• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slow, slow, slow (III) !

LEGEND ,
Mar 15, 2008 Mar 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thread with this name that was closed with no explanation did serve a useful purpose, so I am opening a new one to replace it.

Speed is back to normal now, and if there was a shutdown, I wasn't here to witness it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 574 Replies 574
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2008 Mar 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it turn out to be the Macromedia format. That won't be a problem because ever how slow you have it now will 20 times so with the MM format. I've used the MM groups for DreamWeaver. And what we have here with up to 10 minute waits looks like and feels like its 20 times faster than the MM format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's pretty bad now. Coincidentally, another web site that seems to be experiencing slowdowns at the same times is eBay. Other web sites are fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone who had the PS CS3 beta knows all about that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 30, 2008 Mar 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appart for a delay of a couple of seconds when entering these forums several minutes ago, speed seems to be back to normal now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 31, 2008 Mar 31, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally erratic again right now. Anything from over a minute to almost no time to open different pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

107sec to get to the forum page, 25sec to open this topic. :(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just shy of 3 seconds to fully load this thread from the C&A thread index page. (Comcast cable/Lancaster PA)

But a little earlier (45 minutes ago) I noticed a little sluggishness.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to be back no normal now. I must say I don't recall ever experiencing such a long period of unstabilities. And without any official comment or explanation....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> "Seems to be back no normal now."

Pretty dang funny Freudian typo!

:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same as john above. very slow (> 1 minute) to nearly instant, within the space of about 5 minutes. we're going into the second week of this behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Pretty dang funny Freudian typo!

...and the "n" key isn't even close to the "t". XD

Could it be that I was thinking that these unstabilities seem to be becoming the norm these days? A most asexual thought, I would say. :-)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Miserably slow right now. :(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spotty, but mostly fast here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't get it. Fast whenever I drop in. No slow-downs at all - of course there are hours at a time I don't try to get in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it is fast right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I have just been timed out twice when trying to get into this forum... This is becoming like a lottery.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But the above message was posted in almost no time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I heard the slowdowns were because they were switching over to the new format tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that would be very good news ... :-(

If it has taken them so many days of fiddling around, the future doesn't look very promissing to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>If it has taken them so many days of fiddling around, the future doesn't look very promissing to me.

Well it DOES take a lot of time converting all of this over to Coldfusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But John has told us repeatedly that we are NOT going to be converted to ColdFusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio and Ann,

Think for a second: it might already be April Fools Day wherever Graffiti is posting from. 😕 In any event, he's referring to tomorrow, April first.

Seems I hear a chain being yanked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 01, 2008 Apr 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ramón, April Fools Day is one of the few things we haven't imported from the USA ... yet. I always forget it even exists, although we have an equivalent on December 28.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somewhere between unusable and miserably slow.

FWI, the favicon in the address bar and the red buttons at the bottom of the page are taking forever to load even after the text is there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over here, and right now, it's erratic but not too bad. From nearly normal to some 10 seconds to fully load a page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines