been visiting the site for at least 5 years.

I can only remember ONE time where their pages didn't load pretty much as fast as my connection will allow. I think they were doing a wholesale hardware changeover. Didn't take very long, either, then the entire site was back up and as speedy as always.

How can they manage that sort of consistency, that well and for that long, and Adobe can't?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before noon was the slowdown that I referred to that led to the restart at noon. I didn't experience any slowdowns yesterday. But I do believe that many people are.

I think I noted earlier (or in another thread) that the system is being updated (new servers).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope so they need to add 20-30 additional besides what the noramlly have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 30, 2008 Apr 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for a change from my usual complaining, I'd like to say that the forums are really zippy at the moment!

:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 01, 2008 May 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, during the last 5-6 days, my visits have been sporadic, and I didn't notice remarkable delays on those occassions. Right now, everything seems to be working about as fast as in the good old days. Let's hope it keeps this way...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't Brag too much. doing so is the kiss of death :-)
It is doing good this morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Superstitious are ya, Phil?

Have you heard the word of God?

May we come in and visit for a minute and share some brochures with you?

;)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please! Not here! I read another group that a bunch of people proselytize all the time.

The way life has gone from one bout of pain and misery to another from the time I was born. I've almost decided there is no such thing.

Religion is one thing we don't need on Adobe forums. Another is politics. :-(

I'm 59 years old and have had very little good luck to come my way. All I know if I brag too much about how good something is doing it turns to cr_p in the next 30 minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Religion is one thing we don't need on Adobe forums. Another is politics.

Well then. Have you heard the good news about Amway?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> All I know if I brag too much about how good something is doing it turns to cr_p in the next 30 minutes.

That mean that all the grumbling about the forums is actually reverse psychology to make them work better??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 02, 2008 May 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip,

Can I recommend Randy Newman's God's Song? I have a feeling you might
appreciate it.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 02, 2008 May 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

been running pretty good since john indicated he restarted...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines