• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

is there a way to insert a clickable interactive pdf form into powerpoint?

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a bulleted list in PowerPoint that I would like to animate with clickable check marks. There doesn't seem to be an easy way to do this in PPT, so I wondered if I could turn my bullet list into an Acrobat pdf form and insert into my presentation. Any thoughts?

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 15, 2017 Jul 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To insert a PDF into PowerPoint see Insert PDF file content into a PowerPoint presentation. I am not sure you can have an interactive PDF work like you would like.

Animate a Table

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 16, 2017 Jul 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are doing this on a PC, you can do this with Animations and Trigger where the marks can appear in any order and disappear when clicking on an object (say, a square you've created underlying where the check mark is to go) in any order. PPT for Mac doesn't have that Trigger feature, so you can't use clicking objects to trigger a particular animation. But, it your check marks are always going to be appearing in order -- say, top to bottom -- the Mac PPT animations can do this easy enough.

If you're doing this on a PC, let me know and I can describe further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rsbia,

I appreciate the response! I am using a Mac, PowerPoint version Office 365.

The client has provided a list of text formatted as an outline. He wants to tick off each line of text, (i.e., I, a, etc.) with a "check" as he discusses them during his talk. I don't use animations much in my job because the projects we work on cannot be too advanced (Fed Government). I was surprised that I couldn't easily find a way to do this. I understand that PPT 16 has more functionality. And unfortunately, the Mac version is different than PC further complicating things!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good. Having check marks appear in sequential order while the presenter talks will be easy. I don't have Mac Office 365. But, the concept will be the same.

• Create bulleted list
  • Turn off the bullets so that only the lines of text remain
  • Draw a square (or not, if you don't want a checkbox)
  • Download and insert a check mark picture above each check box
  • Open the Toolbox panel and select Custom Animation button (action Star icon)
  • Select your first check mark picture and in Custom Animation, click the green star and select "Appear"
  • Repeat for the remainder check marks

When User gets to this slide, PowerPoint will execute each animated check mark individually and sequentially as the presenter clicks through the presentation. After the last check mark appears, the subsequent click will advance to the next slide.

Screen Shot 2017-07-17 at 6.19.57 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines