Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gradient problem

Participant ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I created the gradients in Illustrator, and after saving to the format EPS 10, I have noticed the circles around gradients that are not in the original file. Could you, please, advise me how to avoid it or how to save it properly?

Thank you.sccc.jpg

TOPICS
Draw and design , Import and export , Print and publish , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

are those gradient circles using blend modes like 'lighten' or 'screen' etc? you may do better to set them up as just actual colours and gradient to colour 0% transparency if they arent already. another 'fix' worth looking at is if you place the gradient circle within another circle as a clipping mask, so you lose the very tiniest fraction of the edge of the item.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are those gradient circles using blend modes like 'lighten' or 'screen' etc? you may do better to set them up as just actual colours and gradient to colour 0% transparency if they arent already. another 'fix' worth looking at is if you place the gradient circle within another circle as a clipping mask, so you lose the very tiniest fraction of the edge of the item.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for respond. Yes, I made that circle by the gradient with the 2 colors, and with the opacity 0% , in the original file its okey, also when I exported as jpeg, there is no problem. Only after saving that file to Eps. So I tried to fix it by the clip. mask and it is solved! 🙂 

Thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great news. I'm sure there are other ways to sort this, so keep trying to learn. I'm sure someone will give you another solution here, but eps is an old format and it likes old school clipping paths so it seemed like a probable fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't happen because of the EPS, but it's caused by EPS 10.

What Illustrator does, is saving an EPS (which is last century's file format) plus a native Illustrator file embedded in that EPS. You selected version 10 for that Illustrator file, so effectively you are saving to an old version. And that causes some elements to be expanded and no longer editable. Or being converted to pixels.

When saving something to "EPS 10", make sure you only use functions that are supported by Illustrator 10 (which is 20 years old software)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your advices.

Now it Is more clear to me.

If I would like to print this filé,which formát PDF would you recommend me? If the filé consists applied blending Modes,transparency.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are going to send this to a printer, always ask for their file specifications.

If your goal is to keep transparency inside the file, then save as PDF/X-4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okey,thank you 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines