• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Map Search is not returning a result

Explorer ,
May 23, 2024 May 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Lightroom Classic on an M3 Macbook Pro running OS X 14.5. Since upgrading to Lightroom 13.3, searching in the Map module seems to have stopped working. When I enter a search location and hit Enter, the message "Searching" pops up for a moment, then disappears. The map remains unchanged; it does not move or place a marker at the searched-for location.

I am able to apply GPS coordinates successfully from Saved Locations. I'm able to use Google Maps in a browser without problems (so I know that my network connection to Google Maps isn't getting blocked). I have tried the "Switch to Library, then quit Lightroom, then re-open Lightroom" procedure that was a fix for some Map problems in earlier versions, but that doesn't resolve the issue. Multiple restarts of Lightroom have not resolved the problem.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

1. Open Lightroom

2. Switch to the Map module.

3. Type in a findable location in the search field.

4. Hit Enter

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR

Map should shift to display the requested location and indicate its position with a marker.

ACTUAL BEHAVIOR

The message "Searching" appears for a moment, then disappears. The map remains unchanged.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , May 23, 2024 May 23, 2024

I've checked Mac and Windows and can't get a search result either. I've logged an issue with the team. Thanks for the report!

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 04, 2024 Jun 04, 2024

Hi all,

We are happy to announce the release of Lightroom Classic 13.3.1, which incorporates the fix for this particular problem. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Lightroom Classic to 13.3.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Lightroom Classic. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
66 Comments
Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2024 Jun 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google Map not loading....

hoppla.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 01, 2024 Jun 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@dirkz97066185: Translation of the error: "Oops! An error has occurred. Google Maps did not load correctly on this page. Technical details can be found in the JavaScript console."

This is an unrelated longstanding bug acknowledged by Adobe. It typically occurs when you exit LR from the Map module (more frequently on Windows than on Mac but on Mac also). To work around it, start LR, go to Library, exit LR, restart LR, go to the Map module.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2024 Jun 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mee Too 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 03, 2024 Jun 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also and mostly @Rikk Flohr: Photography - thought I'd add/document here, as I see Adobe participation
Issues since 13.3. update and catalog transcription here:

1) Search in map for locations such as "Manhattan" or "Frankfurt" or "Summit One" or "43rd Street" or whatever does not work. Forum-discussed workaround "do not close LR in map view, close it in catalog browse view and then reopen" does not help.

2) Catalog sluggish. Extreme lag of showing thumbnails with their edits rather than just the original. Changing GPU acceleration settings does not help much.

And, yes: standing by 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Grohacke I've moved your message onto the bug thread for the Map Search bug. For the previews issue, please post a separate thread, tag me and I'll follow up there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, @Victoria Bampton LR Queen, as I assume there are probably enough threads documenting both already, I shall just leave it at that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Grohacke The slow previews sounds more like an issue transferring the previews during catalog upgrade rather than a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "inconvenient workaround" has now become part of my work flow and the more I use it the more I like it. With google maps as a companion we have street view readily on hand to help quickly locate places. I think that even when Adobe sort out the map I will continue to use google map as a companion. However, to be efficient you really need to have 2 monitors. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 04, 2024 Jun 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We are happy to announce the release of Lightroom Classic 13.3.1, which incorporates the fix for this particular problem. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Lightroom Classic to 13.3.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Lightroom Classic. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mohit Goyal Thank you! Yes, the update helps. Map-search is working now (Mac OS 14.5).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mohit Goyal  Update 13.3.1 has resolved the map module bug. Now it does show search results. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Olvidé apuntar que mi sistema operativo es WINDOWS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

Hurray, this is fixed in LR 13.3.1:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/fixed-issues.html

johnrellis_0-1717525242937.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2024 Jun 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to fix this issue by logging out of Creative Cloud then logging back in and launching Lightroom from the shortcut inside the Creative Cloud App.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2024 Jun 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

fixed thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate