• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Desktop: needs to restart to clean?

LEGEND ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed lightroom and this constantly flashes on screen then lightroom closed, reopens itself and says this again and keeps circling.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
49 Comments
LEGEND ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also - I updated my Mac to Bug Sur - still getting the same message.. I uninstalled and reinstalled lightroom after Big Sur upgrade, that hasn't resolved the problem either unfortunately.

Screenshot20210114at11.27.19-b5045940-d13b-49b4-be7d-4e499acb948d-2105759688.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rikk,

I was able to access preferences despite having the message pop up on my screen - here below is the log. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kc2zpo74dt34rx4/DiagnosticLog.html?dl=0

Also, I tried accessing the log through the Lightroom CC folder, but I couldn't find that folder for some reason - sending below a screen shot of the path that I have incase you may find it handy.

Screenshot20210114at11.38.04-d209d78f-4fa3-41e1-8288-5b38f6f3777c-2091316724.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ScreenShot20210114at1.43.38pm-3bc1be64-b2fa-4ec0-a06e-85a925450b84-1576735883.png

Hi Rikk ... cloud icon in top right corner does have rotating progress circle...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And here's close up of the sync window

ScreenShot20210114at1.49.34pm-7037b060-a267-4427-af39-452f5454ea97-2010864341.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that I have the same progress circle as well - *Kurt how did you open the sync window? - id like to see if mine looks the same as yours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk here's the diagnostic log for us https://cloudstor.aarnet.edu.au/plus/s/BqQFfZlTHlF40VI

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It took a few tries ... we managed to open it on one of the restarts, during the couple of seconds just before the "clean up" message opens and locks everything up. Good luck!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

haha I FIXED IT!!!

ok so here's what I did - like you said.. when you open lightroom, in the second before you get the pop up, click on the cloud icon to open the sync window.. then VERY quickly hover over the blue syncing circle that says 'syncing photos' - the blue circle icon will change to say 'Pause syncing' - click on it. it should then say "sync Paused". you will then still get the popup warning about cleaning - click OK. 

If you did it right (pat yourself on the back for having the fastest fingers in the west!), lightroom will restart, the cloud icon will say syncing paused by default and you won't get the error anymore.

Hope it works for you!

Screenshot20210114at14.29.46-9e704df2-397f-4e5e-a4a8-a9a53c1819cf-367091091.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to note - as soon as I switch the syncing in the cloud icon back to "resume syncing", I   immediately get the popup window about "cleaning" and get stuck in the continuous restart loop.

I restarted the steps above and paused syncing and it worked fine so no dramas, BUT @Rikk although keeping the syncing paused doesn't bother me much (as I am working locally), it would be great if there is a solution that would allow us to resume syncing and not get the pop up (incase in the future I wanted to save to the cloud).

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @mmakki ... we've done what you suggested, and that has also worked for us, we are finally out of the 'clean up' loop. But we now don't seem to have any of our previous edits in Lightroom. When we try to use Lightroom to open the copy and renamed versions of the Lightroom Catalog, we have nothing there. I can see that there are plenty of folders/subfolders (138MB worth) ... but when we try to open the library via finder, Lightroom opens without any images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this goes beyond my technical expertise tbh - im not an expert user in lightroom, I use it to edit a few photos now and then... Im guessing @Rikk would be best to help out with this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk  I'm on Windows 10 and I have this problem. I've never had a problem with any other Adobe products, just this one. I own it through my school and it's not expired yet. I only just got this PC one month ago so there shouldn't be any problem.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, same thing happened

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did this too. It didn't work for me. Same cycle, but thanks for trying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi *weepingangelemma we found a solution, its in the post below... i made another post with clearer instructions here.. fyi it works for mac but dont know if it does for Windows

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom/recurring-restart-message-that-doesn-t-let-me-use-the-app/t...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*mmakki TYSM!! It worked!! It definitely took quite a few tries but it does work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*Kurt Hopefully you can get back the edits that you previously worked on. I haven't used it yet so in my case, the paused syncing is okay for me. I fortunately have 1TB of space to work with so it's fine that I can't use the cloud. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk It's fixed for now. I looked  at another comment and the paused syncing worked for me although I can no longer use the cloud for any future projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kurt,

With Lightroom closed, if you go to https://lightroom.adobe.com and attempt to log in using the same Adobe ID does it log in? 

If yes, does launching Lightroom Desktop now clear the looping message when you unpause sync?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Deleted User I still have the lightroom needs to restart to clean some things up for you and cannot pause the syncing like suggested by @mmakki anythiung else to trY?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too own it through the school however there isnt enough time for me to pause the syncing. Any other solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@PigTown10101 a long shot but try disabling your network connection (e.g. wifi) temporarily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rikk ... we did not have any success trying to log in at lightroom.adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you describe what happens when you try to log in on https://lightroom.adobe.com? 

Can you provide a screenshot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Updates to Lightroom Classic and the Lightroom Ecosystem products for Desktop, Mobile and Web were released today and contain a fix for this issue.

Please refresh your Creative Cloud application and install your update when it becomes available. Thank you for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate