• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Syncing develop settings to a large batch of photos can wipe out the previous settings of a batch

New Here ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

自動補正を全体にかけハイライトやコントラス、彩度などの項目ごとの設定を同期するとチェックしていない項目がリセットされて0となってしまいます。

11.3.1のみこの状態となっており11.3では問題なく同期できました。

Bug Started
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Setting status to investigating

Status Started

Votes

Translate

Translate
31 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue:  Settings reset after applying multiple changes to all photos

• Lightroom Classic Version Number:  11
  • OS Version Number:    Windows 10

Steps to reproduce:

1. Select multiple photos in the Development mode.  I had 150+ photos
  2. Select Auto under the tone panel.  This should apply to all photos selected
  3. Select Auto white balance.  This should apply to all photos selected
  4. Change Clarity to 10.  This should apply to all photos selected
  5. Change Vibrance to 10.  This should apply to all photos selected
  6. Change Luminance to 15.  This should apply to all photos selected
  7. Change Sharpening to 15.  This should apply to all photos selected
  8. View another photo in the selection.
  9. All sliders under the tone panel are 0.
  10. In the history panel, select the Auto Settings.
  11. This will revert all changes except the Auto Settings.
  12. The sliders now have the correct Auto Settings.

Expected result

Sliders under the tone panel should have valid values when the Auto was selected in step 2.
Actual result

All sliders under the tone panel are 0.  A subsequent setting to step 2, reset the Auto Settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just have to ask since you don't say: do you have "auto sync" enabled?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, auto sync is enabled.  If auto sync was disabled, the history would not show the changes that I applied.  The attached image is the image that I switched to after I applied all the changes.  And as you can see, the sliders under the Tone panel are all 0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From your screenshot it looks like or is implied that you are attempting to Auto Tone and Auto WB a batch of photos in Develop Module.In Develop module, auto tone, auto WB, is absolute. In the Develop module LrC "looks" ar the active photo, and apply's auto tone, auto WB, Auto whatever to that active photo, then apply's that/those settings to the remaining selected photos. It does not treat each photo individually, then adjust Tone/WB as required for each photo. If your images have similar tonality, this would be overlooked.

This is how it has been for a long time.

Now, if you accomplish this in the Library module via the Quick Develop panel, you will get what you want. Quick Develop in Library module is relative, not absolute. That method does treat each photo separately.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/using-quick-develop-panel.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS26oYRa8J0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to have to take your word for it but I've been using Lightroom for years.  I've been able to do multiple changes like auto tone settings and auto white balance and have not seen this issue with previous versions.  This is the first that I've noticed it; with this version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@GoldingD - I'm not sure your statements are correct.  I believe when you use Auto Tone and/or Auto WB with Auto Sync on, LrC does "look" at every image and make different adjustments based on its analysis of each individual image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, your symptoms are very similar to an old bug with applying Auto to large batches of photos that was fixed some time back:

https://feedback-readonly.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-applying-auto-tone... 

I followed your recipe but didn't observe the bad behavior. And when I tested the recipe in the original bug report, which uses presets rather than Auto Sync, I didn't observe bad behavior.  If Adobe can't reproduce the bad behavior they're unlikely to pay much attention.

In the meantime, try the workaround from that bug report. After applying Auto in step 2, go to Library and do Library > Previews > Build Standard-Sized Previews. Then apply the other Develop settings with Auto Sync. Does the bad behavior still occur?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, after I applied auto tone, I went out and did build the standard preview.  Then went back into develop and auto WB.  Previous changes seem to stick.  I then applied Clarity.  Went back to Library, then back to develop.  Same with Vibrance, Luminous, Sharpening.  So between every change, I went back out to Library.  Only the first time did I build the standard preview.  What a hassel but at least all the changes stuck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad the workaround helps. Let's see if others start reporting similar symptoms again (i.e. if the bug has come back for more people).

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this exact same issue while doing batch auto tones. It seems to have only recently started happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I'm having this exact same issue while doing batch auto tones. It seems to have only recently started happening."

Can you provide a precise sequence of steps and/or provide a screen recording?  As mentioned above, I'm not able to reproduce the problem in LR 11 using the recipe at the top of this thread. Without a recipe, Adobe is unlikely to spend any time on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google translation: "After automatically correcting the whole, it will be reset when synchronizing for each item.  If you apply automatic correction to the whole and synchronize the settings for each item such as highlight, contrast, and saturation, the unchecked items will be reset to 0. Only 11.3.1 is in this state, and I was able to synchronize with 11.3 without any problems."

It's not clear exactly the steps you are taking -- can you please provide a precise step-by-step description of exactly what you're doing that doesn't work? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ライブラリモジュールにて複数の写真(400枚前後)を選択した状態で自動補正し、

その後、現像モジュールでハイライト、シャドウ、彩度を調整しそれらを

他の写真に一括同期すると自動補正されたはずの露光量・コントラスト・

白レベル・黒レベルの数値が0となってしまいます。

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google translation: "Automatically correct with multiple photos (around 400) selected in the library module, Then adjust the highlights, shadows and saturation in the Develop module and adjust them. Exposure, contrast, and exposure that should have been automatically corrected when synchronized with other photos at once The white and black level values ​​will be 0."

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Summary: Syncing develop settings to a large batch of photos can wipe out the previous settings of a batch Auto.

Details: Precise steps to reproduce on LR 11.3.1 / Mac OS 12.3.1:

1. In Library, select 1000 photos (a mix of raws and non-raws). (It occurs with fewer photos, but 1000 will ensure that you see the bug.)

2. Do Quick Develop > Reset All and wait for the progress bar to finish.

3. Do Quick Develop > Auto and wait for the progress bar to finish.

4. With all the photos still selected, take the first photo into Develop and set Exposure = -5.

5. Do Sync, selecting just Exposure, and wait for Sync to finish.

6. In the filmstrip, select one of the last photos.  Observe that all the Basic sliders are 0 except for Exposure -- the Auto settings have been reset.  Sample more of the photos in the middle of the selection and observe the same thing. As you get closer to the first photo, you may find photos that have the Auto settings and Exposure = -5.

This recipe also provokes the bug in LR 11.2 and 10.4, so the bug has been around for awhile.

Workaround: Define a preset with just Sharpening selected (e.g. your default sharpening settings).  After step 3, apply the preset to the selected photos with Quick Develop > Saved Preset > preset, and wait for the progress bar to finish before proceeding.

A workaround that worked with past bugs with batch Auto, doing Library > Build Standard-Sized Previews after step 3, doesn't work here.

Historical note: A similar bug was reported in 2016. But in that incarnation, Auto wiped out later-applied settings. In this incarnation, later-applied settings wipes out the earlier Auto settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk Flohr: Photography, I've provided a precise recipe for reproducing this problem. Please move to Bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Setting status to investigating

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Started

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem:

1. select 800 photos (Canon RAW)
2. right click - Develop settings - Auto settings
3. all values under "Basic" are set, different for individual photos (as it should be)
4. select one phot
5. change Shadows to 70
6. select all 800 photos
7. Sync, only Shadows selected.

The result - all the values under Basic are now 0 accept Shadows.

Is there something I'm supose to do deferently?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@zvonimirm ,

You have posted in a thread that is old and has been marked as "answered". It's unlikely post will attract much attention, better to create a new thread and include details particularly the version number of the version of Lightroom you are using and also for your Operating System.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this issue for a long time now. I've just learned to live with it and it definitly has an impact on my editing workflow. I'd love a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ib2loud , Are you still seeing this issue with the LrC 11.4.1 update?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes still having the issue on 11.4.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if the article at the link below offers a better understanding of what synchronize folder is designed to do.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/synchronize-folder/

Votes

Translate

Translate