• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: SD->Lightning Import Error

LEGEND ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

619A537359A54D63811FA4B4253207-066177e7-96cd-4ac2-b4b8-ef18d93acad6-644868586.png619A537359A54D63811FA4B4253207-066177e7-96cd-4ac2-b4b8-ef18d93acad6-644868586.png

iPhone 8 iOS - 14.4.2 - Lightroom Mobile

I have had a recurring issue for multiple recent versions of the app with SD->Lightning raw imports on LR Mobile failing to complete.

For example have 100 photos to import. Plug in, 8 photos import, error message saying the rest could not be completed. Sometimes I have to do this 5-6+ times just to get the 100 into the app. 

This is probably a 9/10 times occurrence for me. I have gotten a new Apple adapter as well as a new iPhone 8 under my Apple Care and they insist it is this app and will not replace any more hardware for this issue. This has been my go to workflow for almost two years now but the last 6 months have been infuriating. Please help!

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Greetings,

Updates to Camera Raw, Lightroom Classic and the Lightroom Ecosystem products for Desktop, Mobile and Web, were released today and contain a fix for this issue.

Please refresh your Creative Cloud application and install your update when it becomes available. Thank you for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate
6 Comments
Engaged ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m having exactly the same issue. iPhone 11, iPad Pro 10,5 and official card reader. No issues in other apps.

A workaround is tu download first in ios and then import in LR. “Workaround, the new workflow”

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We do have a bug logged for this already and should have this in a future update. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk Please add to it while I lose my mind over here. I bought a fast SD card reader for my laptop to just go around this never-ending issue and somehow I still have a pending photo stuck on the app.

I haven’t uploaded a photo through the app since my most recent weekly app delete/reinstall so how can one be pending? And seriously why can’t we just see which photo is hung up or cancel all uploads? Now I have to delete/reinstall my app and start all over again to make it go away. You guys are messing with my workflow with this and it’s a constant pain point. Please address it soon as the money I pay for your service is as valuable as my time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

Updates to Camera Raw, Lightroom Classic and the Lightroom Ecosystem products for Desktop, Mobile and Web, were released today and contain a fix for this issue.

Please refresh your Creative Cloud application and install your update when it becomes available. Thank you for your patience.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me as well, for the last 4 months or so, completely messing with my workflow which had served me so well for the past 3 years. 

I try importing photos from my SD card and lightning / SD card reader to Adobe Lightroom on iPad Pro (2017 or 2018 model), and it crashes consistently. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Lightroom app, and even re-imaging the entire iPad. It still crashes such that it takes 10 or more attempts (>2 hrs of babysitting) to load images from a 700 image shoot. 

This happens whether my iPad Pro has lots of storage (e.g. 200 of 256 GB free) or is on the more full end. Would really, really appreciate resolution to this issue. I’ve been a loyal Lightroom subscriber for at least 3 years and have recommended the service (and my workflow) to so many of my friends. I really want it to work again for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's 2022 Jun 30 and I am still having exactly the same issue. 

Frist thought it was my card or the reader so I replaced them all. Such a waste of time and $$ till I found this post. 

Do we have an ETA of when this would be fixed?   9 out of 10 imports have this issue! 

errrr 

I could copy files to anywhere else without issues. 

Votes

Translate

Translate