• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I purchase an adobe font to fix font replacement in a responsive project

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I'm a pretty new 2019 Captivate user. This is my first responsive project and my second project overall. I don't believe I had the font replacement issue in my first project, but definitely have it in my responsive project. I am wondering, if I purchase a fonts in adobe, will that make it so they appear to my end users regardless of whether they have the fonts installed on their computers or not.

Please let me know if my question makes sense, or if I can provide more clarity. 

Thank you for taking the time to read my question.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Really... I thought nowadays only YouTube was found by new Capivate users 🙂

You have the CC application open, check it. In that application you find the option Manage Fonts:

CC_Fonts.PNG

Click that option and you'll be able to find fonts. You can also navigate immediately to https://adobe.fonts.com  Be sure to log in with your Adobe ID (same as for Captivate). You can search for fonts and activate them. 

The domain is indicated in the publishing dialog box:

PublishFonts.PNG

Since I have a CC license, my fonts license

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are entitled to a number of Adobe fonts, included with your Captivate license. Beware: with that license you can indicate only one domain for using those fonts. I am not sure about the amount of fonts, think it is 10. How many fonts do you need?

Why you do need them especially for responsive project is clear: those fonts are always rendered on runtime. For non-responsive projects that is only the case for dynamic text, static text is converted to images which means you can use any font on your system.

Maybe this blog post will clarify more:

https://blog.lilybiri.com/fonts-in-captivate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much! I was lucky enough to find your blog post earlier (it was incredibly helpful). It is what gave me the idea to use Adobe purchased fonts. You mentioned in your response that I can get a number of Adobe fonts with my Captivate license. Do you by any chance know how to access them? 

When you say 1 domain, do you mean where the course is hosted?

I apologize for my novice questions. I'm still getting my head straight about everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Really... I thought nowadays only YouTube was found by new Capivate users 🙂

You have the CC application open, check it. In that application you find the option Manage Fonts:

CC_Fonts.PNG

Click that option and you'll be able to find fonts. You can also navigate immediately to https://adobe.fonts.com  Be sure to log in with your Adobe ID (same as for Captivate). You can search for fonts and activate them. 

The domain is indicated in the publishing dialog box:

PublishFonts.PNG

Since I have a CC license, my fonts license entitles me to more fonts and multiple domains. One of the domains I would add is localhost. That domain is used when Previewing the project locally. But you'd better use the domain where the course will be deployed (I added my domain, you see that a wildcard is possible).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources