• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Add Custom Brush Presets

LEGEND ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was (and still am, I guess) so, so excited about the launch of the new CC. However, I was extremely disappointed to find that there is no local adjustments folder to add custom brush presets. I chatted with an Adobe Support rep and they said that it "may be added in the future" and to post on here.

I cannot believe that I have to post on here asking for Adobe to add a main chunk of my workflow back into Lightroom. I can't be the only one whose LR workflow is affected by the lack of this capability.

Idea Planned
TOPICS
Android , Chrome OS , iOS: iPhone , iPadOS , macOS , tvOS: Apple TV , Web , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Updating Status

Status Planned

Votes

Translate

Translate
97 Comments
LEGEND ,
Aug 12, 2018 Aug 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also very disappointed as I just discovered after purchasing some brush presets that I can't use them in cc.....very frustrated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't believe I am just discovering this.  I have been trying to find my old brushes after a complete hard drive and computer board failure.  I had them before in June of 2018. Do I have to recreate them all over again?  I found my logo brushes but the set up to access them is very cumbersome.  This must be a mistake.  Why would Adobe remove brushes that we created and/or paid for. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just added the some brush presets to the Local Adjustment Presets folder and they are working fine.  It must have to do with the unchecked box in Store presets with this catalog.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jessica, I just bought some brushes and was told they wouldn't work, but they do. I did the following.  Click on on lightroom preferences inside of lightroom. Go to Presets and uncheck the box Store presets with this catalog. Then click on Show Lightroom Presets Folder.  Then click on Lightroom and then the Local Adjustment Presets. This is where you copy the brushes too. From your download file highlight the brushes .lrtemplate files and copy them to that folder.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shellette, if you're seeing a Show Lightroom Presets Folder button and Store Presets with this catalog checkbox, you're using Lightroom Classic, not Lightroom CC. Different version with a confusingly similar name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe, please make brush presets available in LR CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please make Custom Brushes and the option to Import of Save them in Lightroom CC (not classic)

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please make custom brushes and the option to import them into Lightroom CC.  I have tons of brushes that I cannot use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So dissapointment. how is this even possible ?! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't install any brush presets. I also can't find anything in my brush options for teeth whitening or iris/ eye enhancing. I assumed with the price we pay, I'd be able to do that in here? Now I have to use a second app. Why??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yo, Adobe!  Enough already.  Add the abiltiy for custom Adjustment Brush presets to Lightroom CC (i.e. not Classic)!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no brushes on CC? Error. I wanted to get the new iPad pro and move my workflow to only edit on that, but since I do portrait photography I need the iris enhance etc. Sigh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I support the request, if Iris Enhance is the only thing holding you back, you know you can simply remember the slider values for that preset (Exposure +0.35, Clarity +10, Saturation +40) and move the sliders yourself? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that Victoria, but I need more than just the iris enhance. Doing it manually on a lot of photos just on iris enhance is very time consuming. Not to mention soften skin, teeth whitening, dodge and burn, saturation.

I think it's holding most people back from replacing classic with CC, so why not just add it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's very interesting that's the only thing holding you back. There's a few other features that seem to be blockers at the moment too, and nothing ever happens as quickly as we'd like it to!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is amazing to me that Adobe has not even addressed the fact that bush settings remain from previous use-settings, so if you enter the menu assuming every setting is at zero, and add the settings you want without checking, you dont get what you expect!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A year plus and they still haven't fixed this.......seems very suspect to me. I bet a new product launch is near that will cost $$$ if we want to merge them. I feel we pay enough for this service to get what we need and just have all of the features that Classic have in our CC version. Get it together Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, right. Very suspect indeed that they need more than a year to put ten years of Lightroom Classic development into Lightroom CC...
-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 28, 2018 Dec 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just setup a new iPad Pro. Was excited to add CC to my Classic workflow but this is a huge oversight to something so fundamental in retouching. I’m not sure what’s worse. No brush presets or not being able to see your masks when brushing/erasing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

me too

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the announcement that a full version of Photoshop will be released for iOS, this seems like an even more incredible omission for Lightroom CC.  This is a critical tool in just about every Lightroom workflow.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 19, 2019 Jan 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is unexceptable.  I thought I was getting a BETTER, UPDATED version of Lightroom.  This is totally backwards and needs to be fixed.  It never dawned on me that I couldn't use a NEWLY purchased set of brushes on the "new" lightroom. And it doesn't look like things are going to chance anytime soon since this feed is over a year old. GRRRRR.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2019 Jan 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scrap better and updated version and replace with new and different version of Lightroom.

For some things it's already much much better than LR Classic (e.g. multi-device use) but it's also very young, so it doesn't have the full feature set yet.

LR Classic has taken 12+ released years plus many prep years before that to get to the current feature set, whereas LR CC has only been out just over a year, so just set expectations accordingly. There's a lot of work to do!

If you need features that are currently only available in LR Classic, and the single-platform focus of Classic is a better fit, then Classic is still being developed and updated frequently. It may be that you're just a little early in switching.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 03, 2019 Feb 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe. I installed trial version of LR CC on my desktop, planning to move my process to iPad Pro this year with your solution. Yes, i know, you spent 12 years to make LR Classic that cool, but brushes presets - I DO F*CKING KNOW - it's EASY for you. You've got the f*cking brushes, you've got the f*cking presets for the whole photo, so you've got the algorithms right there, not even in LR Classic, so just make some interface changes and add brushes presets that will cost you a few days of a little dev team, it's critical thing - it's stopper for me and not just for me. I've got a lr 4 license, use it for almost 6 years and i WONT buy a thing, that can't cover it's f*cking old functions. It's a year since you launched "Cloud" lightroom, and you did f*cking nothing with the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 02, 2019 Mar 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys same issue here. The product naming makes it very difficult to understand in detail the difference between versions, and online answers from 2017 get mixed with 2019 ́s ones.

For me the lack of brush presets kills the workflow completely, I just cancelled my subscription until this functionallity is added, that day Lightroom CC would be no doubt my game changer, as I was hoping to gat most of my work done from an iPad out of the office.

Let ́s hope this is added soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate