• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New message: "There are unapplied redactions in this file" (either continue or "Apply"

Engaged ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am guessing this file contains unsaved redactions after Acrobatc crashed recently (not sure). i don't want to lose my redactions. If I continue to edit, the message persists. Is there a way to make it go away (turn it off)? Or just "apply"? (I did that, and I lost only two redactions, so pehraps all is well.)

Never had this occur before. 

Tx

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback here.

This message is shown when you have redaction marks in your file which are not applied yet,once you apply, then redactions are created and message goes away. 

You can read more about this here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/what-s-new-in-the-redaction-tool-with-the-latest-acrobat-update/td-p/11133274?page=1

Do let me know if you need help here.

Thanks,

Charu Karwa

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you get the message, they aren’t redactions, and aren’t safe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hard to imagine. It's a scan of a chapter that I made myself, have been using for a few years, annotating myself, not shared. The behavior is unique to this file.

The file did give me a strange error in the past that may be related: it reminded me that if I made an annotation and then searched for a word, I was asked if I wanted to save the change before searching since the search might not show the full results (minus the changes, I guess). No other file of mine did that.

Granted, nothing is impossible. But I don't think this is infected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this, but it was clearly wrong advice. I wish people on these and other boards would offer advice either as sure knowledge (when it is) or as qualified hypotheses (when no knowledge is there). Alarmist responses do more harm than good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback here.

This message is shown when you have redaction marks in your file which are not applied yet,once you apply, then redactions are created and message goes away. 

You can read more about this here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/what-s-new-in-the-redaction-tool-with-the-latest-acrobat-upda...

Do let me know if you need help here.

Thanks,

Charu Karwa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, that explains why I never saw it before. Thanks very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But how can we disable this ribbon? I KNOW I have unapplied redactions. And I can spent weeks working on a single file and really don't want a button that won't go away that could casue me to accidentally apply redactions when I am not ready.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Sorry for the trouble and the experience.

I have sent a private message to you with more details. Please check.

Regards

Charu Karwa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need an answer to this too please. I need this ribbon disabled, I too can spend weeks working on a single file and do not want this ribbon sitting on top of a document that can cause accidental application of my redactions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Regards,

Charu Karwa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, were you able to get an answer for how to disable the ribbon? I just upgraded to the newest Adobe DC software and I too need to work on redactions for awhile before I'm ready to apply them and the notification is really distracting. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Regards,

Charu Karwa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this problem, how can I disable the ribbon but keep the redactions? help would be very appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also need to get rid of this annoying ribbon in the new version. I know I have redactions, I know how redactions work. Why would you take 5% of my available screen space to tell me something I already know and not provide an option to disable it. I swear Adobe makes each version more and more frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, were you able to get an answer for how to disable the ribbon? I just upgraded to the newest Adobe DC software and I too need to work on redactions for awhile before I'm ready to apply them and the notification is really distracting. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Regards,

Charu Karwa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the message "There are unapplied redactions in this file" on a pdf that I downloaded from a reputable document repository (it's an out-of-print book). I have never used the redaction tool, and I don't want to redact anything from this pdf. How can I find the "unapplied redactions" in the pdf and undo them? I'm reluctant simply to hit the "Apply" button for fear that I'll lose my highlighting and bookmarks. Your advice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Lising below the steps to delete the unmarked redactions:

1. Open the file

2. Open the Comment App (from Right Hand Pane)

3. In Right Hand Pane of comment app, you will see list of annots

4. You need to delete one's listed as Redact 

(use filters on top to shorten your list)

I hope this helped. 

Thanks,

Charu Karwa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was extremely helpful and allowed me to get rid of the one "unapplied redaction" that Adobe nonsensically identified as a "redaction", which was not sensitive information in any way, and I didn't want it "redacted."  This whole business of "unapplied redactions" simply baffled me and wasted hours my time trying to figure it out.  I had never seen this before until "unapplied redactions" mysteriously appeared on a document I was trying to file with the Supreme Court of California, and it prevented my making a correct, timely filing.  I would very much like to know how I can avoid the messsage of "unapplied redactions" every coming my way again in the future.  It was horrible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I actually make the file forget all "unapplied redactions".

There the is a blue "apply" button. But there is no "cancel/forget" button.

To try to deal with it, I closed the file and merged it with another, but even in the new binder the "unapplied redactions" persist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Charu,

I just opened a very large pdf file I was redacting yesterday.  I have the "unnapplied redactions" blue ribbon at the top.  I've clicked Appy, and have saved it, but the message is still there.  The last several redactions I did have the border around them, as if they haven't been applied.   Please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes you are correct, there must be few unapplied redaction in your file which is leading to this message being shown. 

I hope you followed the steps to apply and saved the file successfully? Even after doing so if you face issue, then can you please share one such test file where you see this happening (if its not confidential). Also share your app version and OS details.

Thanks,

Charu Karwa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Charu,

could you please let me know how to disable the new ribbon with Apply button for Redaction in Adobe 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Regards,

Charu Karwa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having an issue that I haven't read.  My "APPLY" button is greyed out. Therefore, I continue to get the "you have unapplied redactions" error message.  I have found a workaround by Printing to PDF but I want to know why it will not let me APPLY my work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines