Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign beta Now Live on Windows for ARM Devices

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2024 Aug 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign+Copilot.gif

We are delighted to announce that InDesign Beta is now live on Windows for ARM devices (with Qualcomm SD X-Elite processors) for English locale. This update allows users to run InDesign on devices with Snapdragon X Series ARM architecture-based processors through emulation mode. 

note-icon.png  Note: Only InDesign 19.5 beta and later versions are available on Windows ARM architecture-based processors.

Minimum System Requirements:

• Processor: Snapdragon X Elite X1E-78-100 (up to 3.4 GHz, 12 cores)
  • Graphics: Snapdragon X Elite Qualcomm Adreno.

Known Issues:

• When performing different workflows, you may experience slight differences in performance.

Creative Cloud Library workflows:
    • Unable to drag and drop/place CC Library assets into the documents.
    • Operations done on Asset Web take time to reflect in the CC Library in InDesign.
    • Duplication of an element from Stock in CC Library does not work.

Download InDesign  (beta) now and share your feedback with us. Your feedback is invaluable to us.

icon-beta-beaker.png InDesign (beta) is now available for testing.

Explore new features and share your thoughts.

beta-banner-max-visual2.png.img.png

TOPICS
Activation billing and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 28, 2024 Aug 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Srishti Bali As with Illustrator this beta is not visible on my Surface Pro 11. Why do you claim it is released when it is not? 

However, both versions are available on x86 machines. So they are available on my account, just not on the ARM devices where they are needed...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @arknu,

It seems like the beta apps might not be visible on your Surface Pro 11 because they’re listed under the “Beta” section in the Creative Cloud desktop app. Please ensure you’re checking there, as the stable versions are currently available only for x86 machines on Windows.

Additionally, I noticed your Creative Cloud account is configured to Denmark locale, and the beta apps you’re looking for are only available for English locales like the US, UK, etc.

If you need further assistance, please feel free to ask!

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Anshul_Saini Of course I looked under beta apps, I'm not stupid.

Why the hell would you limit it to English locales?? As should be evident from this writing, I'm perfectly fluent in English. I don't need you to make decisions on what software I can or cannot use. And I sure hope that your software is able to run on whatever locale it happens to run on! Otherwise, your programmers need to go back to school.

So you need to get rid of this limit ASAP. I pay a small fortune for this software - you do NOT get to decide whether I can download it because my locale happens to be different. There is a large world outside the US! And we mostly all speak English as a second language.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @arknu

We understand your frustration and will share your feedback with the team.

If you require any further assistance, feel free to reach out. 

Thank you, 

Abhishek Rao

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abhishek Rao

Is it possible to give me access to the InDesign Beta?

Thank you and best regards

Julian C.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 29, 2024 Aug 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @julian_8196

Thank you for reaching out!

You can indeed access the InDesign Beta under the Beta section in the Creative Cloud app, along with other Adobe apps. However, I want to mention that the WinARM version of InDesign Beta is currently limited to the English locale. Since your language is set to German and you're based in Switzerland, you won't have access to the WinARM version of the InDesign Beta.

If you have any other questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask!

Thank you, 
Abhishek Rao

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer. The problem is that I have a Windows ARM device and need it for school.

Would it be possible for you to give me access in Switzerland?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @julian_8196

I understand your situation and need for the WinARM version for school. Unfortunately, the WinARM version is currently only accessible in English locales. Since your system is set to German, granting access wouldn't resolve the issue, as the version wouldn't function correctly in your locale.

If there's anything else I can assist you with, please let me know.

Thank you, 
Abhishek Rao

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2024 Sep 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is one of the most incredible deceptions of customers I have ever experienced. It may be that Microsoft surprised Adobe with the release of its ARM processor PCs. And I am also pleased that there seems to be a strong effort of Adobe to catch up. But how embarrassing and damaging to Adobe’s reputation is the handling of the beta versions of the software? Perhaps the headline of this article should be adjusted to a more honest version: InDesign beta Now Live on Windows for ARM Devices for 5.04% of the world's population. 🤦‍:male_sign: Hey, Adobe folks! Fix this, and quickly please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2024 Oct 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Srishti Bali @Anshul_Saini   Beta is expired since wednesday, October 9th 2024, so we need an update. There is no update showing in the CC app...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2024 Oct 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Expired.jpg

You're kidding us Adobe, right?! Can't believe it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2024 Oct 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those are the known rules for beta, it is for testing only...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Srishti Bali @Anshul_Saini  Newest beta ARM emulation 20.1 fails to start (after cleaning, de-install, re-instal...)

Schermafbeelding 2024-10-14 om 17.37.35.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Frans v.d. Geest,

Thank you for reaching out about the InDesign Beta ARM issue.

As you noted, the InDesign Beta build 19.5 has expired, and the new version (20.1 Beta) has just been released today. Please give the installation a try and let us know if the problem continues.

We appreciate your patience, and I look forward to hearing about your progress!

Best,
Abhishek Rao

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Abhishek Rao  See screenshot. V 20.1 will not run. De-installed, fresh re-install (cleaned prefs, caches) but gives a Application error warning. Latest Windows 11 (with all recent last days updates).
So, while I shared this, with the screenshot, you advice me to test it - which clearly I can't... Standard reply without reading the actual message? I wonder...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Frans v.d. Geest,

I apologize for the confusion in my previous message, and thank you for sharing the screenshot. I understand the frustration, especially when it comes to testing new versions.

I’ve also updated the InDesign Beta to version 20.1 on my system, and it seems to be working fine for me. To help narrow down the issue, could you try running InDesign in Safe Mode to see if the problem persists? Reference: https://adobe.ly/4041Tl5

Please keep me updated on whether the issue continues in Safe Mode.

Thank you for your patience, and I look forward to your feedback!

Thank you,
Abhishek Rao

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2024 Oct 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Abhishek Rao,
the Beta 20.1 runs well, but it won't open PDF-Files even though created by Indesign. Is this feature not available in 20.1? That was my only reason for installing it... Or is there some workaround to open PDF-Files instead of simply open them?
Best,

Christian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should have mentioned: this is under Parallels VM on a Mac M1 max. The 19.5 beta ran fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would you not just run the native InDesign for Mac in that situation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not in a classroom;-) I switch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Frans v.d. Geest,

Thank you for your patience. I wanted to update you regarding the error you're getting during launch of Beta 20.1. It seems that users are experiencing this problem primarily on Windows ARM devices running versions older than 10.0.26100.2033.

If you are using an older version, please update your Windows to the latest version to see if that resolves the issue. You can find more details on the required OS version here.

Please let me know how it goes. 

Best,
Abhishek Rao

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you still appear to think that you have no users outside the US. We typically pay more for your software, yet get a worse experience. There is no legitimate technical reason to limit the beta to the US. Every user who has posted here clearly has no trouble running an English build, so language is not an issue. And I sure hope your software has no problems running on a localized Windows.

You announced that Illustrator and InDesign would be available for ARM in July. It is now October and they are not available. A region-limited emulated beta version does not count. You announced that native ARM versions would be available in July. You lied. There is no other way to see this.

You have had Illustrator and InDesign running on Mac ARM for years, now. How come you were able to support Mac ARM, yet have taken 5+ years to support Windows ARM. I assume the code is largely cross-platform, so most of the hard work to support ARM has already been done. What exactly is the problem here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @arknu,

Thank you for expressing your concerns. I understand your frustration regarding the limited beta availability and delays in native ARM support for Windows. Your feedback is invaluable as we work to improve the experience for all users.

We appreciate your patience and support. If you have any more questions or need further assistance, please let us know!

Best,
Abhishek Rao

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Srishti Bali,
the Beta 20.1 runs well, even in german, but it won't open PDF-Files even though created by Indesign. Is this feature only available in 20.1 for English locale? That was my only reason for installing it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines