• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse not running after Creative Cloud Desktop app update

Engaged ,
Dec 20, 2023 Dec 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the latest update to version 6.1.0.587 my copy of Adobe Muse will no longer open.

It partially loads, and then just closes.

In the Windows 10 logs I'm seeing -

Application: Muse.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 0000000000DEE917

Followed by -

Faulting application name: Muse.exe, version: 2018.1.1.6, time stamp: 0x5d3ed771
Faulting module name: Muse.exe, version: 2018.1.1.6, time stamp: 0x5d3ed771
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000060e917
Faulting process ID: 0x3150
Faulting application start time: 0x01da33a19cf3e497
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Muse CC 2018\Muse.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Muse CC 2018\Muse.exe
Report ID: 8266414e-2cfd-4801-b0e4-a5257678bd62
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Anyone any idea why this is happening?

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Muse and that makes no difference.

This is a big problem as I need to update one of my Muse websites.

And please, DON'T just tell me that Muse is now unsupported and obsolete and I should be using something else, I'm well aware of that!

I have carried on using Muse until I can find something better, which I haven't yet, and it has always worked fine up until now.

I haven't knowingly made any changes which would prevent it from working, so why has it suddenly apparently failed?

Thanks, Dave.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Engaged , Dec 22, 2023 Dec 22, 2023

Thanks very much for that!

I actually managed to get Muse to run late last night too, by forcibly closing down all the other Adobe programs running on my machine. You don't have to have the CC Desktop app running to use Muse of course, it runs just fine by itself.

It's not exactly ideal though.

I will try to open a support case with Adobe about this, now we know for sure that it's not a problem with Muse itself, but with the latest version of the CC Desktop app.

Cheers, Happy Christmas from me too,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged , Dec 23, 2023 Dec 23, 2023

In my experience, one or two of the processes are quite stubborn, and keep on restarting again!

For anyone who doesn't know, you just right click on the processes in the Task Manager, and select 'end task'.

I also went into the Startup tab of Task Manager, and disabled all the Adobe processes from running at boot.

That helped a lot.

Bear in mind that you may well need some or all of them running if you have other Adobe CC apps installed, but I only have Muse, so that's not an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Dec 26, 2023 Dec 26, 2023

georhansc,

i found the following: Kudos to Adam Mehlhaff from the Adobe Muse Support forum on facebook. In fact, the method he suggested was the only one that worked besides other proposals and I was able to launch Muse, make changes to my pages and upload the updated pages. At first I was a bit skeptical as Adam is on WIN 11 and I am on WIN 10, but it worked perfectly. This is certainly not a permanent solution, but at least I was able to start Muse and make the urgent changes. How did I do? I w

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Jan 15, 2024 Jan 15, 2024

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 285 Replies 285
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But what happens when you plug back in internet and shut down. You have to do this every single time you open Muse?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no one has reported disabling wifi as needed except @LynnPearson222 and that video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2024 Jan 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, unplugging does nothing. Sadly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to start this wa every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@astridkatze 

what's wa?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been testing it.  (disconnect from internet, end all Adobe programs in the taskmanager, Muse will open)
I've reconnected to the internet after opening Muse.  So far, so good.  Everything seems to be working properly.
After closing Muse while connected to the internet, Muse refuses to open again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Le problème vient de la dernière version mise à jour du CREATIVE CLOUD. Il faut aller dans les applications et cliquer pour le désinstaller, la requêtre "réparer" apparait, cliquez dessus et tout redeviendra normal... 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that is not the problem. That is the only way to open the program but not FIX the problem. Also is it not a conventional way to continue to use the program we have all been paying for.

Non, ce n'est pas là le problème. C'est la seule façon d'ouvrir le programme sans résoudre le problème. Ce n’est pas non plus une manière conventionnelle de continuer à utiliser le programme pour lequel nous payons tous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the new Creative Cloud update today (12/1/2024) with great anticipation. However, I was bitterly disappointed. Adobe has obviously not taken care of the proper functioning of Muse in any way. Despite the CC update, the Muse problem still exists. So even now, after the latest CC update, Muse can only be started via cumbersome detours. Yes, Adobe is letting its customers down. At least those customers who dutifully pay their monthly fees for Muse. How sad ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't know if adobe is working on this, but if they are, you should expect it would take, at least, 2 months after the first reports of problems, for a fix to be released.

i do know this has gotten the attention of adobe employees.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the new Creative Cloud update today (12/1/2024) with great anticipation. However, I was bitterly disappointed. Adobe has obviously not taken care of the proper functioning of Muse in any way. Despite the CC update, the Muse problem still exists. So even now, after the latest CC update, Muse can only be started via cumbersome detours. Yes, Adobe is letting its customers down. At least those customers who dutifully pay their monthly fees for Muse. How sad ...

By @michaelk28355937

There is no recent update to CC Desktop as far as I can see, it's still 6.1.0.587, the first version to have the problem with Muse. Don't be misled by the app telling you there's an update when you run it, that is usually just an update to the content of the home screen, not an actual app update.

It it's an actual app update, the app will close and re-open to install it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2024 Jan 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

buon giorno a tutti, anche a me non si non funziona più! 

ho fatto cme avete scritto, son andato su task manager e ho terminato tutti i servizi Adobe e Cloud, lancio Muse, arriva fino a caricare l'interfaccia e poi si chiude!!

Dove sto sbagliando??

grazie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good morning everyone, it doesn't work for me either!

I did as you wrote, I went to task manager and finished all the Adobe and Cloud services, I launched Muse, it loaded the interface and then closed!!

Where am I doing wrong??

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@tonimarconi 

try the repair solution or see if an internet disconnect works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ciao, ho provato a scollegare il pc da internet, ma non si avvia!

Farò come ho fatto per quasi tutti gli altri miei siti: faccio sito nuovo su webflow!

il tempo che perdo a provare a farlo funzionare lo impiego a farne uno nuovo!!

grazie comunque!

continuerò a seguire il blog, magari più avanti salta fuori qualcosa

ciao

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@tonimarconi 

understoood. hopefully an adobe cc desktop update will be coming within the next few months that fixes this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2024 Jan 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonsoir,

Pour ma part, sous Windows 11, désinstallation totale de l'application de bureau Adobe Creative Cloud avec l'outil suivant :

https://helpx.adobe.com/fr/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

Ne pas oublier de remplacer les deux fichiers suivants (Photoshop vers Muse) :

• PlugPlugOwl.dll
  • VulcanMessage5.dll

Lancer Adobe Muse : ok !!

Bien à vous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having the same problem as the rest of you. The "repair" trick didn't work for me. I am fine with disabling services, but need to know which ones they are. I can only see two labeled Adobe. I am running Windows 11 and was using Muse just fine until the creative cloud update in December. I restored my system from a system image and postponed updates, but this week I had to completely re-install my computer from scratch because of something another program had done that was causing it to freeze every time I used the computer, no matter what I was doing at the time, and now I can install Muse, but can't get it to open. I've been in chat with Adobe three times today and am getting really tired of being told the problem is with Muse, which was running fine before. Muse didn't change. Creative Cloud did. This is one of the reasons I am trying to find other solutions from other publishers, but right now I have two sites that are almost complete and I have 7 years' worth of work invested in all of this. I know I will have to convert all five sites soon, but really need to be able to use Muse right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that link. However, in looking at it, I think what I am going to have to do is let go of my attachment to Muse, do a deep dive into learning WordPress and Elementor, and convert everything to that format in a staging environment (which I have to learn how to do, as well) and go on with my life. I don't mind turning off processes temporarily, but am not clear how one turns them back on so I can use my other Adobe apps (I use several), unless they automatically restart after the computer is restarted or re-booted. Now that WordPress and Elementor use containers, it looks like it's easier to create responsive, attractive sites than it was before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you would just restart or reset your cc app.  or just open one of your (non-muse) cc apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried them late last year and they are not secure. I had one of my sites hacked within weeks because of Elementor. Just FYI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 15, 2024 Jan 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@natashax4How do you know your site was hacked because of Elementor? From the little I know so far, ANY plugin can be vulnerable and all plugins need to be kept up to date. Also, the hosting configuration and whether you use a CDN or not are also factors. There are also plugins that claim to increase security. I am just learning about all of this, so any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated. I have concluded I HAVE to move on from Muse, which is what was pointed out last year when Adobe cut the connection to Typekit and we all had to move to self-hosted web fonts. I was able to continue using Muse by doing that, but this latest move by Adobe (updating Creative Cloud and refusing to fix the problem that update created with opening Muse) has made it clear that I need to find another solution and do so now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2024 Jan 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know because it was the only site on Wordpress with that plug in. Not that I need to explain further but a week afterwords an entire email and article online came out about Elemetor having large areas that could be exployted by hackers. 

While Wordpress/Elem is an avenue you will have to stay on the it EVERY SINGLE day updating your plug ins or you will end up getting hacked. I do not have that kind of time.

I ended up over at VEV. Love them and they are very much as close as you can get to Muse with full creative control including block by block building.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines