• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Malayalam font showing special characters like boxes

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Malayalam font showing special character as boxes and questionmarks..... in android phone
  2. This issue ia not there while opening with other pdf reader apps...

Issue.botices aince 2 days....after my android was updated to latest version

Jibu

Screenshot_20210606-082846_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20210606-082950_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I hope you are doing well. I am sorry for the delayed response.

Are you still facing the issue? If yes, please try updating the Android to the latest version and the application too.

Thanks,

Souvik.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what application you are using to create the pdf file. Does the program  support malayalam unicode fonts? Even If it support malayalam, keep in mind that the Adobe is not designed to deal malayalam fonts. we may have to compromize with it's limitaions.  How to overcome this or create the pdf ? try to print the file in xps format (it is a type of file or extension). Do [ctrl+p > it will list you printers installed on your pc; but don't choose the regular printer you are using to print in a4 /legal paper ; instead of that select microsoft xps from the printer list) the print. This will ask you to show the location. you save it anywhere you like.  then right click on the file and  convert the file as PDF. (you need to have Acrobat (not acrobat reader) installed on your pc). If you don't have Acrobat, try with any online xps to pdf converter. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@SHIHAB FACE DTP Hi,

If the fonts are not supported in the mobile application, you can use them directly on the desktop. You will not need to convert it to any other format. You can use the Adobe PDF printer to create a new PDF file if you need to re-create.

You can install the font families. using creative cloud for better working experience. Please refer to the below link to install font packages: Swathanthra Malayalam Computing | Adobe Fonts

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Souvik.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having same issue with Adobe only. With other pdf viewers like Samsung note, Google drive, and Microsoft Office it works alright. Updating etc does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Vijayakumar258009871aei Hi,

Sorry for the trouble. 

Would you mind sharing a sample file with me to try and reproduce the issue on my end?

Thanks,

Souvik.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2024 Feb 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also faced this same problem, and have resolved it by uploading the same file into Google drive. There it shows correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2024 Apr 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just turn off or uninstall adob extention from Google  Chrome. It will work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2024 May 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @firoztk,

Thanks for writing in! 

As asked earlier, would you mind sharing a sample file where you experienced the issue for better investigation and assistance?

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2024 Jun 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@S S. 

I'm also facing this same issue. I have overcame this by converting the PDF to PNG for printing. If you are interested in solving this, I can share with you a sample of the document with the error privately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2024 Jun 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jyothish32490804zwcj,

Thanks! That would be great. 

Would you mind sharing the file along with a screen recording video of how you were able to fix the issue?

I would love to have a look at it and also forward the same to the dev team.

Sharing it over private message works just fine.

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2024 Jun 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buenos días,
No he podido solucionar el problema, sigo sin poder entrar a la suscripción
Saludos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @S S. 

I faced this issue in Epson Iprint app and reported to them. If you can give me an email, i can forward it to that. Otherwise don't mind me. I'm not sure if this is specifically tied to Adobe or not. I'm using open source products for now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Funny that in private message there is no way to share a problematic PDF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2024 Jun 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jyothish32490804zwcj 

You can share by using the blue "browse " button to locate and attach your file.

If not, you can upload the file to any cloud, generate a shareable link, and share the link here.

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really Appreciate you solution firoztk. Was really pissed of since I was badly required the tax receipt print in proper format. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2024 Jun 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Didn't need to convert the file. I was facing the same issue today. I changed the default PDF app on phone to Google Drive and opened the PDF. Send to printer from phone. No Issues. Using WhatsApp Web I tried downloading the receipt  to PC as well. No problems there either. 

Just use Google drive to see the receipt on your phone and print from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines