• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Option to turn off loading the New Project template when starting After Effects

Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Though I love the idea of having a template load up when I create a new project (Preferences > New Project), its current implementation makes it kind of unusable. 

The issue is that whenever I load up AE, it also loads up the New Project template and 99% of the time, I don't want to start a new project, I want to pick up where I left off on my current working project. All it's doing is slowing down AE's load time and forcing me to close out a project I never wanted in the first place.

If I turn on the Home Screen option (Preferences > Startup Options > Enable Home Screen), that overrides the New Project setting but I don't want that either as it's just another screen that I never wanted in the first place to close out of. So the current workaround is to just turn it off altogether as it's that annoying. So I've basically been annoyed out of using a function that would otherwise be quite useful.

The ideal functionality would be to load the New Project template only when I explicitly tell AE to do so i.e. File > New > New Project. Do not assume I want a new project just because I started AE. 

I feel like this was an oversight on Adobe's part and should be a fairly simple fix or if this is intended behavior then at least add a tick box as I've suggested in the attachment to at least give us the option to turn off this behaviour.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
UI and UX

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 Comment
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2024 Mar 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you tried option + shift + command + p, macOS, or alt + shift +  control + p, Windows, for File > Open Recent > ...?

As long as no edits have been made in the current project (even if it's a New Project), you should pick up right where you left off.

Votes

Translate

Translate