Highlighted

Lightroom CC showing 'likes & comments'

Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to maximise cloud sync with my workflow because i think that Adobe have provided some excellent features that really make life easy. however there are a couple of simple features that seem to be missing.

So after importing my images in lightroom classic i create a collection and sync it to the cloud. i then share the Adobe web link with my client and ask them to "like and comment" on the images that they want. Those likes then appear in lightroom classic and i know exactly which ones my clients want and they can comment on thinks like "we would like this 8 x 12 in a fame". The first niggle is that i cant filter on these likes and comments in lightroom classic, but as this is a lightroom CC forum let me move onto the main issue.

As i am out on the road a lot i use a laptop and want to work on my images when i am away from my server (where my catalog images are stored). The Adobe answer is Lightroom CC which is brilliant. i can work on all the images that are on my Cloud and even edit them in Photoshop while away from my server. That all syncs nicely back to my Lightroom classic catalog on my server.

However, working in lightroom CC, I cant see any of the 'likes & Comments' that my clients have entered so i dont know which ones to work on.

Are there some settings that i have missed?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by JimHess | Adobe Community Professional

No. However, you can go to Lightroom.adobe.com and get that information. Awkward, yes. But that's the way it is right now.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom CC showing 'likes & comments'

Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to maximise cloud sync with my workflow because i think that Adobe have provided some excellent features that really make life easy. however there are a couple of simple features that seem to be missing.

So after importing my images in lightroom classic i create a collection and sync it to the cloud. i then share the Adobe web link with my client and ask them to "like and comment" on the images that they want. Those likes then appear in lightroom classic and i know exactly which ones my clients want and they can comment on thinks like "we would like this 8 x 12 in a fame". The first niggle is that i cant filter on these likes and comments in lightroom classic, but as this is a lightroom CC forum let me move onto the main issue.

As i am out on the road a lot i use a laptop and want to work on my images when i am away from my server (where my catalog images are stored). The Adobe answer is Lightroom CC which is brilliant. i can work on all the images that are on my Cloud and even edit them in Photoshop while away from my server. That all syncs nicely back to my Lightroom classic catalog on my server.

However, working in lightroom CC, I cant see any of the 'likes & Comments' that my clients have entered so i dont know which ones to work on.

Are there some settings that i have missed?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by JimHess | Adobe Community Professional

No. However, you can go to Lightroom.adobe.com and get that information. Awkward, yes. But that's the way it is right now.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks JimHess, at least I can end my search for an answer.

it seems like a logical feature so hopefully Adobe will include it in future updates.

thinking about it, my work around for now will be to make sure that I flag the images that my clients have 'liked' or 'commented' in Lightroom classic before I travel. then the flags will show up and can be filtered in Lightroom CC.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at the options, it seems to be best to view them on Mobile at the moment (iOS at least) - Tap with two fingers in Grid View after you open an Album.

I was playing with Lightroom Web earlier and even with Show Badge Overlay On, they don’t show. The only way I could see that was by going into the individual photo.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Selondon

thanks, I agree, its a bit clunky in Lightroom web but I can at least you can find the likes in each image. I have not used Lightroom web before but after posting in this forum I will be doing that more.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Unable to view comments & likes in the Android app.
  2. Unable to view badge icons with comments/likes from the client when viewing a shared album.
  3. Totally agree with @Yawp and his/her initial post. I am away from the office working from a borrowed computer trying to get some work done for a client with lightroom.adobe.com and we are running into the same issue. There is no efficient way to sort/filter photos with likes/comments on them. Nor is there a way to view badge overlays in the grid view when working from Lightroom CC Web edition.
  4. Three months ago, there is a thread with a feature request for these issues to be patched, but nothing as of yet.
  5. Help files on Adobe's Support make it seem easy to do what we are discussing, but in reality, it makes you feel inept that you cannot easily find the features and functions that we are trying to accomplish. These glaring issues are a design flaw, but who knows what resources the Lightroom CC dev team has. =-0
  6. There's no way I want to go through a library of 500+ photos one by one to check for likes/comments.
  7. Just noticed that when you filter by flag in LR CC Web, you lose the ability to see likes/comments.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Almost 1.5 years later and still apparently no syncing workflow from Lightroom CC for Comments and Likes?? It seems that Adobe does not want to do this. What is the utility? Do your really expect us to buy tons of storage, keep all our raws in the cloud and only do our edits through lightroom.adobe.com?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can sort images by “Last Comment Time” on Lightroom Classic

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That solution forces me to create the album on my desktop. If I create the album in mobile, that album does not sync back to Classic. "Why Not?" is another ridiculous mystery. It's like using two completely different programs sometimes. They do not work well together, and I'm betting Adobe has no plans to keep developing Classica much longer.... 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That solution forces me to create the album on my desktop. If I create the album in mobile, that album does not sync back to Classic. "Why Not?" is another ridiculous mystery. It's like using two completely different programs sometimes. They do not work well together, and I'm betting Adobe has no plans to keep developing Classica much longer...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awkward? Are you make fun of us? 

So why would you share a colletion, when it´s not possible to comment or view the comments in this app. 

Is someone at Adobe using this app? 

Seems to be the clown department? 

I am very annoyed of the lack of this feature? 

Why would something that essential not find it way in the final app? 

I am speechless. 

I speak german, english,spanish specs: iMac iMac.27" 17.1 Intel Core i7 processor:4 GHz Ram :32 GB Premiere CC 14.0.1 German Version. Handle ohne zu tun; ohne Anstrengung arbeiten. Stell dir das Kleine gross vor und das Wenige als Viel. Beschäftige mit dem Schwierigen, solange es noch einfach ist. Erfülle die große Aufgabe durch viele kleine Taten. Act without doing; work without effort. Think of the small as large and the few as many. Confront the difficult while it is still easy; accomplish the great task by a series of small acts.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is incredibly frustrating to not have such a simple feature already implemented. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The feature that was requested in the original post of this thread was implemented in June of this year. Likes and Comments are now accessible from all of the Lightroom apps, not just the LrWeb app. There's also a Notifications feature in all the apps to let the user know when new likes/comments have been made.

It's still not perfect, i.e. there's no way yet to filter likes and comments on a per album basis, nor separate them on a per customer basis either. But progress has been made, and hopefully more will follow in due course.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update Jim.  I was commenting on the inability to filter likes and comments in Lightroom Classic, because when sending client proofs, there's often more than 50, sometimes up to 100 images in each album/collection, so you can see how it can be frustrating to not be able to filter the likes.

Also, is there going to be a way for clients to NOT have to create an Adobe ID in order to view and comment/like proofs or shared albums?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Classic at least has the "Last Comment Time" sort order, which at least lets you group all the images with comments/likes together. Each image with an unread commen/like will have a yellow badge in the grid, and the collection in the Collections Panel will laso have a yellow badge to indicate unread comments/likes. By no means perfect, but a lot better than nothing.

However, whilst I'm optimistic that improvements in the viewing/filtering in the cloud apps will happen eventually, I'd be a bit more pessimistic that any improvements will appear in Classic.

Regarding the Adobe ID requirement for comments/likes, that has been discussed with Adobe countless times, but they haven't shifted yet, so don't get your hopes up. To be honest, I've never been certain why this is an issue, it seems standard requirement for most (all) social media sites these days....

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines