• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Make CC UninstallString Completely Silent to Uninstall Software

Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The UninstallString in  the registry for CC products is as follows

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\HDCore\Uninstaller.exe" --uninstall=1 --sapCode=ILST --productVersion=20.1.0 --productPlatform=win64 --productAdobeCode={ILST-20.1.0-64-ADBEADBEADBEADBEADBEA} --productName="Adobe Illustrator CC 2015.3" --mode=2

When I run this in CMD, it open Creative Cloud application and asks the user if they want to keep the preference or remove the preference before uninstalling it.

How can I suppress this prompt and make the uninstaller competently silent. I don't care if preferences are kept or removed, but I don't want any prompt for the user.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Another option is to use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool. This allows you to choose which apps you want to uninstall by uncommenting an xml file.

See Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We recommend to use Creative Cloud Packager to build an uninstall package.

Details and command lines are here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Details and command lines" point to a broken link (Can't find the Server)

Ric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, the forum seems to be scrambling the url. Paste the following in to your browser.

helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/package/help/create-uninstall-package.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eureka!

The disclosure triangles let you choose the full versions to uninstall. That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks, Alister (and the Helpx people).

Ric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, the packaging tool still seems to be missing uninstallers for most of the more recent CC2017 apps, even when I drilled down under the triangle. What's interesting is that it will remove the 2018 versions quite effectively. I've had to independently launch many of the 2017 installers manually.

Has anybody else noticed this?

Ric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ric@PCC

yes, that is the exact reason I was looking at because there are only so many version available in the CC Uninstaller packager to uninstall a product.

It would be great to use the UninstallString and a flag to make it silent.

Creating an uninstaller for each version manually is not efficient at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

alisterblack​ The package does not list all the version avialbe to uninstall.

Is there a way to use UninstallString and make it silent? Appreciate your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another option is to use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool. This allows you to choose which apps you want to uninstall by uncommenting an xml file.

See Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't checked recently, but most of Adobe's documentation says to uninstall first and then use the CC cleaner tool. However, I was working with one of Adobe's support techs to untangle an install issue once and learned unofficially that the tool was okay to use as an installer. It would be nice to have that confirmed, if you could be so brave, Allster.

Ric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The CCP uninstall option is easier and better for the current apps but for older ones the CC Cleaner Tool definitely has its uses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Broken link

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you looking for this?

Uninstall Creative Cloud Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is there any way to stop the "keep preferences" dialog from showing up WITHOUT using the Cleaner Tool? On the Uninstall Creative Cloud Products page it lists a --deleteUserPreferences parameter but using it does not stop the dialog from showing up. This should be possible to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines