• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

API Adobe PDF Extract text JSON missed results on a simple pdf

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a simple PDF file that has basic words on the corners, 4 per corner, 2 pages. Total results should be 8, but I am getting only 5 elements when examining the output JSON file. 

How is this API missing such a simple test case?

If it can't extract information accurately from a basic example, how much confidence can I have for much larger more complex PDF's?

Should have: top left, top right, bottom left, bottom right, top left 2, top right 2, bottom left 2, bottom right 2.

jason27819072sr0h_0-1672947140854.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, it'd probably do a better job on a more complex PDF. It's been trained to look at the layout and categorize page elements. This simple layout is confusing to it. I think the text at the bottom is being recognized as a footer so it's being ignored by the AI. That said, I've alerted our team and sent them a link to this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks but I'm not impressed, especially if I need to use the adobe API token which is not entirely free.

For those who need an alternate, get PDF2JSON api, which is free to use unlimited, and can pass the most basic test case I provided. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources