Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign beta Now Live on Windows for ARM Devices

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2024 Aug 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign+Copilot.gif

We are delighted to announce that InDesign Beta is now live on Windows for ARM devices (with Qualcomm SD X-Elite processors) for English locale. This update allows users to run InDesign on devices with Snapdragon X Series ARM architecture-based processors through emulation mode. 

note-icon.png  Note: Only InDesign 19.5 beta and later versions are available on Windows ARM architecture-based processors.

Minimum System Requirements:

• Processor: Snapdragon X Elite X1E-78-100 (up to 3.4 GHz, 12 cores)
  • Graphics: Snapdragon X Elite Qualcomm Adreno.

Known Issues:

• When performing different workflows, you may experience slight differences in performance.

Creative Cloud Library workflows:
    • Unable to drag and drop/place CC Library assets into the documents.
    • Operations done on Asset Web take time to reflect in the CC Library in InDesign.
    • Duplication of an element from Stock in CC Library does not work.

Download InDesign  (beta) now and share your feedback with us. Your feedback is invaluable to us.

icon-beta-beaker.png InDesign (beta) is now available for testing.

Explore new features and share your thoughts.

beta-banner-max-visual2.png.img.png

TOPICS
Activation billing and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2024 Oct 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Christian32755642y3ur,

Thank you for reaching out about the issue you're experiencing with opening PDF files in the Beta 20.1 version. To better understand the situation, could you please let me know if this issue is occurring with just one specific PDF file or if it's happening with multiple files?

Additionally, it would be helpful if you could share a screen recording showing how you're attempting to open the PDF file in the Beta, along with any error messages that appear. This information will assist us in troubleshooting the problem more effectively.

Looking forward to your response!

Best,
Abhishek Rao

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is you again @Abhishek Rao not reading the question of Christian32755642y3ur very well?.... The question Cristian asked was: "Opening PDF only available in English version?". The answer is: yes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Frans v.d. Geest and @Christian32755642y3ur,

I wanted to provide an update regarding the Beta 20.1 support for PDF files. It has been confirmed that the Beta version is now available for all users, including those in the German locale, on both Windows ARM and normal machines.

To open PDF files successfully, users must ensure that they meet the required system specifications, specifically Windows 11 24H2 (26100.1882) or above. You can find more details about the requirements here.

If you're still experiencing issues after confirming that your system meets these requirements, please let me know, and I'll assist you further.

Best,
Abhishek Rao

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The question of the poster was about opening PDF...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Abhishek Rao 

thanks for your reply. So it's not a matter of german or english.

I tried opening with "file>open..." or the open-button on the "welcome-screen", i tried right-klick on the file (open with indesign beta). there is no error message, it simply doesn't do anything. i tried several PDF-files, small, big, old, new. all created in indesign.

My system specifications:
Windows 10 Enterprise, 22H2, Systembuild 19045.4957, Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19060.1000.0
Processor: 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1185G7

I am not allowed to update my system. Is there a chance to provide opening PDF-files with these specifications?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2024 Oct 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The beta just showed up on my Surface Pro 11 in Denmark. Finally! Sad to see it still emulated, though. Really lazy of Adobe to be so slow in supporting ARM. Affinity managed it on day one...

And starting it up, this is what you get:

arknu_0-1729062567955.png

Really, Adobe? Even basics such as DPI scaling is apparently a challenge for you...

Restarting it again makes it display properly, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2024 Oct 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @arknu,

I completely understand your frustration with the performance and display issues-it's really disappointing when software doesn't meet our expectations.

To troubleshoot, please try these steps:

Switch Your Workspace: This might help resolve the display issue you're experiencing. Try changing to a different workspace and see if that makes a difference.

Restart InDesign: After switching the workspace, restart InDesign to see if the issue persists.

I truly hope these steps help improve your experience. If not, please let me know, and we can look into it further together!

Thanks, 

Abhishek Rao

^AR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2024 Oct 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On Windows 11 ARM, Photoshop can be installed, InDesign can not... (but 19.5 could!). 

Schermafbeelding 2024-10-17 om 16.28.42.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines