• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Burned in closed captions can't be shut off in Adobe Media Encoder

Contributor ,
May 02, 2024 May 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone know why, when exporting from Premiere Pro 24.3.0 to AME 24.3, with "import sequences natively" switched off, AME keeps burning in closed captions? If I switch "import sequences natively" back on, everything works fine, or if I export directly from Premiere, things work fine. I was needing to fix another bug with embedded sequences not rendering properly when natively imported to AME, so I changed the settings, only to find that I could not stop AME from burning in closed captions.

Any help would be great. I've been doing workarounds for some time now.

Thanks

Premiere Pro 24.3.0

Windows 10

intel 13900K

64GB RAM

RTX4090 551.61

Bug Unresolved

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
5 Comments
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2024 May 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm... that sounds frustrating.

If the captions have been upgraded to Graphics (Graphics and Titles > Upgrade Captions to Graphics), the Graphics will have to be disabled (Clip > Enable) or the Video Track hidden.

If the captions are in a Caption Track, what are you seeing for the Export Options under the Captions tab in Adobe Media Encoder?

Pictured:  Adobe Media Encoder 2024 Export Settings dialog box with the Export Options pop-up menu options displayed under Captions for QuickTime file format from a Sequence with the Caption Track set to CEA-608 CC1.Pictured: Adobe Media Encoder 2024 Export Settings dialog box with the Export Options pop-up menu options displayed under Captions for QuickTime file format from a Sequence with the Caption Track set to CEA-608 CC1.

Are you able to choose something other than "Burn Captions into Video"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 03, 2024 May 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@thxapproved2,

Before I try to replicate, some questions...

Are you seeing the captions burned in when you export the file back into PR?

What kind of closed captions? 608, 708, both, something else?

Are you selecting the embed option when this happens?

Does this happen if you disable the captions in the caption track?

@eckiAMETeam Has this been reported in 24.3 by anyone else? I don't recall it.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
May 21, 2024 May 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Warren HeatonThis is a brand new project with 708 (mcc) captions. Normally it exports just fine. However, because of another issue in AME with nested sequences glitching during render, I tried exporting with "import sequences natively" switched off. The render was fine, but the closed captions were burnt-in.  When I exported from PPRO directly. The captions exported correctly (one MXF with embedded 608+708 captions and an MP4 with SCC sidecar) It is only during render with AME with "import sequences natively" switched off. In AME, you can go in and re-fiddle with the caption settings and it makes no difference. The result is an MXF with embedded and burned-in captions.

So, I'm using the same settings as always, which work for my broadcast workflow. The only reason I noticed this (and I had noticed it before, but just had a workaround) was because I was trying the "import sequences natively" off to get a good render outside of PPRO. Instead, I had to render inside PPRO to get it to work.

Hope that helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Stan JonesHi. See post to Warren, please. To answer your unaddressed question, if I disable the caption track, I get no captions exported at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@thxapproved2,

I'll try to replicate.

Stan

Votes