• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't comment on the "č" key after the update

Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't comment on the "č" key. Maybe make a bug report? Or first try and reset the preferences?

But the automatic update can be turned off in the Creative Cloud app in the preferences.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Thanks for sharing the details, @jakubF. We're able to replicate this issue at our end and our engineers are working on it. I would request if you could upvote this issue here and stay tuned for updates.

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Hi all,

Adobe Illustrator 2022(v26.0.1) is now released worldwide which fixes the issue of typing č, đ and Đ characters. Please update your app to the latest version & see if it helps.
Let us know if you face any concern. We'll be happy to look into it.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after today's automatic and unsolicited update of Adobe Illustrator, the Czech key "č" does not work for me. I can't work. What with this??? ☹☹☹

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After today's update to version 26.0 I have the same problem with key "č". Others work without a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to 26.0, I have the same problem with typing the letter "no" in the Mac version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to 26.0, I have the same problem with typing the letter „č" in the Mac version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. We need you help investigating this issue further. I would reuqest if you could share the following details:

• Are you using any language specific keyboard?
  • Version and language of Operating system.
  • What happens when you press the key?
  • Is this key working with other applications?

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using any language specific keyboard?

I use the keyboard in the Czech / English version and switch as needed.

Version and language of Operating system.

Operating system Windows 10 Home, version 21H1, language Czech.

What happens when you press the key?

Nothing will happen. When I switch the keyboard to the English version, it works and it writes the number 4 correctly. But when I switch the keyboard to the Czech version again, nothing when I press it. Other keys/characters work normally. I tried to insert the 'č' character from the character or glyph map, and this also works fine and the character inserts it. But nothing happens from the keyboard.

The 'Č' key even works like a capital letter over a caps lock.

Is this key working with other applications?

Yes key works 'č' works normally in other applications like InDesign, Photoshop, Notes, Word, Chrome, etc.

Note: I uninstalled the current version of Illustrator 26.0 and installed the previous version 25.4.1. and again everything works incl. the 'č' keys on the Czech keyboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the details, @jakubF. We're able to replicate this issue at our end and our engineers are working on it. I would request if you could upvote this issue here and stay tuned for updates.

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the new update, on Croatian keyboard also the "č" does not work, but also "đ" and "Đ"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to type several special characters in Slovak, namely Č and Ď (both lowercase and uppercase), but Illustrator 2022 won't add them in type field. I can add them manually from Glyphs panel. I tried several fonts and it's not a font issue. I can even type the characters in any field within Illustrator, but not on canvas. Anyone stumbled across similar issue?

Running Windows 11, i7, 16GB RAM, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ivan,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Product team is aware about this issue and working on the fix. I'd request you to upvote on this UserVoice post & stay tuned for the updates.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with letter "ē".
Good to know I am not the only frustrated one!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me Illustrator V 26.0 latvian key "Ē" not working but E is working.

It works on other aplications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Thanks for your time and patience. We have tried to address this issue in our latest Prerelease build of 26.0.1.

Please follow the instructions below to get CCD Prerelease to build.

1. If you are not already part of the Illustrator Prerelease program, then please click this link to join the prerelease – https://www.adobeprerelease.com/beta/85A6F544-2705-49BD-8314-DD549C6A1713
  2.  Accept Prerelease Agreement.
  3. Go to Creative Cloud Desktop and look for Prerelease in the Apps section.
  4. Install/Update to Illustrator Prerelease 26.0.1 from Creative Cloud Desktop Pre-Release Tab(This will not replace the existing installation of Release build of Illustrator).

Let us know if this helps resolve the issue or if you still need assistance. 

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After click to your link write me: "Access Denied".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try these steps:

1. Click this link https://www.adobeprerelease.com/ 
  2. Click Available Programs
  3. Select Illustrator CC.
  4. Join Pre-release Program
  5. Accept Prerelease Agreement.
  6. Go to Creative Cloud Desktop and look for Prerelease in the Apps section.
  7. Install/Update to Illustrator Prerelease 26.0.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I tested the pre-release version 26.0.1 and the 'č' character works on the Czech keyboard again without any problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just so you know, 26.0.2 update fixed Č and č key, but Đ and đ are still not working using Croatian keyboard!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Adobe Illustrator 2022(v26.0.1) is now released worldwide which fixes the issue of typing č, đ and Đ characters. Please update your app to the latest version & see if it helps.
Let us know if you face any concern. We'll be happy to look into it.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All working, tkanks for the quick update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines