• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Creative Cloud error 202 & Lightroom BSOD

Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since appr. Febr 25th I have issues with Adobe Creative Cloud en Lightroom.

Adobe Creative Cloud says there is an update, but updates keep failing with error 202.

I also can't use Lightroom. It gives me constant blue screens. Because the issues started at the same time, I assume that these are related?

I used Google to find a solution for Adobe Creative Cloud. Found a lot of suggestions, but none worked. I ended up trying to uninstall and reinstall. Uninstall was succesful, but now I am not able to reinstall. Again because of error 202.

Lightroom BSOD can even happen when just having this opened and doing nothing. The crashump says it is related to the Nvidia-driver. I already reinstalled these, did a memory check, etc., but none of these resolved the issue.

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M

Drive or module in which error occured: nvlddmkm.sys

So now I am without Adobe Creative Cloud and Lightroom.

Someone who has some good ideas to get both working again?

Are these issues indeed related at all?

I have a crashdumpfile (after BSOD), ACC.log, CEF.log, DLM.log, PDApp.log and a WAM.log.

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 5 Correct answers

Explorer , Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

I solved it. 

And the solution was really, and I mean really, easy.

So the installation of Adobe Creative Cloud desktop-app leaves logfiles which seemed usefull.

As mentioned above, the ACC.log showed that the installer was downloading and extracting files. The extracting of OneUp.zip failed and left an error 202 in the logfile.

So if extracting failed, how nice would it be to have an offline installer?

Guess what, I found that over here: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

@Andy287202927lbp 

are none of the "alternative download links" at the bottom of the page at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

current?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 25, 2023 Jun 25, 2023

i'm not showing 5.11 is available.  i'm showing 5.10.0.573 is the latest.

(i realize different users can show different updates are available at different times, so that complicates things.)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 25, 2023 Jun 25, 2023

@Andy287202927lbp 

there may be an update for your region and not mine (western usa).  try resetting your cc app and see if that helps resolve the issue.  reset the cc desktop app by making sure it's in the foreground, then press:

Win: Ctrl + Alt + R
Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 01, 2023 Jul 01, 2023

@Andy287202927lbp 

sounds cumbersome, but manageable.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the STUDIO driver, or the Gaming driver?

nVidia Driver Downloads https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
-for all Adobe programs use the STUDIO driver, not the GAMING driver
-To achieve the highest level of reliability, Studio Drivers undergo extensive
-testing against multi-app creator workflows and multiple revisions of the top
-creative applications from Adobe to Autodesk and beyond

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a Dell Inspiron 15 7000-series which had these (gaming)drivers pre-installed, and worked for years without issues.

I haven't seen this being suggested before. But unfortunately on the downloadpage: "No certified downloads were found for this configuration." (GeForce MX 100 Series (Notebook), GeForce MX150, Windows 11)

Thanks anyway for your suggestion. It was worth a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you think the problem on your computer is streset the cc desktop app by making sure it's in the foreground, then press:

Win: Ctrl + Alt + R
Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

if that fails, repair per https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-install-stuck.html

if that fails, uninstall using the correct uninstaller from https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes... and then reinstall using*

if that fails, do a clean cc install carefully following each applicable step:

uninstall every cc app including preferences per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, again using the correct uninstaller per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes...

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

check for, and if available, update your os

if windows is your os, repair all ms visual c++ versions that can be repaired (use google if you don't know how to do this)

if windows is your os update your ms visual c++, if it can be updated (use google if you don't know how to do this)

restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall the cc desktop app using the "alternative download links" at the bottom of the page at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

NOTE: win 11 users that have trouble with the latest win 10 installer often have success with the older win 10 installer.rictly with adobe cc:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

Here is what I just did...

I went into Safe Mode and completely uninstalled Nvidia-drivers, then rebooted the system. By my logic, Lightroom can no longer crash my system on an Nvidia driver.

Indeed, I am no able to use Lightroom Classic again. The performance is not the best, but at least I am able to edit photo's again.

Reinstalling Creative Cloud still gives me a 202-error. I now know that these issues don't seem to be related.

But I am now hesitant to take the suggested steps. Because if I uninstall all CC apps and it turns out unsuccessful, I won't be able to do anything at all. At this point I got Lightroom Classic back working again.

...or is Lightroom Classic not part of Creative Cloud-apps? Can I leave this on my system when uninstalling CC-apps? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lightroom classic is part of adobe's cc apps.

otherwise, i found this to be confusing: "Reinstalling Creative Cloud still gives me a 202-error."

by Creative Cloud, do you mean the cc desktop app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I now have Lightroom Classic installed and working.

I have Photoshop 2023, which is not working because at startup it says it cannot communicate with Creative Cloud Desktop. This could very well be because I uninstalled it in my troubleshoot steps. (But not using Photoshop that much.)

So Lightroom Classic is working again.

Creative Cloud Desktop had an update but gave error 202. Eventually I uninstalled it, hoping a reinstall would be a fix. But a reinstall also gives me a 202.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you uninstalled the cc desktop app, you should follow the steps i suggested. ie, properly uninstall all the cc apps first (removing preferences may not be necessary for a 202 error), properly uninstall the cc desktop app, clean, restart etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a bit anxious following all those steps. I've seen you suggesting the same in other threads, but without success. Not that I don't want to rely on you, but more because at least I have Lightroom Classic working now. I do appreciate your help, but I am also a bit worried that after this nothing will work.

I also found this solution mentioned in another topic, suggested by an Adobe-employee: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/licensing-errors.html 

Error 202 is mentioned there, and it says I should delete some certificates. But the one asking for help couldn't access any of the Adobe-apps after doing so.

I'm very unsure of what to do. 

Lightroom Classic is working, but cannot receive updates because of a missing Creative Cloud Desktop-app. Photoshop won't start because of the same reason ("Cannot communicate with Creative Cloud Desktop").

Cannot re-install Creative Cloud Desktop to fix this, because of this error 202.

I would like to have it solved, but don't want to end up worse.

Is the ACC.log pointing to something maybe? I found this:

03/05/23 20:52:42:662 | [INFO] | | ASU | PIM | PIM | | | 27620 | Inside single-stream fallback. Downloading package OneUp in single stream
03/05/23 20:52:42:668 | [INFO] | | ASU | PIM | PIM | | | 27620 | Setting threadCount as 2
03/05/23 20:52:43:191 | [INFO] | | ASU | PIM | PIM | | | 27620 | Download complete for package: UAB, size: 20601.353516 KB, Time taken: 8 secs, Speed: 2575.169189 kBps
03/05/23 20:52:43:477 | [INFO] | | ASU | PIM | | | | 8536 | Asset
03/05/23 20:52:48:916 | [WARN] | | ASU | PIM | | ZIPAsset | | 8536 | Error in unZip even after 3 attempts. Source Package to unzip was: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\{26305AD5-663E-4D0D-96A0-42C4FCA90EF9}\OneUp.zip
03/05/23 20:52:48:916 | [WARN] | | ASU | PIM | | ZIPAsset | | 8536 | Error in creating the process for extraction.
03/05/23 20:52:49:282 | [INFO] | | ASU | PIM | PIM | | | 27620 | Single-stream fallback failed. Marking it non-resumable
03/05/23 20:52:49:282 | [INFO] | | ASU | PIM | PIM | | | 27620 | Non-resumable error found. Not processing other downloaders
03/05/23 20:52:49:282 | [INFO] | | ASU | PIM | PIM | | | 27620 | Non-resumable error found. Closing all downloaders
03/05/23 20:52:49:286 | [ERROR] | | ASU | PIM | PIM | | | 27620 | END: Downloading failed with error code 202 for the URL:(https://ccmdls.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/KCCC/1/win64/packages/ACCC_5_10_0_OneUp_573/manifest.xml)

What is this OneUp.zip, and why is it not able to unzip this?

Could there be something wrong on Adobe-side, since I see some more equal complaints popping up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

contact adobe support.  there are 3 ways to contact adobe; chat, phone and twitter:

chat:
use a browser that allows popups and cookies
and click here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human.

phone:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

twitter:
tweet @AdobeCare

p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative. ie, double check for an employee badge if contacted in the forums and look for an adobe.com domain in the email address if you click reply to an email. then check again and be very suspicious. any other method of contacting (or offering to contact you) is almost certainly a scam, https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/staying-safe-in-the-adobe-support-com...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved it. 

And the solution was really, and I mean really, easy.

So the installation of Adobe Creative Cloud desktop-app leaves logfiles which seemed usefull.

As mentioned above, the ACC.log showed that the installer was downloading and extracting files. The extracting of OneUp.zip failed and left an error 202 in the logfile.

So if extracting failed, how nice would it be to have an offline installer?

Guess what, I found that over here: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html (the alternative download links).

That was it.

Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop-app is installed again. It showed an update for Photoshop, which has been succesfully updated.

Lightroom Classic still works (yesterday already, BSOD solved by uninstalling the Nvidia GeForce-drivers), Photoshop working again..... 

The only minor issue is that Creative Cloud Desktop doesn't autostart when starting Windows, even though this setting is active. But I can really live with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to install it with the offline installer, but it didn't work and still gave me error code 202.

Uninstalled the Creative Cloud Desktop and restarted my PC. Tried to install it with the offline installer again, but still, it doesn't work.

My PC is Windows 11, not sure whether this is a compatibility issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. I tried to remove all the credentials and install the Creative Cloud, but again that didn't work. I don't understand why should I pay $60 a month to get this MANDATORY UPDATE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My solution is a safe first step, but no guartantee that it is a working fix for everyone.

I won't be able to come up with other solutions then already mentioned before.

You might want to search for the ACC.log and see what is in there. That is what helped me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, it looks like it failed to unzip the package. Error in unZip even after 3 attempts. Error in creating the process for extraction. Even this is an offline installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

contact adobe support.  there are 3 ways to contact adobe; chat, phone and twitter:

chat:
use a browser that allows popups and cookies
and click here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human.

phone:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

twitter:
tweet @AdobeCare

p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative. ie, double check for an employee badge if contacted in the forums and look for an adobe.com domain in the email address if you click reply to an email. then check again and be very suspicious. any other method of contacting (or offering to contact you) is almost certainly a scam, https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/staying-safe-in-the-adobe-support-com...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MY CREATIVE CLOUD DOESN'T WORK ON THE LASTA VERSIONE OF WINDOWS 11
PHOTOSHOP DOESN'T WORK...
I PAY FOR YOUR APPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--

<personal info deleted-kglad>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@defaultwkgugwxbsxvx 

1. do not reply by email or remove your signature before replying.  these are public forums.

2. what problem are you seeing?  if it's the licensing error 202, https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/licensing-errors.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too.   My Adobe Creative Cloud does'nt work for the new version. Error 202.  I've the lasta one version of Windows 11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved it. Check my solution above. Hopefully this also works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @John T Smith and @kglad for thinking along!

Downloading offline installer could be a usefull addition to troubleshooting error 202.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't seem to be able to edit my comments.

Downloading offline installer could be a usefull first step in troubleshooting error 202. (I fixed it without all the uninstalls and cleaning)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

glad to hear you got it solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case the solution of error code 202 was to use the installation zip files "Windows 10 versions below 1903 (64bit)" from webpage https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

This worked, although I am using the lates Windows 10 (64bit) Version 22H2.

Before I came to this solution I tried all the other methods like the cleaner tool etc., however, without success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines