• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My 2020 updated AME is stuck at the connecting to dynamic link server

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AME isn't working for me at all. I have tried uninstalling and installing it again updated it to the latest version but still, it just keeps connecting to Dynamic Link Server for anonymous time. Is there any solution apart from updating, I am importing an AE project file.

TOPICS
Crash , Dynamic link , Export or render , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Ok, I found your answer over on the After Effects forums. This is a known issue that a lot of other users have been noticing, as well. Since I'm unable to copy/paste @RameezKhan's announement, I'll just share a screenshot and provide the links.

Unable to Render/Export After Effects Comps via Media EncoderUnable to Render/Export After Effects Comps via Media Encoder

After Effects Forum Announcement #2

FAQ: Dynamic Link between After Effects and Media Encoder Doesn't Work. Next Steps?

Original Discussion

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RazorPredator,

When you updated AME, did you also update After Effects, as well? Oftentimes I find things run smoother when I update the apps at the same time, or at least keep them on the same version that they were released together. On a similar note, specifically which version of Media Encoder and After Effects do you have installed (including the decimal point)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE : 17.0.6 (Build 35)

AME : 14.1 (Build 155)

these are latest version of both the Softwares 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After responding to this, I'm seeing a lot of other similar posts to yours very recently. Stay tuned...I'm browsing the other posts to see what solutions they may have come up with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any solution so far? I have changed from graphic drivers from Nvidia studio to Nvidia gaming drivers the latest version the issues still persist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I never got back with you.

• Can you test another simplified .aep compostion to rule out that it's not just something in that particular comp?
  • How are you queing your composition in Media Encoder? Are you doing it through After Effect's Composition menu option "Add to Adobe Media Encoder Queue...? Or are you importing your After Effects project in Media Encoder? What happens if you try whichever method that you're not doing?

Ideally, I'd like to solve the problem with your current software versions. However, I will point out that other users had similar problems and solved it by rolling back to an older version, but that version has to be one of the 2020 versions. https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-media-encoder/dynamic-link-components-not-installed/td-p/107250...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I found your answer over on the After Effects forums. This is a known issue that a lot of other users have been noticing, as well. Since I'm unable to copy/paste @RameezKhan's announement, I'll just share a screenshot and provide the links.

Unable to Render/Export After Effects Comps via Media EncoderUnable to Render/Export After Effects Comps via Media Encoder

After Effects Forum Announcement #2

FAQ: Dynamic Link between After Effects and Media Encoder Doesn't Work. Next Steps?

Original Discussion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I came across this issue all of a sudden as well. I was rendering a video just fine and then the software just stopped and I could no longer connect to my project, nor any other project either. I tried exporting through AE and Opening in AME I also tried the drag and drop, none of which worked. Simple solution was to uninstall and reinstall AME and AE. Fixed the problem immediately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2023 Jun 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i merged all the compositions in one, and it worked !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines