• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse not running after Creative Cloud Desktop app update

Engaged ,
Dec 20, 2023 Dec 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the latest update to version 6.1.0.587 my copy of Adobe Muse will no longer open.

It partially loads, and then just closes.

In the Windows 10 logs I'm seeing -

Application: Muse.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 0000000000DEE917

Followed by -

Faulting application name: Muse.exe, version: 2018.1.1.6, time stamp: 0x5d3ed771
Faulting module name: Muse.exe, version: 2018.1.1.6, time stamp: 0x5d3ed771
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000060e917
Faulting process ID: 0x3150
Faulting application start time: 0x01da33a19cf3e497
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Muse CC 2018\Muse.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Muse CC 2018\Muse.exe
Report ID: 8266414e-2cfd-4801-b0e4-a5257678bd62
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Anyone any idea why this is happening?

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Muse and that makes no difference.

This is a big problem as I need to update one of my Muse websites.

And please, DON'T just tell me that Muse is now unsupported and obsolete and I should be using something else, I'm well aware of that!

I have carried on using Muse until I can find something better, which I haven't yet, and it has always worked fine up until now.

I haven't knowingly made any changes which would prevent it from working, so why has it suddenly apparently failed?

Thanks, Dave.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Engaged , Dec 22, 2023 Dec 22, 2023

Thanks very much for that!

I actually managed to get Muse to run late last night too, by forcibly closing down all the other Adobe programs running on my machine. You don't have to have the CC Desktop app running to use Muse of course, it runs just fine by itself.

It's not exactly ideal though.

I will try to open a support case with Adobe about this, now we know for sure that it's not a problem with Muse itself, but with the latest version of the CC Desktop app.

Cheers, Happy Christmas from me too,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged , Dec 23, 2023 Dec 23, 2023

In my experience, one or two of the processes are quite stubborn, and keep on restarting again!

For anyone who doesn't know, you just right click on the processes in the Task Manager, and select 'end task'.

I also went into the Startup tab of Task Manager, and disabled all the Adobe processes from running at boot.

That helped a lot.

Bear in mind that you may well need some or all of them running if you have other Adobe CC apps installed, but I only have Muse, so that's not an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Dec 26, 2023 Dec 26, 2023

georhansc,

i found the following: Kudos to Adam Mehlhaff from the Adobe Muse Support forum on facebook. In fact, the method he suggested was the only one that worked besides other proposals and I was able to launch Muse, make changes to my pages and upload the updated pages. At first I was a bit skeptical as Adam is on WIN 11 and I am on WIN 10, but it worked perfectly. This is certainly not a permanent solution, but at least I was able to start Muse and make the urgent changes. How did I do? I w

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Jan 15, 2024 Jan 15, 2024

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 285 Replies 285
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2023 Dec 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@DaveH5 

great.  i'll mark shutting down all processes as a correct answer (even though it's not a solution) just so others who find this thread can quickly institute a work-around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do you "terminate" all other processes? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

with win, use task manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bonjour, comment tu fais pour couper l'accès au disque ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

je suis sur PC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@guyd40156948 

the easiest work-around is to terminate adobe processes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my experience, one or two of the processes are quite stubborn, and keep on restarting again!

For anyone who doesn't know, you just right click on the processes in the Task Manager, and select 'end task'.

I also went into the Startup tab of Task Manager, and disabled all the Adobe processes from running at boot.

That helped a lot.

Bear in mind that you may well need some or all of them running if you have other Adobe CC apps installed, but I only have Muse, so that's not an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@DaveH5 

thank you for again offering your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2024 Jan 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your information that was the only one I expected that it would help. On my Win 10 system it did not work. I closed all taskes- When starting muse it automatically starts about 5 cloud services within the muse app, it takes a longer time before it closed again but after about 20 seconds it closes automatically. How can I get an information when this problem is solved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a solution. Close all tasks as recommanded from your side and then open muse again. During the opening you click on the app muse that you can the taskes running behind the porogramm. Then close as fast as possible all tasks that are connected to the  adobe cloud. Then the muse app keeps running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for that @astridkatze 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 24, 2023 Dec 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DaveH5, chark724, kglad,
tried the 2 options activity monitor and firefault but it doesn't work. The adobe sync keeps comming back what I do not understand fully. Excuse me for my gramma in English as it is not my native laguage. I have many other Adoby apps needed to do my work as a graphic designer. Are there any other options besides installing an previous version of the ACC app? That seems rather difficult. I found a topic on the internet wich says that older versions can work next to the 2024 latest version wich causes the trouble. That doesn't work either although I do not fully understand why a previous version doesn't work aftel installing. Where did it go on my Macbook Pro. https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-version-control.html

Thnx in advance

Aad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I don't know anything about how to do this sort of thing on a Mac, I've never used one.

I would actually be very surprised indeed if you can have two versions of the Desktop app installed at the same time.

I guess the 'nuclear option' would be to uninstall the Desktop app completely to enable you to run Muse.

Muse will run perfectly happily without it.

You will probably get an error message when you try to uninstall it, saying that you can't as you have CC apps which need it. In that case, you will have to use the uninstaller program to do it.

See here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@AadV24 

if you have adobe apps, other than muse, that you need to use at a particular time, you should leave your adobe processes running.  if there's a time when the only adobe app you need is muse, that's the time you can use DaveHS's work-around.

try an easier and slightly different work-around first.  open the cc desktop app, click help, click sign out.  then open muse.

if that fails, open the cc desktop app and suspend sync.  then exit (file > exit) the cc desktop app.  then terminate the adobe processes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx the first option didn't work. Going to try the second. But what axactly do yoy mean with then exit (file > exit) the cc desktop app. Just closing it?

And many thanks the both of you for your kind help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you should exit/quit cc, not just close the app. ie, with cc desktop app open, at top left of your screen is "creative cloud", click that > click quite creative cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean signing out. Excuse me very much but I stil do not exactly understand what you mean by 'exit'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

signing out is the first option i suggested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh I see. Thanks very much. I didn't see this comment initially. Due to inexperience with the community interface I guess. And my Mac interface is in the Dutch language. Althoug the Word 'Quit' is relevant. It didn't work unfortunately. Happy to know that the issue is under the attention of Adoby in another topic aswel. Hope they wil fix it. But schould be very happy and over the moon if I can solve this with help of the community and people like youreself.

Kind Regards

Aad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so, you quit the adobe cc desktop app, then terminated the adobe processes in activity monitor and still saw the processes re-start without any action on your part?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many Adobe files keep poping up and coming back in the activity terminator app after closing them down. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kglas, i closed all - and really all - Adobe apps via the task manager, logged out of the CC completely and tried to start Muse again. No success! An Adobe screen popped up immediately, prompting me to log in to CC. After logging in, the CC Updater appeared immediately and displayed three updates (Photoshop etc.). When I started Muse, the Muse environment appeared, but only the top menu entries, no palettes or windows etc.. And all this for a maximum of 2 seconds. That was it. After that everything disappeared again. So none of the suggestions worked. At least not for me (WIN 10). Thanks for the support, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

don't end processes and then quit the cc desktop app.  quit the app and then end the processes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines