• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

UX: Option to start in Workspace directly

Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2023 Oct 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Current, opening up Firefly in a browser starts at the top level, and selecting one of the models takes you to a gallery start page. Please enable an account-level option to skip the gallery and go straight to the workspace.

This allows experienced users to set up their parameters without first creating a prompt. This saves time and a few steps.

Going straight to the workspace without any generated images also reduces compute overhead and load, and saves some account credits.

------------------------------------------------------------
Never let your tools get in the way of your art!
Idea No status
TOPICS
Desktop , Imaging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 20, 2024 Jan 20, 2024

This is a common request, and I hope Adobe moves to a more full-featured landing page.  Until then, there is a non-perfect work around which is to click on one of the images on the start page and instead of clicking "refresh" to generate that image, clear the styles, aspect ratio, and prompt and put in what you want. You will be starting with the seed from that image which might or might not have a negative impact, but you save the "wasted" gen credit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Nov 08, 2023 Nov 08, 2023

Workaround: Select an image from the main gallery. From there, you can select styles and enter your prompt. 😄 I 100% forgot who shared that with me but Kudos to them! 

Votes

Translate

Translate
38 Comments
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently, when going to the Firefly site you have to enter and run a prompt before you can get access to the advanced settings (like changing aspect ratio, photo/art style, or using the "Don't Include" feature). Especially when the "credits" thing starts, it would be best to have access to the full lineup of prompt settings and controls before actually running any prompts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can definitely relate, it is also a challenge for me to create without spending initial credits just to tweak the advanced settings.

Creative Community Leader / Educator - Empowering fellow educators with creativity and innovation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2023 Oct 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes totally agree!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In fact, if it could appear as a floating panel, always accessible that would be magical

Best

mj

Institute of Media, Strategy & Design

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be so helpful if there is image settings bar,( realistic or orientation or other settings now showing up after typing the prompt.The issue is that after typing prompt, without giving proper settings, the engine starts generating image. It the settings shows up on the first screen itself, ie the prompt screen, it would help the users and would reduce the extra traffic to adobe servers too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Syamkumar290046602vzc ,

Great point. I fully agree.

Perhaps a panel or toolbox in future releases.

Best

mj

iMSD

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find a way to get into the text to image options without first generating a prompt. For example, if I know I will want 16x9, even if I include that in my prompt, I will first have to submit my prompt and get 4 square results, which wastes my credits. I should be able to either include 16x9 in my promp and have it understand it, or an option to start blank and set my options on the right, then type my prompt and hit generate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2023 Nov 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Scott Livingston ,

I fully concur.

Controls come up AFTER the first gen.

Adobe, if we could have these controls from the get-go please?

Best

mj

iMSD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2023 Nov 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Workaround: Select an image from the main gallery. From there, you can select styles and enter your prompt. 😄 I 100% forgot who shared that with me but Kudos to them! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, this totes works!

Tx @CMass for the workaround

mj

iMSD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2023 Nov 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is indeed a workaround, but it's not ideal (and not obvious). Perhaps people with CC accounts can have a setting that takes them straight to the workspace without stopping by the gallery first? This should be the same for all of the models - a less "sugary" starting experience for those who want to get straight to work on a known project.

I think a more streamlined experience will play better for experienced/advanced users that don't need to go through suggestions would be great for professionals. Keep the current scheme for more casual users, and as an option to return to for inspiration - what we see now is amazing for getting ideas, but many of us don't want to be distracted 🙂

------------------------------------------------------------
Never let your tools get in the way of your art!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@The Scott Valentine it is a workaround for now. The idea has been shared with the product team. 😉 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2023 Dec 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Is it possible to open the "Text to image" interface before writing a prompt? Normally, to create an image I write the prompt in the text field of the main Firefly webpage or the gallery images and click the "Generate" button to go to the "Text image" interface. I think that is not efficient because after opening the "Text image" interface I have to change the Aspect ratio, Visual intensity, Styles, etc, and then click the "Generate" button again. That consumes twice the credits. Another option is to open an example image and modify the prompt and opinions. This option is even less efficient (I know, there are cases where it can be good to learn how to use Firefly).

When I want to create a new document in Photoshop, Illustrator, etc, I can create a new white and clear document, is that possible in Firefly?

Thanks.

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Jan 18, 2024 Jan 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Whenever I start Firefly, it starts out with a nice new layout, but there are no options to set your render results to 16:9.  If you type something into the prompt area to get things started, you'll get 4 nice renders in 1:1 aspect ratio, and only the, do you see the option to go to 16:9... with only 100 credits given each month, I don't want to burn credits rendering out a 1:1 format..... so how do all of you get around this ?

Thanks for any help, much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way I know to work around is to click on one of the images on the start page and instead of clicking "refresh" to generate that image, clear the styles, aspect ratio, and prompt and put in what you want. You will be starting with the seed from that image which might or might not have a negative impact, but you save the "wasted" gen credit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhhh awesome !! Thank you !  Great TRICK !!   

Thank you for your  time !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2024 Jan 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://firefly.adobe.com/generate/images
Trying to reach the "generate/images" subpage linked above redirects to https://firefly.adobe.com/inspire/images

Fine, if you're only generating square images. But if you want to use another aspect ratio, you're forced to first generate them as squares from the "inspire" page.

Please make it so we can go straight to https://firefly.adobe.com/generate/images

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a non-perfect work around which is to click on one of the images on the start page and instead of clicking "refresh" to generate that image, clear the styles, aspect ratio, and prompt and put in what you want. You will be starting with the seed from that image which might or might not have a negative impact, but you save the "wasted" gen credit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's a great idea, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys.

When I open https://firefly.adobe.com/generate/images and I want to create an image, I only have the text prompt to work with. No additional settings until I submit the prompt, and only then can I access the settings I need.

This means I use up tokens, to generate an image that I already know won't fit the style, aspect ratio or none of the other qualities I already have envisioned for the image.

Can these additional settings be added to the "landing page" (initial image generation page), I would think just a round button within the prompt input, providing a popup dialog with options,  when clicked? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2024 Jan 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a common request, and I hope Adobe moves to a more full-featured landing page.  Until then, there is a non-perfect work around which is to click on one of the images on the start page and instead of clicking "refresh" to generate that image, clear the styles, aspect ratio, and prompt and put in what you want. You will be starting with the seed from that image which might or might not have a negative impact, but you save the "wasted" gen credit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2024 Jan 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beautiful workaround!!! 👏🏻

Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2024 Jan 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that you are starting to consume generative credits, I wish I could change the settings for my desired output image (eg size, styles, etc) BEFORE I have to click Text to Image Generate for the first time. 100% of the time the first click of Generate does not produce the desired result, and I would like to provide more parameters before clicking Generate and wasting time/generative credits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2024 Jan 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using text to image, it seems that users have no choice but to type the prompt alone, without having access yet to the effects, aspect ratio, image type, etc. It will be really convenient if those filters can already be accessed before typing in the first prompt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2024 Jan 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I support this.

The home screen can be customized with my previous gens and a gallery if the team so wish.

A good takeaway is the welcome screens in the desktop tools.

Emulating that would be perfect.

Happy making

mj

iMSD

Votes

Translate

Translate