• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spectator? what are the other rankings?

Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received an email saying that I was promoted to Spectator.  I know nothing of these rankings.  Is there a list for them somewhere? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Badges are awarded based on your level of forum participation. 

• You get points for posting questions.
  • You get points for correctly answering other people's questions.
  • You get points for hitting the LIKE button.
  • I think you even get points for spelling your name :-).

Staff Badges = Adobe Employees.

ACP and MVP badges = fellow users and product experts.

All other badges = regular forum members.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Badges are awarded based on your level of forum participation. 

• You get points for posting questions.
  • You get points for correctly answering other people's questions.
  • You get points for hitting the LIKE button.
  • I think you even get points for spelling your name :-).

Staff Badges = Adobe Employees.

ACP and MVP badges = fellow users and product experts.

All other badges = regular forum members.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nancy. That was very insightful. Very thorough.

B28C8443-9918-4639-B91C-71ABE69F0524.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a list for them somewhere? 

By @ByVanessaS.

Other than Adobe Staff, ACPs, and MVPs, no.

For some undisclosed reason a listing is currently unavailable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think there is a reason for concealing the ranking list ~ despite best intentions of badges and rankings, there may be some who spam the forum to achieve a specific rank.   Like Nancy mentioned, there are plenty of ways to add value to new users' rank.  There were some in the past who responded to every post/question with a request for software versions and system specs (even when the question was something like "How do I make a new photoshop layer?").

There are good milestones the author gets (which is why I usually click LIKE on well answered posts, even if they've already been marked "Correct")

Fortunately,  I don't think most are here for the ranking. It makes it that much more unexpected when it pops up! 😉

Vanessa - There ARE SOME FUN BADGES that you can earn (see your user profile). Some of those will have a specific number attached to them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello KoMaruyama!  

I just gave you a 'like' for reminding me to 'like' a post when I learn something.  👍 

Was wondering about all the 'badging', too.   Truth is, it has helped me to feel like I am a valid part of this Community, ... .  

Considering all the challenges of the past year, it is a nice, little bit of "feel good", and is appreciated.

But not as much as all the valuable contributions from Adobe Community Professionals - thank-you for being here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome 🙂

It's nice to be appreciated.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just received that email now, did you manage to get the answer to this Question because I would also love to know?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ongeziwe:

When you sign in to the Adobe Support Community, here, you will see your "profile" button in the top right corner.  In there, along with your community info, there is a "My profile" category.  That is where all your community participation and badging will show.  

Since you are "new here" there may be not too much, yet.  But go ahead and "like" someone's post - if you do like it and especially if it is helpful -  and you might get a badge for that.

Welcome to the Adobe Community!  BTW There are a lot of extremely knowledgeable and helpful Adobe Community Professionals who can help you whenever you have a question.  Their contributions to this Community are amazing and valuable.  As a resource, this Community has helped me out of so many jams and helped me to learn so much - I love it here!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Common5C0B:

When you sign in to the Adobe Support Community, here, you will see your "profile" button in the top right corner.  In there, along with your community info, there is a "My profile" category.  That is where all your community participation and badging will show.  

please see the reply above that I sent to Ongeziwe, ... 

Hope that helps.   It was awhile before I figured out the badging, too, but it is well-done.  So far, this is the best community ever and the Community Professionals who post here are AMAZING!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Common5C0B was a spammer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the heads-up/info.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @F.Quill 

Have you already noticed that the system has changed your rank from "Participant" to "Contributor" in the past few days?

😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hooray!...  Really, there is only a little bit in my wheel-house but I keep learning more each week ... thanks to all the pro's, here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines