• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Disable Cloud Storage

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are we not given a simple fix to Adobe Cloud storage that we can opt in or opt out?  With all the money your company is making with subscription services your company should have the funds to make this easier for the rest of us to do and you forget why you are in business to meet your consumers needs.

I do not want my files stored remotely.  I have my own backups for my work.  I had stopped using Adobe years ago and the only reason I am a subscriber is for my higher-educational purposes only.  So now it is more ardous to delete files that I no longer need after completion of my courses.

It was a sad day when Adobe went to cloud applications from desktop apps. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

In the preferences of Acrobat disable the online storage.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2023 Jun 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you get to this screen please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2023 Jul 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!!  So frustrating.  I changed it in 3 different spots... in outlook settings (worked for a day then continued to do it

, this and the post below!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2023 Dec 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was helpful for cloud storage etc, my issue is that Outlook keeps trying to attach docs as links to cloud and I cant work out how to tell it to not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2022 Sep 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My my, aren't we arrogant.  If you HAD the solution, why not POST the solution, instead of reiterating your "beliefs" about things?

But you don't POST your solution until you berate a commenter?  I'm reporting you.  You need to rein in your ego, sir.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2022 Sep 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I responded to one commenter, but another person jumped in and labeled it "nonsense" out of the blue without all the facts. Sometimes I'm not in front of my computers to double-check the exact settings but I know they exist. Sometimes it is helpful just to know something can be done; then one can google it. Usually, I will try to post more details later when I'm back at my office unless it has been already posted. 

I noticed your account is new--welcome. Hopefully, I'll be able to post information that is more to your liking in the future.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mr Creamer. Is there a way to turn it off from Admin Console for our 200 users? We already have OneDrive and Dropbox and hard to manage files in multiple cloud locations especially for offboardings. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like it (I have never used the enterprise-level installer). 

I found this under the Online Features section of the manual (link previously posted in this discussion):

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please post the link again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The person who posted 'nonsense' was responding to your arrogance. It's irritating - your nonsense that is! Your tone makes it difficult to stay focused on problem solving when you want to scream bloody murder because some software engineers are creating a rat's nest probably because of the their attitude which is much like yours. So, I am surprised he just said nonsense and didn't go off on a rail berating you like I wanted him to. Like - you are an idiot with some technical knowlege. Too bad you have to spit on us before you will divulge your precious wisdom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2023 May 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your posts, Mr. Creamer. With the help of your posts, I was able to disable the automatic cloud sharing on my system. I just wanted to point out that while in two of the screen shots you posted it was obvious which of the categories you selected to bring up the options you highlighted, in the third graphic labeled "Maybe here" the "Adobe Online Services" category was not highlighted with a dark blue background but a light gray background and it took me a while to figure out the category where the highlighted option was. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2023 May 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, I will not question your expertise in Acrobat.  I just want to be able to find the place where I can stop my documents from uploading into the cloud.  

Also, I can't seem to be able to save a pdf socument in Adobe Acrobat DC.  

Please help!!~ I can't seem to find a straight answer from Adobe.online!

Extremely grateful for your help. 

Lou ♫ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2023 Jul 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me:  Go to MENU, scroll down and click on DISABLE NEW ACROBAT.

Viola!  I canceled my therapy session and anger management, as normalcy has returned to the kingdom.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2023 Aug 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope.  Doesn't do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creamer Training, instead of being socratic, arrogant and unhelpful, perhaps you could just tell us how to disable adobe cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is over a year old. Outdated by now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble with this too. I know this is frustrating. I don't know if this will help but I found this option and I am going to explore it. The changes I have made in my preferences panel don't seem to help. May be they are being over ridden by the options online?

veryimportantfish_0-1668268768489.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mr. Creamer, need a solution to users sharing files and having a copy of the file being placed into Adobe Acrobat cloud storage please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additional question...is the version of cloud storage associated with the version of Adobe Acrobat we use (Enterprise) FedRAMP certified?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to do this via the Admin Console for all users? I've been told possibly disabling the PDF services would work but can't find a concrete answer to that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can we keep Adobe Acrobat shared files from being stored in cloud? We cannot have files being stored in Adobe cloud storage due to government regulations and requirements. I have only seen registry change that removes the access to cloud storage from within Adobe Acrobat but that does not stop users from sharing Adobe Acrobat files (which places a copy of the file in Adobe Acrobat cloud storage).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under Edit\Preferences\Reviewing\Share for review using Adobe's cloud storage - I unchecked the box. Closed Acrobat and reopened Acrobat. Could still share a file and it made a copy in cloud storage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Made registry change that removes the option to access online storage from within Acrobat but that doesn't eliminate the ability for someone to share a file and have a copy of the file go into online storage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sort of desperately need a fix for this. Can't have CUI stored in Adobe cloud storage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resolution:

To disable access to cloud storage…

PATH: HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Policies\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\DC\FeatureLockdown\cServices

DWORD: bToggleDocumentCloud

Value: 1

To disable access to “Sharing” files and having a copy be saved in cloud storage…

PATH: HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Policies\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\DC\FeatureLockdown\cServices

DWORD: bToggleSendAndTrack

Value: 1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my experience with government agencies, the IT dept. can block access to various services. 

Don't know if this can help (a little over my head), but here is some info:

https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/AdminGuide/endpoints.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines