• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Panels and filmstrip black when switching to Develop

Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2016 Sep 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this is the right place for a bug report, if not could anyone direct me to the right place please.

Clicking develop module at top right from the Library module opens the photo with film strip and both side bars black empty spaces. Initial few times I had to quit and restart Lightroom but then discovered switching to grid view again and develop keyboard short cut, everything comes back.
RackMultipart20160925120518s3z-67767e8f-a774-4727-b759-11eddc593416-1834522346.jpgRackMultipart20160925120518s3z-67767e8f-a774-4727-b759-11eddc593416-1834522346.jpg

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017
Hi all,

As Simon and Jeff have already mentioned in this thread, please make sure your macOS is updated to at least macOS Sierra 10.12 and at least Lightroom Classic 7.0 or Lightroom 6.13.

The best combo to avoid this issue is being on macOS High Sierra 10.13 and Lightroom Classic 7.1 or Lightroom 6.13.

The team has worked pretty hard with Apple to get this issue to stop appearing with macOS Sierra 10.12 and macOS High Sierra 10.13. Improvements were made in 10.12 and iterated upon for 10.13.

If yo...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017
Hi Steve,

As noted before, this is a bug introduced at the macOS level. Through collaboration with Apple, they have made a fix in the later version of the macOS update. So the right thing to do is to update to the more recent version of macOS when possible.

Having said that, Lr team have done our best to workaround this issue for the cases that we can reproduce for macOS 10.11.6. But there is a limit can Lr can do.

Hope you understand the situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017
This should now work correctly in Lightroom CC2015.10/6.10 or later on macOS Sierra (10.12) or later. Don't hesitate to let us know if you see the issue again on the current macOS, and if you do, what triggers it.  Please update your system and let us know if you have any additional issues. 

Additional information on this update can be found here: http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2017/04/lightroom-cc-2015-10-now-available.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 344 Replies 344
344 Comments
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Victoria, I will try going back to a previous version and see how that works out. How will I know when they fix this?
Thanks, Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread will be updated when there's an update, so if you're getting email notifications, you'll see the update. It'll no doubt also be listed on the Lightroom Journal blog post, and mine too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All LR control panels disappear w/o warning.  I have a screenshot but no means to upload.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to happen when Lightroom has been left open for a while.  The panels all around the main image will just disappear and go black.  They are open you just can't see them.  It seems like some kind of graphics driver bug, if I restart Lightroom everything will be fine, it's just annoying.   I've only noticed it after upgrading to MacOS Sierra 10.12.2. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Occasionally when I enter the develop module from the library, all the controls go black.  They literally disappear.  I then have to exit the program and reopen.  I have a 2015 MacBook pro and keep all software up to date automatically.  This is becoming very annoying and is costing me time when trying to edit images.  Has anyone experienced this and is there a solution?RackMultipart20170119626119lf9-c8982b3c-d2b9-47c1-abe2-9f867bf4e0a0-1746956574.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still waiting - no mention of a fix - and no indication of a timeline. Affected on both of my machines. Is anyone listening at Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was told to turn off "Use Graphics Processor" in Preferences, Performance.  Since my panels disappear at unpredictable times I haven't had a chance as yet to verify if this will fix the immediate problem.  I'll observe and repost re outcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion! Graphics processor is turned off on both of my machines, and won't turn back on - it seems Adobe have dropped support for a number of mac graphics processors that are older than ~4 years. So I don't think the problem is solely down to GPU usage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2017 Jan 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news Adobe? Anything to say or add?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2017 Jan 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not favorably impressed with Adobe's response, or lack thereof, either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2017 Jan 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've wasted time asking Adobe customer service and their twitter support for a projected timeline, which would help me understand whether it's worth downgrading or not. No answer yet! But I was told to try resetting my preferences, then turn off GPU, which seems to be the stock initial response even on known issues awaiting fixes from the development team! I do question the level of customer support. Sorry to be 'that guy' who points out that CC customers were promised better customer service and faster availability of fixes under the subscription model.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have two different iMac and both have the same issu. My newest is a retina 4ghz and i hawe a workaround. When panels disappear i can push the E key on the keyboard and panels returns. But on the other iMac 2013 this don't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Christmas closure got in the way this time John. They've been pretty quick on previous issues. I'm not at liberty to share a timeline, but I'd go ahead and downgrade if you're seeing it often.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Things I've tried on my iMac (late 2012) and which don't work:
- reseting preferences
- turning off GPU
- installing nvidia driver instead of those from macOS, with and without gpu in LR.

No way, the panel vanishing game is still around 😞

It needs a serious Adobe fix !

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had the problem recur with 2015.7 after four weeks of okay operation.  So I guess I'll try rolling back to 2015.6.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi karl, I just rolled back to 2015.7 with high hopes. Will post if it fails on me!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I honestly don't know how it is possible that we are waiting 41 days already for the fix, or at least some official comment from adobe. I am not interested in rolling back to previous versions, or spending hours trying to resolve the problem.This is not why I pay monthly subscription for the software. For us who work as a professionals this is really getting ridiculous. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree and this is the second time Adobe sent out an update to Lightroom CC with a serious bug. They have a major quality control issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They also seem to have a major code-writing issue if such fundamental bugs are present in the first place. I suggest that Adobe return to the practice of issuing release candidates of new versions so that they can be trialled and problems identified before general release. This worked well in the past.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happens all the time with me - several times a day. Sierra 10.12.2, MBP,  Lr CC 2015.8. I have to restart Lr in order to restore panels. cmgap

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clearly many of us are having this problem. I am just adding some info here...when first experiencing the problem I thought perhaps it was due to my older computer even though I keep it up to date. But I also teach and have now experienced the same problem when teaching on brand new Apple computers. So I know it is not specific to an old or new computer. Quitting and opening again worked but my students also discovered just minimizing and bringing it back from the dock also refreshed the window. Also I discovered when quitting, after the main window with blank panels closes and I get the back up inquiry window the missing panels are seen without the middle content. See attached screen shot.RackMultipart2017012610885110o-da585ef0-4c7d-4df2-ace7-e15e6b9b5572-2098718026.jpg
Dear Adobe, please fix this soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes it helps to push the D (Develop), or G (Grid) button to get back the normal panels. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem as described here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is insane. I'm finding other little glitches in my Lightroom CC on my iMac 27". I can't believe Adobe hasn't addressed these issues by now. WHAT IS GOING ON?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue but after updating macOS TO JAN 17 I have no experienced the blackouts

Votes

Translate

Translate