• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[How To] Fresco on Windows - Change File Association

Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to find the install location in Windows, so I can tell another application to launch Fresco. I can't seem to find it anywhere, Windows will not let me go to the install location from any menu and search can't find it. 

Am I being a bit dim?

David

[Renamed by Mod]

TOPICS
Activation installation and billing , Device

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Hi Rohit, 

Thanks for getting back to me!

I'm using Storyboarder to storyboard shots for films. There's a button in Storyboarder that launches and external drawing app (currently set to photoshop) that let's you draw the boards. Storyboarder handles the order of the boards and relinks the new drawing with your timeline as you draw in PS. I was trying to change PS for Fresco, but you need to tell Storyboarder where the .exe is. 

David

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello David,

Fresco is a Windows UWP app, so it's different from traditional Windows apps. It's install location is no accessible directly. Can you share the details of workflow you are trying to acheive? 

Thanks,

Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rohit, 

Thanks for getting back to me!

I'm using Storyboarder to storyboard shots for films. There's a button in Storyboarder that launches and external drawing app (currently set to photoshop) that let's you draw the boards. Storyboarder handles the order of the boards and relinks the new drawing with your timeline as you draw in PS. I was trying to change PS for Fresco, but you need to tell Storyboarder where the .exe is. 

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a problem with Fresco. Since it's a UWP app, I'm unable to access Properties>Compatibility Mode. I need to override the DPI because the program isn't smart enough to adjust it's resolution to be the correct aspect ratio on my Huion Kamvas Pro 16 display tablet. Do you have any work arounds? 

Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David!
I know the thread is a bit old but wanted to add that you need to access the uwp.fresco.exe file, and since it's an app, not in the usual place
On my computer it's C:\Users\COMPUTERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps
YOU NEED TO MAKE HIDDEN FILES VISIBLE

This is not accessible if you don't do that first
You can make the all items visible in the explorer
see screenshot attached

Hope it helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im trying to do the same thing as David. i followed your advice and found the .exe but now I'm getting this error.Screenshot 2021-09-03 222318.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is a few months old but did you ever get this error fixed???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not but it doesn't matter. If you set Fresco as the default app to open .PSD it files won't work. Adobe fresco doesn't save locally. So if you use it to open a .PSD file hitting save will not update that .PSD file. So it will never work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did not but it doesn't matter. If you set Fresco as the default app to open .PSD it files won't work. Adobe fresco doesn't save locally. So if you use it to open a .PSD file hitting save will not update that .PSD file. So it will never work. Edit: Wrong Account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines