• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

we're under attack!!

Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2012 Dec 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how or where do we report this? we have 5 pages of this post in the Illustrator forum

http://forums.adobe.com/community/illustrator/illustrator_general?view=discussions#/

underAttack.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 29, 2012 Dec 29, 2012

Carlos, there are two ways, that are complementary:

1. When you open one of those messages, go to the Actions sidebar, click on the Report Abuse button

abuse.JPG

and follow the easy instructions. As soon as a mod sees your report, that specific message will be deleted (as well as any similar ones the mod may notice at the time).

2. Open the profile of the author of the message, and copy his URL from the bar at the top of your browser:

report.JPG

Then go to the Spam report thread,

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1056334?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, there is nothing to apologize for. You are doing an outstanding job, and it's up to us users to thank you all for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The attacker reappeared in the Reader forum a couple of minutes ago. By the time I had reported this in the Spam thread, it had been removed. Now this is what I call efficiency.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spoke too soon. Messages are appearing again, at about one per minute. I would think this is being done automatically, not by hand, and therefore this is an unequal battle. Courage!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing. Away for a quarter of an hour, and the Reader forum is clean again. Congratulations, superb job!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The person concerned should now be blocked from the system. Fingers crossed, and thanks to Terri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fingers crossed, handkerchiefs knotted, salt over my shoulder, if you know of another one, I'll use it.

A big

THANK YOU

to Terry, Dave, and all those anonymous persons who worked so hard and so efficiently to clear up the mess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A big thank *you*, Claudio!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Terri,  there is nothing to thank me for, I have been a mere spectator...

That "Terry" was one of those typos one notices after posting. Which is why I have insisted on the convenience of adopting here the practice that is common in other forums I frequent: that a message is not really posted until -say- a couple of minutes after being sent, thus allowing to correct such errors without messing up times of posting etc that happen here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've crossed all fingers on both hands and toes as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 30, 2012 Dec 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The person concerned should now be blocked from the system. Fingers crossed,

what good is this?  Just create another  dummy user account and start spamming again?  It is not rocket science to create a user account.  It has all been done in the past and can still be done today.  The attack will start again in the the new year if you guys with the coveted title of MVP don't do your honorary jobs well.  Titles are given to get work done for free.

Happy New Year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know it sounds real old fashioned, but separate the Forums from the Adobe Server. Put them on a Secure Server and require a separate Username and Password for  users. Require an invitation, for current users that have been on for Years and Years,  simply move them over and ask them to create new Usernames and Passwords. Have everyone fill out name address, city, state, zip, phone, email address, Date of Birth and security questions.

Then resarch whether email and address is legit, before accepting.  Using a Secure Server can be set to reject all ouside post.

Netscape Used a Secure Server for years about 10 years and during that time the were only 4 instances of spam. And that was as result of someone forwarding something that had the Spam.  Each time it was dealt with.  If a Member started Spamming, they were banned forever, unless they have been hacked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 31, 2012 Dec 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not going to discuss site security in public for obvious reasons. This particular incident has been resolved and measures are in place to mitigate future events.

professional.pirate : Insulting other users or groups of users is not tolerated. Either clean up your attitude or your posts will be removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My very best wishes to all those anonymous persons who bravely fought an unequal fight against the massive attack, and won it. May the New Year bring you only the best.

And thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

professional.pirate wrote:

The person concerned should now be blocked from the system. Fingers crossed,

what good is this?  Just create another  dummy user account and start spamming again?  It is not rocket science to create a user account.  It has all been done in the past and can still be done today.  The attack will start again in the the new year if you guys with the coveted title of MVP don't do your honorary jobs well.  Titles are given to get work done for free.

Happy New Year.

What good is this? None, except for the little detail that the incredible massive attack that was crippling the forums was stopped.

The attack will start again unless MVPs do theit job well? Now that's a funny one. Do you think they were slow, or negligent, or careless? What are your brilliant ideas to make their jobs well? What were your brilliant contributions to stop the attack or clean the mess?

And a happy New Year to you as well. Only be careful not to bite your tongue; the venom might kill you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a quarter of an hour after midnight here, and it sounds as if we are under another kind of attack.

Happy New Year all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Happy new year!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines