Exit

Can't install - says Javascript is disabled

Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Win 10 Desktop

Hi there,

I'm trying to install Photoshop and it won't as it says Javascript is disabled (see attached screenshot).

I've looked through a few threads but nothing seems to relate.

I don't think i have anything Adobe on my system - manually looked through folders and checked with autoruns and process explorer and i can't find anything related to Adobe anywhere.

I've tried logging in and starting the process with different browsers to no avail (Firefox, Edge, Chrome).

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The attached screen shot shows your browsers are not compatible (normally out of date). What happens when you click the button bottom left?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My browsers show up to date. When clicking 'sign in here' nothing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to the Download & Install forum from Photoshop ecosystem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ian01 

i don't believe your screenshot shows an out of date or imcompatible browser.  it indicates your default browser has javascript disabled.  ie, you need to enable javascript (and cookies) in your default browser to sign into adobe.com using your cc desktop app.

you can google your default browser type and how to enable javascript and allow cookies, or designate a different default browser which probably won't have javascript disabled and allows cookies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Javascript is enabled. I've also tried it with all security on minimum in all 3 browsers (FF, Edge, Chrome). Tried deleting cache and cookies.

I'm not sure it's a browser issue as i've just tried again with no browser and it still throws up the same window—along with a windows error message saying no browser available. 

Re: sign in using cc desktop app

What is this? Is this an additional app i have to download? I just clicked download Photoshop from my account and clicked the .exe that was downloaded. I'll have a look around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you have a subscription?  or are you trying to install an old version of photoshop?

if you have a subscription, install the cc desktop app from here https://creativecloud.adobe.com/apps/all/desktop?action=install&source=apps&productId=creative-cloud and use it to install your adobe subscription and trial programs.

if you have trouble downloading the cc desktop app or you see an error message when trying to install, make sure you have a compatible os (https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html), and use the alternative download links at page bottom here, https://helpx.adobe.com/in/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, i have a subscription. I bought it a couple of hours ago... been banging my head against a wall trying to install photoshop ha

Installing CC from my account threw up the same Javascript error message but that alternate download for it worked. Thanks! Photoshop is up and running! 😃 Thank you to everyone who responded!

1 more question if i may... do i need to keep this CC app on my system to run Photoshop? Or can i delete it now i've got photoshop installed and running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, i do - won't let me uninstall it because photoshop is installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you actually don't need it, but trying to install photoshop without is problematic (as you found) - but it can be done. 

once an adobe app like ps is installed, you won't be able to properly uninstall the cc desktop app because you have a subscription app installed.  ie, there is an uninstaller* for the cc desktop app.  but try using it and you'll see an error message if any subscription app is installed.

to uninstall the cc desktop app, use the correct uninstaller per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes...

bottomline: for those of us that like to maintain tidy computer environments, it's less messy to let adobe apps create the mess that they create and leave them alone.  ie, it causes a bigger mess trying to tidy things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't install Photoshop directly - you need to download the Creative Cloud desktop app. That manages your subscription and installs.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

Download this first, then use it to install Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines