• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't edit decal/graphic when press edit.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually when I pressed edit, photoshop opened and I could edit my graphic/decal in there. Few days later I tried to do the same thing, but photoshop would not open. Please help 🙂

TOPICS
Bug , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

I'm going to assume you upgraded to their lastest and greatest Photoshop when the cloud app asked?

you could try installing the old 22 build

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

On Friday, I contacted Adobe support about this issue. It seems they have not heard of this bug, nor do they have a solution for using Photoshop 2022 in the Dimension workflow. We tried many things, but ultimately the only solution that worked was uninstalling Photoshop 2022 (version 23.0.0). I was hoping that this would not be the case as I like to move forward.

I also had Photoshop 2021 (version 22) on my computer, and Dimension still did not open it until I opened PS (version 22) preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That I understand. However, I am not trying to edit / manipulate a 3D object or design in Photoshop. I am trying to edit a 2D decal on a 3D object. Previously, I could press "edit" and it would let me edit the 2D design in Photoshop. Now, when I press edit, it doesn't do anything at all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try to deactivate Native Canvas in Ps preferences and use Ps old features to activate 3D. If you can share a psd file we can test it on our machines.

Screenshot 2021-10-30 190941.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate you guys trying to help, but you are missing the point. I use Adobe Dimension to help my clients visualise how their graphic will look like on a real product. I usually drop the graphic on a .obj, and if I need to make small changes (like crop, colour, etc.) I press edit, it opens the image in photoshop, and I edit it there. However, now when I press edit, nothing opens, no error messages, nothing. I think Dimension got disassociated with photoshop as default editing program, and I don't know how to fix that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to assume you upgraded to their lastest and greatest Photoshop when the cloud app asked?

you could try installing the old 22 build

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! This is the solution! I was just having the same issue, after 3 hrs of trying troubleshooting myself, this did the trick. Adobe Photoshop 23 build does not support Adobe Dimension to Photoshop workflow.

Must downgrade to Adobe Photoshop v 22.5.2 or lower to solve issue.

Thank you kindly for sharing @UssNorway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Dimension 3.4.4 version with latest Adobe Photoshop 23.0.0 and able to open any bitmap or Ps file that have been placed as decal on the object in Dn. I htink that the reason can be that there is changes of folder where latest Ps or Dn has been installed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried reinstalling both Ps 23.0 and Dn 3.4.4 and it still doesn't work properly (at least on two of my machines). Using Ps 22 seems to be working perfectly. Any ideas of how to make it work with Ps 23.0?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on Win 11, and you? Did you try to edit decal from Dn after opening Ps on your machine. I use edit button in Dn. What kind of file you are using for decal? 

Screenshot 2021-10-31 200144.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried it on win10 and macOS (m1). Tried uploading psd, png, jpg, no luck. Using the edit button too, also tried double clicking. Opening photoshop does not help sadly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ares when you upgraded to Photoshop 23, did you keep the old files from 22 or delete them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ussnorway I clean up all preferences and old versions. But with Beta version of Ps I can't open files (bitmaps as materials) from Substance Sampler to edit as Beta Ps version install folder is different. Now with retail version I can do edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can verify and duplicate this issue on two separate computers, my MacBook and my MacPro.

• Open Dimension 3.4.4, insert flat image for background.
  • Click on image and attempt to "Edit" in photoshop.
  • Clicking on pencil "Edit" icon has no response

My Photoshop 2012 is Version 23.0.0

It is critical that I fix this issue as it is something I use multiple times a day. I can roll my software versions backwards, but do we know if Adobe knows about this issue?

Dimension-NoEdit.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, the only fix is to roll the Ps version back. I doubt that Adobe knows about this issue, either way it is a good idea to raise a bug report. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can report about this bug at https://feedback.adobedimension.com/ 

Thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any unpdate on this besides downgrading to Photoshop 22? I am having the exact same problem. I have Adobe Dimension 3.4.4 and Photoshop 23 and all of a sudden I click edit on a graphic, image, or decal in Dimension and it won't open in Photoshop. Pretty frustrating. 

I also still have Photoshop 22 on my computer and it doesn't open there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On Friday, I contacted Adobe support about this issue. It seems they have not heard of this bug, nor do they have a solution for using Photoshop 2022 in the Dimension workflow. We tried many things, but ultimately the only solution that worked was uninstalling Photoshop 2022 (version 23.0.0). I was hoping that this would not be the case as I like to move forward.

I also had Photoshop 2021 (version 22) on my computer, and Dimension still did not open it until I opened PS (version 22) preferences and chose "Reset Preferences on Quit" and restarted Photoshop.

Screen Shot 2021-11-07 at 1.14.30 PM.png

At Adobe's request, I then re-installed Photoshop 2022 (without deleting PS 2021) and immediately disabled the workflow between Dimension and either version of Photoshop. They said that this seems to be a Mac-only issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines