Highlighted

GEPJ error?

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I came across this error when I was opening an After Effects file my co-worker made.  It gave me this error for all the photos in the project.

We're both using version 14.0.1.5

Has anyone ever seen this error?  JPEG backwards?

Screen Shot 2017-03-01 at 8.47.19 AM.png

Thanks!

UPDATE: I just now figured out how to fix it (it was a permissions issue since we're using a SAN), but I was still curious if anyone had seen this GEPJ error.  Weird.

For anyone who encounters this error in the future:

The solution is ensure that your JPEGS are in RGB, having CMYK will force this error when trying to import into AE

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

GEPJ error?

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I came across this error when I was opening an After Effects file my co-worker made.  It gave me this error for all the photos in the project.

We're both using version 14.0.1.5

Has anyone ever seen this error?  JPEG backwards?

Screen Shot 2017-03-01 at 8.47.19 AM.png

Thanks!

UPDATE: I just now figured out how to fix it (it was a permissions issue since we're using a SAN), but I was still curious if anyone had seen this GEPJ error.  Weird.

The solution is ensure that your JPEGS are in RGB, having CMYK will force this error when trying to import into AE

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 01, 2017 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Presumably some odd programmer's humour. No idea what it could be an acronym for, but it might be interesting to find out. Otherwise it could be a parsing error of course.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 01, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All part of the great new direction Adobe products are moving in.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 02, 2017 0
Participant ,
Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 21, 2017 2
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, for me this was CMYK issue. I mean seriously, it was photoshop I was saving the images in, so how Adobe can't get a more helpful error message or even convert the colour space automatically is beyond me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what if you're getting this error on an RGB jpeg? Nothing I do will change this. Is it down the the resolution of the image? I've tried copying the content into a new PSD document, and re-saving as a jpeg. Nothing I do works? Any advice?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 08, 2019 0