• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I edit or delete a post in the forums after I make one?

Contributor ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I don't know where to ask this. This seems to be the only forum not tied to a product. 

Everytime I post in the forums, the ...More link to edit or delete is greyed out for me. (see pic) That box doesn't expand. How do I fix this? I'm logged in. It's the same on Safari or Brave. 

Screen Shot 2021-03-29 at 12.29.53.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Moved to Using the Community

To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/

The exact combination is a secret, but new users are not allowed to edit a message until they have 'proven' themselves as real, not spammers

Only employees may delete a message

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Using the Community

To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/

The exact combination is a secret, but new users are not allowed to edit a message until they have 'proven' themselves as real, not spammers

Only employees may delete a message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I made a few typos and wanted to correct them and was surprised I couldn't. I thought it might be a setting I couldn't find, but now I understand why. 

Cheers,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

spammers don't need to edit anything, but real users do! what's your logic?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ivan Zajats 

they try while trying to find ways to hide links in their messages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2023 Dec 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The exact combination is a secret" lol, we have mods and admins are acting like they are the masters of a secret club, and only they get to know never mind enforce the rules. The inability to delete or edit posts is bizarre and uncommon – if not unprecedented – on major forums. Adobe is way off the mark here, but good luck getting anyone to admit it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't sweat it - ask for an edit and you may be surprised. But there's no point in going on about in the forums - it's all user-to-user with occasional staff involvement. Nobody here has any control over the forum infrastructure or workings. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@vertovian 

to report bugs or ideas or wishes to adobe: for applicable apps, use https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/x-productkb/global/how-to-user-voice.html

for createive cloud assets:

bugs, https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-collaboration-experiences/ct-p/ct-adobe-collaboration-experienc...

requests, https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-collaboration-experiences/ct-p/ct-adobe-collaboration-experienc...

for others, use https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

if neither show a place to report the issue, just leave it here. that's the best you can do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want a post edited or deleted, post a link to it here with an expanation and a moderator may edit it for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a post with an image of an error report that has a personal e-mail in it.  Can the image be removed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@IrvW 

done

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

(Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse my brevity, and any spelling or auto-correct errors.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@IrvW 

anytime.  happy to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is so stupid..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, never seen that in a forum

I've posted 98 messages in 8 years still considered a newbie?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only employees may delete or edit a post in the forum. Why do you want to delete or edit? Milestoneapply.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only employees may delete or edit a post in the forum. 

[Personal information removed by moderator.]

By @Simavo Smith

Non-employee moderators may also edit a post or move it to a place where an employee can delete it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are talking about editing / deleting a post that a user created. Not delete or edit any post!

Typos, important info missing etc. lots of reason to edit a post. Delete when it's no longer relevant or you realize it was a dumb question. Keeps the clutter down in that case. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We all understand what is meant, but they are the rules. I have over 50000 posts and I cannot delete. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, that's insane that a person can't edit or delete their own post! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Treviso1996 

these are user-to-user forums.

for applicable apps, you can make (some) suggestions to adobe here, https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/x-productkb/global/how-to-user-voice.html

for others, use https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that, but there's still no reason we can edit or own posts. We used to be able to. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not for many years. And spammers are getting more and more devious, setting up accounts and posting a few messages to establish their reputation before coming in with the spam.  Blocking editing stops them from coming back later and modifying their old posts to add spam.Trolls can also use editing to make replies look stupid or malicious. I hate spam very much and feel it's a price worth paying. I can edit, but I don't know how many tens of thousands of messages it took to earn that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tens of thousands of posts?! Haha! I've only posted 28 times in 14 years!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Treviso1996 

you're probably asking questions.  some of us answer questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines