• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: All Presets show the same checked boxes

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re: Lightroom Classic Develope Presets, Update with Current Settings, no matter which "USER" preset I click I get the same checked boxes, by default Lightroom should show the settings that were originally saved with each preset, Interestingly when I use Adobe Camera Raw my lightroom presets are there and the checked boxes are all correct!!

Thanks in anticipation.

Ron Hills.

Idea No status
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
8 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I see the same thing, Windows LrC 11.2 release.

I expect this is not some new intended behaviour... certainly hope not! My recollection is that earlier LrC versions did fetch the prior state for each checkbox. I suggest a bug report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@richardplondon 

I don't think this ever worked with the originally saved boxes checked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe Bob is correct. I think that Lightroom will show you the last used checkboxes, regardless of the selected preset. Maybe a feature request?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My recollection is not reliable then... it does seem an obviously sensible expectation, at least to me. And surely determinable from the preset alone? ...since parameters will only be in there which were previously asked for.

Ah well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree that the Update should only check the boxes of the ones used in the preset you are updating.  Should be easy to do

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob, you agree that the Update should only check the boxes of the ones used in the preset you are updating, and it. Should be easy to do. but that's the whole point it's not, perhaps you could show us if it's easy.  If you check the Adobe Camera Raw version you will see a complete working update, I think Adobe are just ignoring the Lightroom problem, because it has been around for a number of years according to my searches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By "easy to do" I think the suggestion was, not (inherently) very hard for Adobe to program this functionality into a future version. Or possibly, for someone else to write a plugin to do this. Until either happens (and there may be a plugin already in existence that I am unaware of) there is no way to achieve this in the software - easy, nor hard!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 05, 2022 Mar 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Moderators, @Rikk Flohr: Photography, please move to Ideas.

Votes

Translate

Translate