Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe billing error after cancelling auto renewal

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2019 Jan 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I purchased Adobe Acrobat DC about 4 months ago and then decided to cancel the auto-renewal ("auto-charge") option. After that, the software is showing me an error message every time I open it.

The message reads: "There was a billing error, please update your billing information to avoid losing access to Acrobat DC. There was a problem with your payment. Click 'Resolve at Adobe.com' to update your payment information in Adobe Account Management using your Adobe ID **********. You will lose access to Acrobat DC on August 24, 2019" (that's 7 months from today, but the message has been ongoing for over a month now).

The thing is: I voluntarily removed the auto-renewal and it's therefore not an error, but my option as a Client to decide whether I want to renew or not. I don't want my license to take those additional 10 seconds to pull that error message every time I open a PDF! It's not right to hold paid software's usability hostage in exchange for sticking with undesired auto-renewal.

Could anyone please let me know how to make this "billing error" message to stop showing up?

Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never heard of anyone who managed to cancel Auto Renewal before. It is part of the terms. But maybe it is a new choice from Adobe. How exactly did you turn it off?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was able to remove the auto-renewal option from the "Plan Management" section. This means that I won't have to pay $180/year every year unless I choose to do so. But it seems they don't like users from pulling out and if you do so, they will make you wait +/- 5 to 10 seconds every time Acrobat opens, to tell you that there is no card registered. I find this practice abusive and absolutely unethical, as it is a way to bully customers into leaving their credit card details (as many will forget to remove it and will be involuntarily charged once their license expires).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines