• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[How To] Download Pixel brushes from Capture to Fresco

Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I need help and I read already all the previous posts about it. I am correctly creating in Capture pixel brushes that can be used in Fresco. They don't appear in my library, no matter how many times I try. I tried to upload them from brushes in fresco too, but nothing seems to work. I have no problems with patterns but also shapes do not appear in the shape section. I always double check they are pixel ones. Everything is up to date.

[Renamed by Mod]

TOPICS
Pixel Brushes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

That's OK! I am learning myself as I go along there 🙂
I tried to edit my brush and I am posting the different screenshots from my phone so maybe we can identify some discrepencies:

Screenshot_20230126-092946.png

STYLE:

Obviously checking it's pixel and not vector (but you already did that)

Screenshot_20230126-092952.png

THE CROP:
I don't think you can go wrong there

Screenshot_20230126-093003.png

SETTINGS:
Check it's in black and white instead of colour

Screenshot_20230126-093009.png

REFINE
Remove the background for a cleaner brush

Try another brush with these settings, and let me know if it works no

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sara,

Do you create your brushes using the capture module in Photoshop, or directly from the mobile app?

Can you see those brushes in Photoshop in the case of the latter?

(I'm assuming you're using the brushes section in capture, to create yours 🙂 )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you for the answer. I used directly the Capture app and I created them in pixel mode usable by Fresco, I checked everything. I can try to visualise them in Photoshop. Even so, it would be time consuming to create them in Capture, open them in Photoshop and them use them in Fresco.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the brushes in Photoshop and they seem to appear only as image. But in Capture they are saved as pixel brushes...EF4D4A4F-EDEC-43CD-830B-D2B644D1C3F1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll be honest, I actually never tested the brushes in capture (I create mine in Photoshop), Let me test that and see if I can make it work properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been a hot minute since I used Capture to try to make a brush.  I tend to use Photoshop myself.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I just tested it, and I have been able to create one, and use it in Fresco (In my desktop, but I'm sure it's the same on the Ipad)
Now, do you have access to the library you save them to, in Fresco?
See mine:

Imaginerie_0-1674680209908.png

I created a new brush called "Brush 64" in pixels, and saved it to an existing library called "brushes" (You can see I am very creative with my naming 🙂 ). I was able to open the "brushes" library, but there are some libraries I can't open in Fresco, because those don't contain compatible brushes. In fact, what I am wondering, is that in case you cannot see that particular library in Fresco, may be because the brushes inside may not be compatible.
What you can do, by way of a test, is to try to copy a normal brush and paste it to this same library you are trying to open, and see if after that, you are able to see that copied brush. Take a brush that you know will work (a standard sketching one, or any of the Kyle Webster new ones)
https://www.adobe.com/uk/products/photoshop/brushes.html

Of course, this is just for a test, the goal is to make it work as it should, without opening Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried and all Kyle's brushes are fine and appear in the library. The brushes I saved from Capture were saved in png, that is an image extension, that's why they do not appear in my library in Fresco. When I save the brush it's automatical, it should be an ant, hence the problem. I don't know why they are saved with the wrong format. I apologise but I'm starting to learn and I thought that Capture was easier to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's OK! I am learning myself as I go along there 🙂
I tried to edit my brush and I am posting the different screenshots from my phone so maybe we can identify some discrepencies:

Screenshot_20230126-092946.png

STYLE:

Obviously checking it's pixel and not vector (but you already did that)

Screenshot_20230126-092952.png

THE CROP:
I don't think you can go wrong there

Screenshot_20230126-093003.png

SETTINGS:
Check it's in black and white instead of colour

Screenshot_20230126-093009.png

REFINE
Remove the background for a cleaner brush

Try another brush with these settings, and let me know if it works now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yay, it worked!  The downloading is still not automatic and I have to    modify the brush once created, then upload it from Fresco, but it´s partially working! Thank you so much, it could have been the colour  that was a problem, or maybe not 😊

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As of now, you can't create colour brushes for Fresco, so that was maybe the problem!
Keep on tweaking and let us know if you managed to make it work.

Happy drawing! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines