• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse not running after Creative Cloud Desktop app update

Engaged ,
Dec 20, 2023 Dec 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the latest update to version 6.1.0.587 my copy of Adobe Muse will no longer open.

It partially loads, and then just closes.

In the Windows 10 logs I'm seeing -

Application: Muse.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 0000000000DEE917

Followed by -

Faulting application name: Muse.exe, version: 2018.1.1.6, time stamp: 0x5d3ed771
Faulting module name: Muse.exe, version: 2018.1.1.6, time stamp: 0x5d3ed771
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000060e917
Faulting process ID: 0x3150
Faulting application start time: 0x01da33a19cf3e497
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Muse CC 2018\Muse.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Muse CC 2018\Muse.exe
Report ID: 8266414e-2cfd-4801-b0e4-a5257678bd62
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Anyone any idea why this is happening?

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Muse and that makes no difference.

This is a big problem as I need to update one of my Muse websites.

And please, DON'T just tell me that Muse is now unsupported and obsolete and I should be using something else, I'm well aware of that!

I have carried on using Muse until I can find something better, which I haven't yet, and it has always worked fine up until now.

I haven't knowingly made any changes which would prevent it from working, so why has it suddenly apparently failed?

Thanks, Dave.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Engaged , Dec 22, 2023 Dec 22, 2023

Thanks very much for that!

I actually managed to get Muse to run late last night too, by forcibly closing down all the other Adobe programs running on my machine. You don't have to have the CC Desktop app running to use Muse of course, it runs just fine by itself.

It's not exactly ideal though.

I will try to open a support case with Adobe about this, now we know for sure that it's not a problem with Muse itself, but with the latest version of the CC Desktop app.

Cheers, Happy Christmas from me too,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged , Dec 23, 2023 Dec 23, 2023

In my experience, one or two of the processes are quite stubborn, and keep on restarting again!

For anyone who doesn't know, you just right click on the processes in the Task Manager, and select 'end task'.

I also went into the Startup tab of Task Manager, and disabled all the Adobe processes from running at boot.

That helped a lot.

Bear in mind that you may well need some or all of them running if you have other Adobe CC apps installed, but I only have Muse, so that's not an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Dec 26, 2023 Dec 26, 2023

georhansc,

i found the following: Kudos to Adam Mehlhaff from the Adobe Muse Support forum on facebook. In fact, the method he suggested was the only one that worked besides other proposals and I was able to launch Muse, make changes to my pages and upload the updated pages. At first I was a bit skeptical as Adam is on WIN 11 and I am on WIN 10, but it worked perfectly. This is certainly not a permanent solution, but at least I was able to start Muse and make the urgent changes. How did I do? I w

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Jan 15, 2024 Jan 15, 2024

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 285 Replies 285
Participant ,
Jan 15, 2024 Jan 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@natashax4Thank you for that information. I checked out VEV and it doesn't seem like the right approach for my kind of content or design. I am new at this, but every plugin I have installed or which came preconfigured from my hosting account (a total of 7 so far) has an "enable autoupdate" option, so if you don't want to watch things every day, that could be one solution. However, I have already learned that some plugins can affect functionality, so I do not intend to let anything autoupdate except WordPress itself, through the Softaculous script that installed it. I will be in there every day anyway, and if a plugin needs updating, there's an alert in the plugins folder. I want to be able to run a manual backup before I update anything, just in case the update breaks something.

I looked into BLOCS that someone else mentioned in this thread and it's only for Macs, so I can't use that, either. I made the decision to go with an Optimized WordPress installation (includes LiteSpeed Cache and Quic.cloud CDN) in a hosting environment that meets my needs. It has 24/7 tech support by phone, and I think that if I am proactive in handling the plugins and do regular backups, their aggressive security measures should be enough for me.

I'd like to get away from Adobe altogether, but I'm heavily dependent on Acrobat, InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator for my print and web publishing, so I'm stuck with them for those. I waited four years for Muse to mature (I was using a simple HTML product before then) and then two years after I started using it, they announced the EOL. However, it wasn't until they cut off the Typekit connection that I had any problems, but I made it through that crisis. However, now their refusal to fix this problem with this latest Creative Cloud update pushed me past my limits of tolerating their insensitivity to their subscribers' needs and I made the decision to move on.

In addition, while I was looking around at how speed affects SEO performance, I did a few speed tests on my existing Muse-generated site and discovered that, among other things, the CSS was using old prefixes and the self-hosted web fonts were "overweighted" (which I think means too heavy).  So now I am even more convinced that I am making the right move in moving away from Muse once and for all. Yes, Muse did what I wanted to do, in a way that didn't require me to become proficient at coding, and it still gave me a beautiful responsive site. But times have changed and there are other ways of doing this that are more appropriate for my needs right now.  I probably should have moved on sooner, but was so close to finishing what I was doing (all static sites), I resisted having to learn something else. However, when it became evident it was time to start a blog, that pushed me into the WordPress world, and I'm just going to re-create the static pages in WordPress once I become proficient with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you are talking about a PC because of the x86 folder. Has anyone else tried this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have and it works AOK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 16, 2024 Jan 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hola esta es la solución a este problema 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-services-discussions/solution-2024-adobe-muse-not-open...

By @Smooth Designs

Yes, this works perfectly, and thank you so much @Smooth Designs for finding it and telling us!

I did wonder whether it was just one part of CC Desktop which was causing the issue, and whether it could be identified and disabled.

As far as I can tell, CC Desktop still works fine with that file disabled.

Just to recap here, the file that needs to be renamed to disable it is, on Windows, in the

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\IPC folder.

It's called AdobeIPCBroker.exe.

I disabled it the way I usually do when disabling a file, by putting a tilda in place of the middle character of the file extension, making it AdobeIPCBroker.e~e.

Any other change will work just as well though.

This is much easier than the other methods we've been using!

I'm afraid I don't know where that file is on a Mac, but it's presumably the same file so can just be searched for.

Cheers, Dave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

p.s. AdobeIPCBroker.exe is used by adobe cc to facilitate communication among its various parts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

:). Awwesome works many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on the latest version of macOS Sonoma at the time of this writing, version 14.2.1. The repair creative cloud trick worked for me. If it is not working for you, remember that you must OPEN Adobe Muse. WHILE Creative Cloud is being "repaired". This causes the bad Creative Cloud Processes to end and not interfere with Muse opening on its own. To repair creative cloud on a Mac, go to Finder > Applications > Adobe Creative Cloud  > Uninstall Adobe Creative Cloud. Click on that and it will give you the option to "Repair". Open Muse while the repair is happening, not after it has completed.

I can also confirm this works on MacOS Monterey. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@danielc39408068 

thanks for another confirmation 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it still didn't work for me. Muse went further in opening, but when it was finally open, it just spontaneously shut down again. I tried both approaches to disabling AdobeIPCBroker (changing its name and/or putting a tilde in the extension), but for some reason, it just won't stay open on my computer. I also rebooted, to see if that helped, but it didn't. I tried putting in the old hack (three dll files) and that made things worse.

I'm glad the rest of you had success. I'm still going to have to move on from Muse, like it or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@saraz943607 

timing is important.  rename the file and then immediately open muse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying that this is only a temporary fix and has to be repeated each time you want to run Muse? It doesn't stay fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

correct, everything so far is a temporary work-around, not a fix.

this is apparently incorrect.  see the next message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange, this fix seems to work perfectly for me.
I renamed the file, rebooted, ran CC Desktop, which opened and appeared to still work normally.

Then I launched Muse from CC Desktop, and Muse opened and loaded normally.

Timing didn't seem to be an issue at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh, i didn't know that.  i stand corrected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@DaveH5  Did you install Muse from within CC Desktop BEFORE you did the fix? I want to try this one more time to see if I can replicate what you did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@DaveH5  Did you install Muse from within CC Desktop BEFORE you did the fix? I want to try this one more time to see if I can replicate what you did.

By @saraz943607

I haven't reinstalled anything, it's the same installation of CC Desktop and Muse that I've always used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had to reinstall my entire computer and lost my prior installation of Muse, which was working as long as I didn't allow Creative Cloud to update. Now I don't have a choice about which version of Creative Cloud to use, but Adobe tech support did give me a downloadable installation file. However, when I installed that, I ran into the same problem because I hadn't done the fix. I could try installing Muse from the downloadable file instead of through CC desktop and then do the fix on the file, reboot, and see what happens. I'll do that now and see if it changes anything for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there are some cc desktop app choices.

use the alternative download links at page bottom here, https://helpx.adobe.com/in/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kgladTried that, too. Didn't change anything. Did everything, rebooted each time (cold boot after waiting 30 secs. for the RAM to clear, not restart, which is incomplete) and nothing will get Muse to stay open after it loads. It opens fully then immediately disappears. I'm glad the rest of you found a solution that works for you. Unfortunately, I am not in that group, so have a great year. Over and out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2024 Jan 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody,

On my Mac (Hackintosh Sonoma) i changed (rename) with administror password teh file

->>Applications->Utilities->Adobe Application Manager->IPC->AdobeIPCBroker.app

By 

->Applications->Utilities->Adobe Application Manager->IPC->AdobeIPCBrokerSSSS.app

And it works ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2024 Jan 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for that @uservasavoir 

in summary, the easiest work-around is:

rename AdobeIPCBroker in

win:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\IPC

mac:

->>Applications->Utilities->Adobe Application Manager->IPC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2024 Jan 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats great. It works. Thank you very much. It is the easiest way! Many Greetings from Germany.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2024 Jan 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

on behalf of the users that did the real work of finding these solutions, you're welcome ( from the usa).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2024 Jan 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines